Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the new Uefa rules, wages and fees are very important to whether we can compete or not.

Randy is not allowed to contribute his own money anymore (well, not above £17m/year).

I thought this was the last window in which he could?

Could we name an all Irish team of Villans OAT?

(McParland counting as Irish! :P)

in my time and not that great a team

Given

Clark

Dunne McGrath Staunton

Houghton Kinsella Fahey Farrelly Townsend

Dublin ;)

__________________Con Martin

Pat Saward__Chris Nicholl__Paul Mcgrath__Steve Staunton

_Ray Houghton__Danny Blanchflower___Andy Townsend

__Fred Haycock___Peter McParland___Dave Walsh

with the new Uefa rules, wages and fees are very important to whether we can compete or not.

Randy is not allowed to contribute his own money anymore (well, not above £17m/year).

It doesn't work like that. It's amortisation. So money spent in the past still counts. For example, Darren Bent was (say for ease) £20m. He's on a five-year contract. That £20m counts as £4m on the books in each of the next five years. That's before we get to wages.

You can't just spend a billion now and then live within your means from next year.

yeah but no doubt he can sponsor a seat for £100m or something daft, or is that just city?

yeah but no doubt he can sponsor a seat for £100m or something daft, or is that just city?

Exactly, there are ways around that.

It doesn't work like that. It's amortisation. So money spent in the past still counts. For example, Darren Bent was (say for ease) £20m. He's on a five-year contract. That £20m counts as £4m on the books in each of the next five years. That's before we get to wages.

You can't just spend a billion now and then live within your means from next year.

So just what is Liverpool doing?

I know the got money from Torres, but that just covered the buys in Jan.

looking forward to getting given in to get the gk position sorted but how long does it take, we have known for what a week or 2, everyone was saying it will be done by monday or tuesday and now its to be done before the weekend. i really cant see it being done even by then. its not even an exciting transfer.

No room for cascarino??

Given? Meh what was it the General said about action not words?

A short term stop gap signing about says it all.

He was a decent enough player 12 months ago, no idea what he is like now probably decent but as far as signings going it leaves me totally unenthused.

He was a decent enough player 12 months ago, no idea what he is like now probably decent but as far as signings going it leaves me totally unenthused.

Yarp. He nailed his "I'm not arsed" flip flops to the mast when he stayed at City behind Hart.

He may turn out OK, but we're putting it down to complete chance, he's not played more than 10 competitive matches in the last year. What would people say if he was an outfield player?

he is a goalkeeper. Cant think of any realistic goalkeeper we could have signed that id be enthusiastic about

No room for cascarino??

Didn't Cascarino admit he was a fraud.

He never had an Irish Granny and was actually illegible to play for the Republic.

I thought it was in his autobiography

No room for cascarino??

He wasnt actually a footballer

fixed for you ;)

Yarp. He nailed his "I'm not arsed" flip flops to the mast when he stayed at City behind Hart.

He may turn out OK, but we're putting it down to complete chance, he's not played more than 10 competitive matches in the last year. What would people say if he was an outfield player?

Did he have any offers to go to another club? As far as im aware he didn't so didn't really stay at citeh out of choice.

No room for cascarino??

He wasnt actually a footballer

fixed for you ;)

Cheers Zat