What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Absolutely made up to have found this, I'd forgotten I had a physical copy. There's a back stroy to this album. Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse collaborate with a host of others to make this brilliant album. Then there's delays at the record company and arguments and all that nonsense, the album looks like it's never going to get a release. Danger Mouse just goes F*** IT! and releases the tracks on to the internet and the internet goes crazy over it

It's a f***ing awesom album and I thought I'dlost my MP3 copy of it. But I had it on CD and forgot about it. In fact I've never opened it until today

@chrisp65(there's a Gryff Rhys track and a Flaming Lips Track - See below)

Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse present... Dark Night of the Soul.

R-2358582-1488946022-7082.jpeg.jpgR-2358582-1488946023-5759.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

On 02/04/2020 at 15:51, blandy said:

I am Moron. The Lovely Eggs. Oh yes!

IMG_1595.jpeg

So, two things here.

Firstly, it’s looking like The Eggs could be No 2 in the physical album charts this week. Which is interesting in that I think I recall they’ve mentioned several times they’ve parcelled up and posted out 1,000 copies all from their local post office.

So that suggests, by some very crude logic, 1,000 sales gets you a No 2 spot in ‘the charts’.

Secondly, you’d never catch me buying anything quite so mainstream and populist. Ran out of Little Mix did they?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Firstly, it’s looking like The Eggs could be No 2 in the physical album charts this week. Which is interesting in that I think I recall they’ve mentioned several times they’ve parcelled up and posted out 1,000 copies all from their local post office.

So that suggests, by some very crude logic, 1,000 sales gets you a No 2 spot in ‘the charts’.

Secondly, you’d never catch me buying anything quite so mainstream and populist. Ran out of Little Mix did they?

I saw they tweeted that. I wonder whether those 1000 odd even counted - I mean there were also Amazon and record store pre-orders, CDs, downloads and whatnot. I reckon the 1000 or so Vinyl will hardly make a dent in the figure overall.

You're just jealous 'cus I've got a copy and you haven't yet 😝.

They're doing a listening party tonight, though if it goes like the release thingy they did Friday on the youtube, it might be a bit bumpy.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 15:43, bickster said:

Absolutely made up to have found this, I'd forgotten I had a physical copy. There's a back stroy to this album. Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse collaborate with a host of others to make this brilliant album. Then there's delays at the record company and arguments and all that nonsense, the album looks like it's never going to get a release. Danger Mouse just goes F*** IT! and releases the tracks on to the internet and the internet goes crazy over it

It's a f***ing awesom album and I thought I'dlost my MP3 copy of it. But I had it on CD and forgot about it. In fact I've never opened it until today

@chrisp65(there's a Gryff Rhys track and a Flaming Lips Track - See below)

Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse present... Dark Night of the Soul.

R-2358582-1488946022-7082.jpeg.jpgR-2358582-1488946023-5759.jpeg.jpg

One of my very favourite albums. I think it may have been me who put you on to it, IIRC?

1 hour ago, blandy said:

One of my very favourite albums. I think it may have been me who put you on to it, IIRC?

That is almost certainly the truth. In fact I have a vague recollection of us discussing it at a gig and me going home and downloading it straight away

• Like 1

Â