Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

Given is a good bit of business.

Do we still have Guzan? He'd be a great backup for Given.

Yes Guzan is still with us. McLeish stated that Guzan's future is not done here so who knows what will happen with him. I'd like to have Guzan because with Given's injury troubles, we need a decent backup.

Great to hear!

I think Guzan should have a future here, he just needs more time. Never got a chance to play any meaningful games with Brad here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it seems the delay is at Citeh's end. It seems to me that this is going to happen with every player they sell from now on. They're paying such stupidly inflated wages, and this causes issues with the buying clubs not being able to get anywhere near matching them.

According the Guardian that's not the issue...with Given though.

If players don't put in transfer requests, then the selling club have to pay up loyalty bonuses and compensation etc.

Garry Cook doesn't like Aston Villa signing any of their players it would seem as we've had this dragging on with Dunne & Ireland previously. In fact if you remember in Dunne's case it went right to the wire on deadline day under MON.

I never thought I would say this, but times are desperate. I know believe the best sort of deals we can do are to pick out the left overs from all the money bag clubs. This means the same sort of signings as the Given deal.

Adam Johnson (8m)

Joleon Lescott (6m)

Nedum Onuoha (5m)

Jonny Evans (7m)

Tomáš Rosický (12m)

Before I get my head bitten off, yes i know the wages may be a little higher, but if we put in a few offers, test the men who say they want to 'jus tplay football', instead of sit on the bench, we may get a bit of luck.

I never thought I would say this, but times are desperate. I know believe the best sort of deals we can do are to pick out the left overs from all the money bag clubs. This means the same sort of signings as the Given deal.

Adam Johnson (8m)

Joleon Lescott (6m)

Nedum Onuoha (5m)

Jonny Evans (7m)

Tomáš Rosický (12m)

Before I get my head bitten off, yes i know the wages may be a little higher, but if we put in a few offers, test the men who say they want to 'jus tplay football', instead of sit on the bench, we may get a bit of luck.

Czechlad would love to see Super Tom here :D

Underrated at Arsenal because he has some pretty damn good players ahead of him. He scored in their last friendly and got an assist. He'd do soooo well here.

Garry Cook doesn't like Aston Villa signing any of their players it would seem as we've had this dragging on with Dunne & Ireland previously

He doesn't like us JulieB! They wanted those two out and we obliged and now they want to move another player on and we are doing the same. We also sold them Barry and Millner so I would guess he has no problem with us. I think what Cook does not like is paying money out to players to get them to leave their club.