Stephen Warnock

KSV

Warnock is doomed here. Even if he turned it round and had the greatest finish to a season anyone's ever had, the fans will still hate him.
No they won't. :?

Ok, i've exaggerated.

But the point is, if he played every game like he played today, he'd be a good fullback.

But today has proved even if he has a good game, people just say he was shit.

But he had a very poor game (as usual) today.

Which is my point, and is why we won't agree.

Because I don't think he did. At all. First half he was very good. Second half, average.

But I think people are so blinded by their dislike for him, that they refuse to see any positives.

Whether he played well or not, and in my humble opinion, he was crap, he simply isn't good enough. Paid well over the odds for a very ordinary defender. Not good enough and I cannot wait until he leaves the club. Worst left back Villa have had since Bernie Gallagher (sorry Bernie!!).

On the contrary, I think people are so blinded by their fondness for him that they refuse to recognise when he's played poorly. I'm being serious here. He's been consistently terrible for a couple of months now but rarely ever gets criticsed for it.

Whether he played well or not, and in my humble opinion, he was crap, he simply isn't good enough. Paid well over the odds for a very ordinary defender. Not good enough and I cannot wait until he leaves the club. Worst left back Villa have had since Bernie Gallagher (sorry Bernie!!).

This all day, night and year long!!!"

For every heroic block there are three flying lunges where he completely misses the ball (and occasionally looks like breaking a man's leg) and a couple of wayward passes that go directly to an opponent for no discernible reason whatsover.

This isn't just every now and then either, it is literally every game and it's just not good enough for a Premier League team.

I hope to God today was the final nail in the coffin and McLeish finds a way of replacing him (I honestly don't think Lichaj would make any more mistakes than Warnock).

On the contrary, I think people are so blinded by their fondness for him that they refuse to recognise when he's played poorly. I'm being serious here. He's been consistently terrible for a couple of months now but rarely ever gets criticsed for it.

What are you talking about?

Who's fond of him?

He's been getting slated (rightly so on the most part) on here for months!

Who's fond of him?

He's getting slated but he's also getting praised a lot for mythical good performances.

Who's fond of him?

He's getting slated but he's also getting praised a lot for mythical good performances.

I think, more than anything, you're proving my point.

Anyway, this debate is pointless. So I'm out.

Warnock is doomed here. Even if he turned it round and had the greatest finish to a season anyone's ever had, the fans will still hate him.
No they won't. :?

Ok, i've exaggerated.

But the point is, if he played every game like he played today, he'd be a good fullback.

But today has proved even if he has a good game, people just say he was shit.

But he had a very poor game (as usual) today.

No he didn't have a poor game today, you just cannot give him any credit at all. He made no more mistakes than any other player on the pitch. To deny he has played ok in games this season suggests you are either unable to offer a balanced view or you just have an agenda against Warnock.

Who's fond of him?

If anything you're proving my point about people praising him for mythical good performances. He was shit today.

Houllier was right about Warnock

Gérard Houllier may have been wrong about many things in his short-lived spell at Villa but he appears he was right about one: Stephen Warnock is a liability. After heading into his own goal under absolutely no pressure during Aston Villa's 2-2 draw with QPR, against Newcastle the left-back needed to start trying to salvage a reputation that has descended into farce in the past 18 months. It is hard to imagine that some people once considered Warnock to be the best English left-back after Ashley Cole (Leighton Baines probably was not among these, mind).

Misplaced passes, a tendency to dawdle in possession and overly aggressive tackles to atone for his mistakes (viz the lunge that ended Ryan Taylor's game prior to Demba Ba's opener) have become the defender's stock in trade these days. He may have played no part in England's diabolical World Cup 2010 campaign but he, more than any other player in the 23-man squad, appears to have brought its stench home with him. He made Gabriel Obertan look like a world-beater at times on Sunday – a staggering feat. And he looked panicked in possession. At 30 years of age, and with hundreds of Premier League games behind him, he should at least look assured on the ball. He does not. Alex McLeish needs to make a populist decision or two to win over disgruntled Villa fans. Dropping Warnock would be a start.

Houllier was right about Warnock

Gérard Houllier may have been wrong about many things in his short-lived spell at Villa but he appears he was right about one: Stephen Warnock is a liability. After heading into his own goal under absolutely no pressure during Aston Villa's 2-2 draw with QPR, against Newcastle the left-back needed to start trying to salvage a reputation that has descended into farce in the past 18 months. It is hard to imagine that some people once considered Warnock to be the best English left-back after Ashley Cole (Leighton Baines probably was not among these, mind).

Misplaced passes, a tendency to dawdle in possession and overly aggressive tackles to atone for his mistakes (viz the lunge that ended Ryan Taylor's game prior to Demba Ba's opener) have become the defender's stock in trade these days. He may have played no part in England's diabolical World Cup 2010 campaign but he, more than any other player in the 23-man squad, appears to have brought its stench home with him. He made Gabriel Obertan look like a world-beater at times on Sunday – a staggering feat. And he looked panicked in possession. At 30 years of age, and with hundreds of Premier League games behind him, he should at least look assured on the ball. He does not. Alex McLeish needs to make a populist decision or two to win over disgruntled Villa fans. Dropping Warnock would be a start.

Spot on I think.

Who's fond of him?

If anything you're proving my point about people praising him for mythical good performances. He was shit today.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you? please re-acquaint yourself with the site guidelines. Thank you. the mods

Who's fond of him?

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

How so?

Â