Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I'm not saying he could not do a job at Villa but do you not think prehaps he has just found his level ?

He is finding the Championship a walk in the park and has been instrumental in Notts Forest rise up to potential promotion. No. I don't think he has found his level I think he is quite clearly above Championship level.

• Like 3

I'm not saying he could not do a job at Villa but do you not think prehaps he has just found his level ?

Perhaps.

But he's earned a chance to show he can do it at this level.

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of recent buzz about Gary, I haven't been keeping up on events and last I heard is he wasn't even cutting it down there.

But seemingly that has all changed now?  I've read a few people say he has been instrumental in a turn around going on at forest right now...and they're not far off play offs?

Another player to bolster our squad for our european journey next season? ;)

Seeing a lot of recent buzz about Gary, I haven't been keeping up on events and last I heard is he wasn't even cutting it down there.

But seemingly that has all changed now? I've read a few people say he has been instrumental in a turn around going on at forest right now...and they're not far off play offs?

All of the above and he's been given the nickname 'the caretaker'

But seemingly that has all changed now? I've read a few people say he has been instrumental in a turn around going on at forest right now...and they're not far off play offs?

All of the above and he's been given the nickname 'the caretaker'

Sweet, that is all good for the villa then...well need him! Be like a new signing if he comes good for us, one I'd forgotten about.

I read an article of the forest manager wanting to make him perm, but Tim won't let him go. Don't think it had quotes though...anything on that?

It's pity in a way that he's developed into the position where it's probably most difficult to get into the team - for the anchor role, he'll be up against Westwood, Sanchez and possibly Delph for a place. I hope he can continue to develop and give it a good go next season.

• 2 weeks later...

No goal today but he got MOM. Ran the show apparently. Good lad. Lucky Lambert didn't let him go for 50k

Didn't lambert give him a new contract?

yeah 2 year deal. Thats why i said lucky he didnt let him go.

No goal today but he got MOM. Ran the show apparently. Good lad. Lucky Lambert didn't let him go for 50k

Didn't lambert give him a new contract?

yeah 2 year deal. Thats why i said lucky he didnt let him go.

I think a lot of managers would have let him go, fair play to lambert for giving him a contract.

lol, imagine if we had to read this in an interview with Lambert down the line :-

“He was never close to leaving in my opinion but there were people at the club who wanted to bring in another midfielder and sacrifice Gary Gardener – but I wouldn’t allow that to happen."

Tell him to jog on :P

Â