Photography?

trimandson

I think the Nikon will give you better longevity based on the lenses available

How so?

because for one there is always the fear that Sony will drop their camera division if its not profitable, it is merely a small arm in their business. Nikon make Cameras and scientific instruments involving lenses mainly, it is their major product. They have as complete a range of products as you could wish for (the same is not that same for Sony)

To me these days and SLR camera for the semi serious has to be either Canon or Nikon

There you go :D

I make a living using Nikon products. Canon could work too no doubt. Sony I doubt.

However you might say you're not that serious. But why not go with the big boys to start with anyway? It's gotta be better in the long run. Plus if you get used to that camera, want an upgrade or something happens, you're lenses and flashes etc will work with your next nikon. Which is likely to be better than the next Sony. (I'm a big fan of underdog companies coming through with a big boy beating product, Sony are a big company playing out of their field though)

Yay cat is back.. Proving you don't need the best gear to make great shots. For gig photography you need fast lenses, 1.8 if possible and long zoom, out of the gear I have I'd take 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8 and 70-200 2.8 vr. Toss up between the first two and the latter on the second body.

Thanks! I googled for a 1.8 and couldn't find one... not very clued up on Olympus lenses. Am toying with the idea of buying a new camera but think the other half would go ballistic... worried about spending a lot of money on Olympus lenses when I'm pretty sure at some point I'll want to go back to Canon....

Thanks! I googled for a 1.8 and couldn't find one... not very clued up on Olympus lenses. Am toying with the idea of buying a new camera but think the other half would go ballistic... worried about spending a lot of money on Olympus lenses when I'm pretty sure at some point I'll want to go back to Canon....

I've had a quick look and can't see anything that is an exact fit in terms of focal length and speed. I looked here:

WHX

Their fast lenses are eye-wateringly expensive but that usually is the case.

I've had a quick look and can't see anything that is an exact fit in terms of focal length and speed. I looked here:

WHX

Their fast lenses are eye-wateringly expensive but that usually is the case.

thanks for that - but OUCH!

This place is always worth a look when shopping around. One suggestion when using it, look at some of the retailers shown in other lens listings if they don't appear under the one you are actually after. It is a good site but isn't 100% up to date or complete.

Busted prices

RGBTech is one of the links in there and I have heard good things about them. Their prices are invariably keen and anecdotally their customer service is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Â