Photography?

trimandson

I think fuji make decent little cameras. The sensors on their cameras were very good for portraits especially. The colours were great. And the dynamic range capabilities are proven to be very useful. Bickster looks like a certain dr who. Who's gonna be righter?

these sensors you two speak of?? like face detection sensors ??? How do you feel about Fuji for landscape and wildlife pics with a fuji b23??

And also what do you know/think/heard about the Fuji S2000 HD?? It looks like a a great buy and value for money. Mind you I didn't want to spend $400-$700 on a camera to take to Africa only for it to *possibly* get stolen a week into the trip.

I think fuji make decent little cameras. The sensors on their cameras were very good for portraits especially. The colours were great. And the dynamic range capabilities are proven to be very useful. Bickster looks like a certain dr who. Who's gonna be righter?

these sensors you two speak of?? like face detection sensors ??? How do you feel about Fuji for landscape and wildlife pics with a fuji b23??

Apart from some of the Brides he shoots, he rarely shoots wildlife and landscapes are the fat brides ass :mrgreen:

I've got a Fuji compact, it's been nothing but trouble - the zoom jams on a regular basis, the power switch works intermittently and it eats batteries like a battery eating thing. Wouldn't buy another.

I didn't use my fuji cameras much for landscape and wildlife but if you can shoot raw, if it has a wide lens.. then you're not gonna struggle to hard to get something decent.

Sensor wise, I didn't have face detection and to be honest I don't really care about stuff like that, not yet anyway. As long as I can shoot manually, and in raw and adjust the colour temperature, then I'm happy. I'm not even bothered about video, some pro's are very happy having HD video on their SLR but not me, old school!

The reviews for that model are very positive, so go for it. Ignore Bicks. He's a snob. I'm a working photographer ;) I love him though, he's gonna give me a nikon camera one day.

I didn't use my fuji cameras much for landscape and wildlife but if you can shoot raw, if it has a wide lens.. then you're not gonna struggle to hard to get something decent.

Sensor wise, I didn't have face detection and to be honest I don't really care about stuff like that, not yet anyway. As long as I can shoot manually, and in raw and adjust the colour temperature, then I'm happy. I'm not even bothered about video, some pro's are very happy having HD video on their SLR but not me, old school!

The reviews for that model are very positive, so go for it. Ignore Bicks. He's a snob. I'm a working photographer ;) I love him though, he's gonna give me a nikon camera one day.

Excellent b23, thank you. Just the support I wanted to hear! I've already gone for it so a bit hard going back now! ;) Can't wait to take some pics and show em here. :D

everywhere Al, the one me and Tony have is the top of the range one, move down the range, sacrifice some zoom and some wide angle and you'll have this one, which is the one we bought Rebecca (except hers is pink)

EDIT: just checked and you should be able to purchase that for around a £100

FS15

or

FS7

Both about £100 and only difference seems the extra zoom and the megapixels.

Is the FS15 better?

He's my biggest fan. I expect free rides around scouseland in his little car.

You know I think your really talented mate, just pulling your leg :mrgreen:

Missed this mate, yea I know :) Thanks man. I'm messing too.. it's all love x

everywhere Al, the one me and Tony have is the top of the range one, move down the range, sacrifice some zoom and some wide angle and you'll have this one, which is the one we bought Rebecca (except hers is pink)

EDIT: just checked and you should be able to purchase that for around a £100

FS15

or

FS7

Both about £100 and only difference seems the extra zoom and the megapixels.

Is the FS15 better?

I can't see that much in it either but if the price is similar i'd go FS15 too

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0901/09011603panasonicfs15.asp

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3855

It's not quite as "fast" as it doesn't go to 2.8 but it's not a huge problem... It has a wider view and further reach too. Megapixels is megapixels... I wouldn't worry about that, it has more but.. big deal :)

A faster shutter speed is important for fast moving objects, so is it the higher the number the faster or the other way around?

Depends if you want to emphasise the speed in the photo or not. the higher the number on the shutter speed the faster the shutter i.e. 1/500th sec is slower than 1/1000th sec.

Though for fast moving objects try the panning technique, it does require practice. This article Kinda explains what I'm on about, but there are literally thousands of articles on the net about it

Â