Barclays Fantasy League: VillaTalk Championship 11/12

GarethRDR

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Young has expressed a desire to leave my team by signing for QPR, who I reckon will still leak like sieve all season and as he's injured this weekend too, so I've replaced him with Stephen Taylor of Newcastle and banked £0.5mil in the process

Do the player values change throughout the season? I was just just picking my team for the weekend and noticed that my squad value was £100.4 million. Now I want to get rid of O'hara and get Elhomandy in who is £0.5 million cheaper and this would take my squad value down to £99.9 million. Would I still have an overall kitty of £100 million if I did this and thus do myself out of £0.4 million worth of player or does my overall kitty increase with the squad value thus leaving me £0.6 million to spend in future transfers?

A shiny six pence to anyone who can get their head around that little ramble.

Your squad is worth that because that is now what it would cost for you to buy the same players again. If you want to sell those players you will only get half the profit that you made on them. If you bought ashley young for 10 and he's now 10.2, you get 10.1 if you sell him. As for your question, you have 0 in the bank. If you buy a player .5 less than the one you sold, you'll have .5 in the bank and your team will be worth 99.9, but you can only touch at most 99.7 of it

I swapped my captain to Bent from Nani. Only got four points for Bent (with the bonus), which means it is already looking like a bad choice. I have been really unlucky with my captain choice thus far and it costs big time...

The captain situation really is costing me. I have still not had decent points from my captain, yet had shifted from 77th (outside the top 100 at some point actually) to 17th before today. Not too bad considering, although I am sure I will have moved back down after today.

Â