Gym Routine

olboydave

Might have said this before, but when I'm in Ireland I do hill sprints as exercise. I always aim to do 20 minutes, and I don't think I've ever managed more than 10.

On more than one occasion I've given up part way through the 3rd sprint.

They're a real killer.

• Like 1

I remember a time in my early twenties, this one instructor used to make us jog down a hill backwards, with the idea being each time we did it we had to speed up. Quite an experience but it had positive effects over time.

Just ran out of protein. Where do you guys get yours from? Also, what is your opinion on mass proteins which contain around 1000 calories per 2 scoops or whatever. I eat well but I don't eat enough. Are those shakes a good substitute? I've originally been on Lean Mass which I bought from My Protein AGES ago (hardly used as I was back and forth at the gym) just seeing if there was anywhere better/cheaper? 

Just ran out of protein. Where do you guys get yours from? Also, what is your opinion on mass proteins which contain around 1000 calories per 2 scoops or whatever. I eat well but I don't eat enough. Are those shakes a good substitute? I've originally been on Lean Mass which I bought from My Protein AGES ago (hardly used as I was back and forth at the gym) just seeing if there was anywhere better/cheaper?

Decent place in minworth

http://www.tropicanafitness.com/m

myprotein.com

Easily the cheapest place I've found.

I can't advise on the mass gainer. I put on fat like its going out of fashion when I'm bulking so I steer away from them!

I keep meaning to start working out again, from the age of 19 up until 23 I worked out a lot. I'm still in shape now if you look at me but would just like to tone up a bit more, plus I'm 31 now and want to keep on top of things. Everyone seems to be doing steroids now. I find it hard to get into working out but once I'm into it I love it.

I keep meaning to start working out again, from the age of 19 up until 23 I worked out a lot. I'm still in shape now if you look at me but would just like to tone up a bit more, plus I'm 31 now and want to keep on top of things. Everyone seems to be doing steroids now. I find it hard to get into working out but once I'm into it I love it.

ITs true ...everyone seems to be juicing now-a-days

I done them for 3 months when I was about 21, then I used my brain and stopped using them. Terrible damage they inflict on your body. Every young lad who works out seems to be on them nowadays.

I know of a fairly popular mainstream gym in Brum that has a needle disposal bin in the toilets. Not even discretely.

I done them for 3 months when I was about 21, then I used my brain and stopped using them. Terrible damage they inflict on your body. Every young lad who works out seems to be on them nowadays.

I know of a fairly popular mainstream gym in Brum that has a needle disposal bin in the toilets. Not even discretely.

I think there is a push to have those bins in all gyms

I go to the Fitness First in Baker St which is probably their best gym in the UK.  They have needle bins in the toilets too. So many juice heads at my gym.   Not sure why you would do that to yourself.

P.s. My Protein is great

myprotein.com

I can't advise on the mass gainer. I put on fat like its going out of fashion when I'm bulking so I steer away from them!

Ordered some last night around 8pm... got delivered today but I missed it!

I went swimming on Monday and I ran for 36 minutes yesterday. 

I'm having tonight off (annoyingly, got to visit parents!) so I'm playing Football on Thursday and at Edgbaston on Friday, so I'll try and go to the gym on Saturday (Jobs and attitude permitting)

But it's been a decent start.

I'm exactly 1/3 pure fatty.

Want to try and get that down to 25% in 8 weeks.

myprotein.com

Ordered some last night around 8pm... got delivered today but I missed it!

They're so fast now

When I first started using them they had a monumental **** up with deliveries. I luckily wasn't affected but loads of people were (I still got sent some free protein muffins as compensation though :D ).

Since then they seem to have gone completely mental in making their deliveries ridiculously quick.

Don't ever use their next day delivery because, chances are, your delivery will come on the next day anyway

Edited by Stevo985

As long as you've sorted your diet out, then any cardio will help as a tool for weight loss.

If that routine works up a sweat and burns some calories then it's fine (sounds like it would to me). Might be worth putting some straight sprints in there (the "40-20s" I mentioned earlier in the thread you could do on a football pitch. 20 seconds to sprint the length of the pitch, 40 seconds to jog back. Repeat until you're dying)

But it'll be (pretty much) futile if you haven't sorted your diet out. Diet is the key to losing weight. You can run your arse off but if you're not hitting a calorie deficit you own't lose weight.

I would also add that if your diet doesn't contain a good amount of protein and you are not planning on using weights then some of that overall weight loss will be muscle wastage and not fat loss

I've been on a fitness kick since Jan, I actually weigh a bit more than I did when I started, but I am starting to look totally different (in a good way)

High protein diet, lots of weight/body resistance training and minimal 'cardio' - it really does work.

I've seen an ab or two in the mirror recently I reckon by the end of June I might have a 3 pack!

Edited by wazzap24

• 2 weeks later...

So not sure if one of you guys can advise about this, but whenever I do an overhead press with the barbell, I get a pinching feeling on the inside of my elbows when I return to the starting position. It feels a little like an electric shock and while not overly painful is very irritating. Anyone know about this?

Week 3 - been to the gym 3 times last week (once swimming) and I went yesterday and I played football on Thursday.

I don't look any different, but I feel much fitter already. 

Also, I've lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks.. only another 20 to go in 8 weeks ideally.

I'll go tonight, watch the Simpsons on a treadmill and then use the rowing machine to try and get to 2000m in under 9 minutes. Getting closer, but it's hard as soon as I've come off the treadmill.

I refuse to do weights because I'm stocky already, i'd look like a small wardrobe if I bulked up at all.

Just need fat loss.

Not going to take any protein, I'm on a sort of diet (just eating better), I don't drink much (although because of events/occassions I have more recently) and I sit in an office all day.

gimme sum tips brah's.

Â