Gym Routine

olboydave

Broaching the subject of nutrition, if I may...

At the moment I tend to consume the following on workout days, on non gym days I will usually stick to 1 or 2 rounds of smoothies.

Morning Smoothie

1 large scoop of whey protein

2 large scoops of instant oats

Banana / Blueberries

Milk

Pre Workout Smoothie

1 mini scoop of Creatine

Yoghurt

Banana / Blueberries

Honey

Post Workout Shake

1 Scoop of Whey Protein

1 mini scoop of Creatine

Water

Evening time

Regular meal

Does anyone else do anything that resembles or wildly differs from this? I find that packing everything together into a smoothie makes for a good way to meet your nutritional needs for the day. Though I'm fully aware that I do eat too much in the evening, I don't really intend on changing this because I enjoy cooking something decent which I can share with my missus.

My girlfriend goes spinning class (all on bikes) and I went with her just to see what it's like. Absolute killer.

Only went for the crack. Quite interested in starting this stronglift programme and have signed up for the free stuff.

At the moment I tend to consume the following on workout days, on non gym days I will usually stick to 1 or 2 rounds of smoothies.

Morning Smoothie

Banana / Blueberries

Milk

Pre Workout Smoothie

1 mini scoop of Creatine

Yoghurt

Banana / Blueberries

Honey

Post Workout Shake

1 Scoop of Whey Protein

1 mini scoop of Creatine

Water

Evening time

Regular meal

Does anyone else do anything that resembles or wildly differs from this? I find that packing everything together into a smoothie makes for a good way to meet your nutritional needs for the day. Though I'm fully aware that I do eat too much in the evening, I don't really intend on changing this because I enjoy cooking something decent which I can share with my missus.

My meals at the moment consist of:

Breakfast (6:30)

100g porridge

scoop of whey protein (30g)

Cup of milk

Mug of tea

Midmorning (9:30)

Coffee

Apple

2 slices of ham (proper ham)

Lunch (12:30)

150g Chicken

60g brown pasta

100g broccoli

peri peri sauce

Mid afternoon (3:30)

Yoghurt

Handful of raisins

Dinner (6:30)

2 chicken breasts

1 sweet potato

60g broccoli

60g sweetcorn

Post workout (9:30)

Protein shake (2 scoops whey plus 5g creatine)

100g cottage cheese

1 orange

Multivitamin

On non workout days I usually have an omelette for dinner instead (no carbs) and take the pasta out of my lunch (again, less carbs)

As I said before, adds up to abot 2,800 calories. Around 220g protein, 200g carbs 40g fat

ish, I can't remember the exact measurements.

Does anyone else do anything that resembles or wildly differs from this?

I'm in the 'wildly differs' camp :lol: In fact I'm in the 'differs as wildly as you possibly could' camp.

Groin strain or pull. Thanks squats :) No warning either.

Overhead 35kg

Deadlift 70kg

Didn't finish squats so did heavier bench press instead.

My girlfriend goes spinning class (all on bikes) and I went with her...Only went for the crack.

There is a spinning class going on in my gym one of the days I lift. They are across the other side of the gym and face the other way.

I too only take an interest because of the crack.

Local gym advice needed chaps. I'm back in Brum for the week and want to use a local gym to lift some heavy ass shit. The council gyms all suck so ideally I'm looking for a gym in the South Birmingham area that does pay per visit passes. Also, I need one that has a good free weights section with free barbells (a must).

Any recommendations? I've tried google but all I seem to find are the council gyms and the big chain gyms (fitness first, LA fitness etc.) with their ludicrous membership packages.

Does 'The Gym' in Birmingham city centre meet the criteria?

Tudor Grange in solihull, the gym I use, might do pay per visit. I can't say i'm sure but worth asking.

As i've said before, it's far from perfect as it's so busy, but it has decent free weights section so better than nothing if you can't find any better.

Does it matter what time of day you workout and what you have eaten beforehand?

Should you not do it on an empty stomach first thing for instance?

It does matter, but not a huge amount, especially for beginners.

If you make sure you're eating the right things, and working out, regularly, then it's fine to not overthink when you eat too much.

Ugh, had a terrible workout today. First I did pullups, which actually was fine (record for me both regarding reps and the weight taken off). Then it only went downhill. Used dumbbells to do chest and shoulders and my left arm (which is weaker than the right) started aching really bad, so I could not do all the planned training.

Then I was gonna do squats. Warm up was fine, and was planning the highest weight I have ever done as 85 kg was ok last time three sets of 8 reps (I screamed a bit to get the last reps in each set done, but....). Was planning three sets of 6 reps at 90 kg. But got into trouble at the fifth rep in the first set and had very bad form to manage it. Took off 10 kg, but felt the form was still bad and I also started to get a bit itchy on my neck due to the barbell. Managed 6 reps in that set, but the third set was shit and I stopped at 3 reps after terrible form.

Got angry and went home :(

Tudor Grange in solihull, the gym I use, might do pay per visit. I can't say i'm sure but worth asking.

As i've said before, it's far from perfect as it's so busy, but it has decent free weights section so better than nothing if you can't find any better.

They do, we used it when I was down in Solihull on a training course.

Its changed a lot since I lived in Solihull

Â