Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He had a good game today.

As far as I could see he had two bad kicks. One which was a bit of a hospital pass to his wrong foot that he booted into touch. And one near the end which he probably rushed and went straight down the middle.

Not that the rest of his kicking was amazing, just didn't do anything wrong.

Anyway, two or three really good saves today.

I'm not having a go at him, just the team/tactics, he really is a poor kicker, and I counted a bit more than two, he shouldn't be receiving the ball as much as he does. 

I literally counted though. Seriously, I watched the whole game and literally counted. Two that I'd consider poor kicks. Let's define them by either didn't go to our player or didn't clear the halfway line.

I was in the Holte End lower today, always like to do one game a season there so I got a great view of his save from Fletcher which I thought was brilliant, did it look as good on the replays as it did live? Maybe not as good as Given v Leicester last season but the shot was going right into the corner.

No chance with the goal being deflected, he had a good game today.

I was in the Holte End lower today, always like to do one game a season there so I got a great view of his save from Fletcher which I thought was brilliant, did it look as good on the replays as it did live? Maybe not as good as Given v Leicester last season but the shot was going right into the corner.

No chance with the goal being deflected, he had a good game today.

Watching is on the tv, it looked like Fletcher's shot had great placement, but not great power. Still thought it was a fantastic save. When I saw the replay, I realized that was going to go in the top corner and Guzan really had to stretch to get to it. 

Overall, he had a good match today. Problem was offense. Goal was really unfortunate. 

His kicking is abysmal

Considering how animated Tony Parks our goalkeeping coach is on the touchline trying to do Wilkins job maybe he should focus a little more on teaching Brad how to kick a ball

Could you point out what was abysmal about his kicking today?

Or is this just the go to line when he doesn't make any other errors so that we've got something to be critical about?

• Like 2

Good shot stopper, but  he's just so indecisive. He fannys about going to kick it then stopping, the same with his throws , goes to throw it then stop's or dithers.

He should make a decision then do it, its confusing to everyone , our players can't look away from him  until he's made his mind up , if they do they risk the ball hitting them on the back of their heads. 

Without doubt, man of the match today. He was exceptional with his saves, average with his distribution and poor with some of his kicks but was still better than everyone else on the pitch purely by the fact I thought he did SOMETHING well!

His kicking is abysmal

Considering how animated Tony Parks our goalkeeping coach is on the touchline trying to do Wilkins job maybe he should focus a little more on teaching Brad how to kick a ball

Or is this just the go to line when he doesn't make any other errors so that we've got something to be critical about?

When he's put under pressure by he tends to kick the ball out of play it happened on numerous occasions today and he always looks to play a short pass to the fullbacks or throw the ball out he almost seems scared to hit it long and go direct

I didn't think he was bad today i think he's a great shot stopper but he really needs to improve this part of his game

Edited by AshVilla

He kicked one ball out of bounds today and that was because Richards decided to pass it back to him at the last second and onto his right foot. Myhill's kicks also went to Villa players a few times and he kicked a ball straight out of bounds, but I don't see anyone saying his kicking was abysmal. 

His kicking is abysmalConsidering how animated Tony Parks our goalkeeping coach is on the touchline trying to do Wilkins job maybe he should focus a little more on teaching Brad how to kick a ball

When he's put under pressure by he tends to kick the ball out of play it happened on numerous occasions today and he always looks to play a short pass to the fullbacks or throw the ball out he almost seems scared to hit it long and go direct

I didn't think he was bad today i think he's a great shot stopper but he really needs to improve this part of his game

It happened once today. Not numerous times at all. Literally once, I was counting. And it was a bit of a hospital pass to his wrong foot so it was probably the safest thing to do.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People have decided they are going to be critical of Guzan so when he does nothing wrong people actually make stuff up to have a go at him about.

Crazy that people try so hard to slate our own player.

Steer wasn't even in the First Team Squad photograph this season, so I doubt he'll see any minutes this year unless we get some injuries.

Did we just have two or three keepers on the photo? Steer must be number three keeper.

Steer is on loan at Huddersfield hence why he wasn't in the team photo.

Â