Barclays Fantasy League: VillaTalk Championship 11/12

GarethRDR

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Argh, after back to back weeks of huge point tallies, I'm back to scraping shit off my shoes....I hope my 3 Man City players do well, and Schwerner scores a hat trick, lol

So much for that...

Does anyone know when the players going off to the african nations fly off?

About now, Demba Ba not available until Mid-Feb :(

And I don't think I can afford to dump him and bring him back later so this African Cup of nations is beginning to piss me off somewhat

I will be dumping Ba now before his price drops when everyone else does the same thing. I will buy him back as soon as he gets knocked out or wins the African Cup. You probably won't loose much to do it really.

• 1 month later...

Right so i am playing the telegraph fantast football in work. theres 37 of us in the league and myself and 2 others put a bit of a gap between us and the rest of the pack and everyweek a different one of us was leading. But i am really stuck on what to do.

we have limited subs throughout the season and i only have 6 left (start with 30)

This week i lost alot of ground without rooney or adeybeyor (who i just replaced with Ba)

With Ba now playing behind Cisse i cant see him scoring as many and i am tempted to swap back (also note that FA Cup games Count) so should i go back to Adebeyor?

Rooneys finding form and Aguero isnt

I am tempted to make both subs but cant afford them both and only have 6 subs left.

To make both i could always get rid of Mata for someone else (Sessnagon, McClean, Chamberlain, Valencia)

what do you think i should do? make 3 subs, 1, stick with my team! bear in mind if im doing all 3 i will take aguero and Ba out for adebeyor and the midfielder and swap Mata for Rooney after he plays in the FA cup

My slow slog up the table continues....I've managed to get Silva, Bale, V. Persie and Ba in my team. Pilkington has been a nice surprise for what I paid him for a while back.

Still, my awful start to this thing means no matter how well I keep doing, I doubt I'll even crack the top 25.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Had a bit of a disaster since Easter and can't see myself making up 27 points in the last gameweek. Well done to Adam Maddock...

Well, considering my terrible first 3 months languishing near the very bottom of the table, I did quite well on the whole, finishing in the top 90.

Gonna win it all next year

I won! (hurrah for me) and on the day McLeish got the sack, double delight!!

Really nice to win this after coming 7th and 5th in previous years. Finally hit some decent form in gwk 28 and managed to keep it going to the end.

Hopefully with a decent manager they'll be some good value amongst the Villa players next year, not having any Villa players apart from Given for the first few weeks really helped this year...

I won! (hurrah for me) and on the day McLeish got the sack, double delight!!

Really nice to win this after coming 7th and 5th in previous years. Finally hit some decent form in gwk 28 and managed to keep it going to the end.

Hopefully with a decent manager they'll be some good value amongst the Villa players next year, not having any Villa players apart from Given for the first few weeks really helped this year...

:thumb:

Â