What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Not a duff track on here - all original period Ska classics including most of the ones the Two Tone bands covered. Also has OK Fred by John Holt which I'd always assumed was an original by Errol Dunkley (The fart in the bath song) because I think he claimed the writing credit but clearly Holt was well before it (and much better)

R-2932832-1307958908.png.jpg

• Like 1

Moving up a pace very slightly. Not the pop of Different Class but something a little more sophisticated from Jarvis and Co in their final studio album

Pulp - We Love life

Very undervalued this album, a good way to bow out

R-430718-1423073607-8826.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

And onto Sparklehorse - It's a Wonderful Life

Tragic Mark Linkous's Lo-Fi outfit. This album is sad and beautiful at the same time. For me this is a masterpiece, there's no doubt

R-265088-1112669754.jpg.jpg

Yes, it’s a beaut. I absolutely love that album and feel the need to put it on immediately 

• Like 3

Pig in Shit Time!

One of the greatest Non-reggae Dub albums of all time

I knew it was here somewhere... The Vanishing Point album re-imagined by the godlike genius, Adrian Maxwell Sherwood

Ltd Edition Card Gatefold Sleeve CD edition (Sounds good, its worth £2)

Oh how I have missed this! (its very thin compared to most CDs)

Primal Scream - Echo Dek

R-1677688-1386849441-3707.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Suns up so first reggae album in the pile

Roots of David - Various Artists

I'm 100% this was an album I bought off Geoff Davies (Formerowner of Probe Records, owner of the Probe Plus Label HMHB et al) when he called round our office with his erm other wares. He never failed to flog me a few cheap Cds with his combustibles, I'm pretty sure it was on a label he either ran or helped out with and got paid in CDs

ANyway, its a bit of a corker tbh, Geoff always did know his reggae (He was also partly responsible for the Jukebox in Erics)

R-4446061-1439417650-2219.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Former Green on Red man CHuck Prophet - Ballinese Dancer

A freebie from record plugger called John, irish alcholoic who used to work for whichever label Level 42 used to be on. his office was just up the corridor from ours in parr St Studios. this record always reminds me of him. Country Rock I'd guess you'd call it

R-2633489-1476902165-4322.jpeg.jpg

I've listened to quite a few more CDs today but haven't been posting them (thought I'd save you all) but I've just put this on. I'd forgotten all about it tbh but I really like it. It has a Radiohead vibe to it but isn't that like Radiohead, good clunking bass and lots of layered noise and guitars. A bit more "Industrial" to Radiohead's "Organic"

Mine's the Ltd Edition double CD with the instrumentals on the second CD, that disc seems a bit pointless tbh

Unkle - War Stories

R-1013668-1353321001-7856.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Wonder how long this will last, I distinctly remember walking into a record store (Poss HMV) and going in my head... "Oh Cool and new Sufjan Stevens Album", picked it up with a few others and went home. I also distinctly remember is not making it to the end s I hadn't realised it was a soundtrack and it's not been played since. But now my tastes has widened further this actually might make it all the way through. It's orchestral and so far the signs are good

Sufjan Stevens - The BQE (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

R-1987698-1301026631.jpeg.jpg

Â