Photography?

trimandson

Love the first two James. In fact there have been some great photos on here in the last few pages.

Haven't been on here in a while, so was tempted to post a page full of comment, constructive criticism and pics, but i'll limit myself to avoid flooding the thread.

Recently branched out into wedding photography, so would like to post a couple of reportage style shots from a recent wedding. Interested to know what you guys (and gals) think. Especially those of you that shoot weddings (Damien).

colettesteveweb006.jpg

colettesteveweb013.jpg

Here's a few I took in NYC in January:

scfash.jpg

xbi9na.jpg

k1f149.jpg

21brfut.jpg

oh and here is my website

:clap:

Roonst, i havnt the foggiest about photography, but i do appreciate it if that makes any sense? And i found myself just staring at those pictures for some time, very very impressive mate. Im looking to get some of ''those sort'' of photos for the house to hang as pictures, any ideas where is best to shop at?

ok a camera question from a novice (well not complete novice but ex OM10 user and digital moron).

I've currently got a couple of Canon Ixus digitals of varying vintage. Easy to use, pocket sized etc., but really annoying that they are both slow to grab focus and take a shot. Trying, for instance to persuade them to take a picture of the kids on a leisure park ride is almost impossible. The thinking time means you miss the shot. I've fancied a new digital Olympus Pen for no real reason than it looked and felt like my old OM 10. I've read some reviews and apparently it's also 'slow' on action or low light shots.

So, my question: on a budget from 0 to £300 what digi / digi slr camera can I get that takes a good happy amateur photo and is capable of photgraphing a moving thing without taking 90 minutes to run through face recognition software or some such. But is also capable of 'photography' above and beyong happy snapping when I happen to find a stunning piece of architecture that needs capturing.

I'm not simply too lazy to google, I'd just prefer recommendation from this thread to pages of What camera stats.

cheers

crisp buy the bottom end canon or nikon, me I use Nikon, others use Canon in truth theres little difference. Canon maybe slightly ahead of the game at the minute though Nikon will no doubt pull ahead again soon, then Canon, then Nikon etc

Really out of the two its down to personal preference. Go to a camera shop (a proper camera shop, even Jessops counts as one of them) and try both of them out and see which you are comfortable with (it really is a personal thing), technically theres little difference between either make and for what you want, either of their bottom end DSLR kits will do you fine. Buy the one that you feel comfortable with

Has anybody got any tips on low light photos? I'm really only using auto at the moment but most of my night phots are very snapshot like? I have a Ball to go to on Saturday and would really like to get some decent photos there?

Also does anyone know a cheap place to get Photoshop Elements 8 from please?

Has anybody got any tips on low light photos? I'm really only using auto at the moment but most of my night phots are very snapshot like? I have a Ball to go to on Saturday and would really like to get some decent photos there?

Also does anyone know a cheap place to get Photoshop Elements 8 from please?

It depends what camera you use really. You need to diffuse (or limit) the flash in most cases, which can be done in many ways... bouncing, using a stofen, turning it down manually etc.

If you use a compact that has no flash control, a good way of taking that 'rabbit in the headlights' look out of flash based portraiture is to use a cigarette paper over the in-built flash. You need to experiment with the thickness/no. of times you fold it, but it can work quite well.

As for Elements... i could never condone using a site such as piratebay ;)

(Students get pretty good discounts on Adobe stuff if your morals don't permit other options)

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a good camera for someone starting out? I already have a smaller digital camera, however I am looking to get better pictures and therefore am thinking of investing in one of these. However I want to keep the price under £300 if at all possible, hence the reason for me looking at that Panasonic camera.

I have taken the plunge and gone for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38:

PanaFZ38_slant_450.jpg

It's not the best of cameras but all I wanted was an entry level one to get some good pictures (and video). This seems to match my criteria and I'm hoping it will take good photographs. Reviews seem to say good things about it.

I'm sure it's not as good as the cameras most of you on here have, but I thought I would start somewhere. :D

By the way, could any of you offer me any tips on ways to get good pictures? Perhaps little tips to get me started and such.

Â