What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

If I may plug this as I am currently genuinely listening to it.

Its by my Son.

He wrote all the words and music, played every instrument, did the vocals and designed the album.

But the bugger won’t promote it or perform it.

I think it’s great, but it’s possible I’m biased.

His heroes are Pink Floyd, in particular Roger Waters, so, if anyone has a spare hour, please have a listen.

If I can send him even one positive comment it would be nice.

( it’s pretty miserable though, as people who know Roger would expect😂)

...he doesn’t know I’ve done this..

• Like 2

I've played A Smiths compilation(The World won't Listen), Dark Side of the moon and an album by MGMT called congratulations, which I thought was very boring

Then I played this, remembered their name but that was about it. From the name I expected something vaguely loud and possibly punky, I did not expect Trip Hop

Pleasantly surprised. Its not as good as top drawer Portishead or Massive Attack but it's a decent listen

Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X

R-80986-1495548436-2003.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

So now I'm moving on to this Gryff Rhys and Boom Bip's concept album about the DeLorean Car

Neon Neon - Stainless Style

R-1286147-1297545851.jpeg.jpg

I quite like this, but it did cause me to go out and buy some Boom Bip. Which was an error.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even people who don't like Jazz should lidten to that, complete and utter masterpiece

I recommend going out for a quiet walk or slowdrive when it gets dark and listening to this.

So moody and dystopian. 

If the rozzers question anyone, just say you’re a pimp from out of town, settling old scores.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

I saw Curtis Mayfield on BBC4 on Friday and it was a track from his Roots album. That album has been on non stop since (not really but you get what I am saying) just about to order it. Excellent album. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Even people who don't like Jazz should listen to that, complete and utter masterpiece

I'd like to see you sell that to your 20 year old self :)

'Kind Of Blue' & 'In A Silent Way' are more accessible.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I quite like this, but it did cause me to go out and buy some Boom Bip. Which was an error.

Precisely why streaming rocks.

That’s actually one of the Boom Bip CD’s that I picked up, and you know what, it even annoys me that its got that fake coffee cup ring on the textured paper cover.

I know that downloads and the youtubes are a safer way of operating, but hey, I don’t gable, I don’t drink and I don’t do drugs, so it’s my one bit of living on the edge to spend folding money on a punt on a record. I’m right more often than I’m wrong!

• Like 1

You know what, I’ve never known what iirc meant.

I’ve actually just bothered to look it up for the first time ever.

At least some good has come from all this death and economic destruction.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Xann said:

I'd like to see you sell that to your 20 year old self

Completely agree, though to be fair another 5 years and I'd have probably listened as I was fully Spirit of Eden'ed up by then and sharing a flat with a sound engineer whilst heavily on the weed

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Completely agree, though to be fair another 5 years and I'd have probably listened as I was fully Spirit of Eden'ed up by then and sharing a flat with a sound engineer whilst heavily on the weed

There are pictures of me very much Glastonburyed up from the early 90s the weed was also responsible. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

Precisely why streaming rocks

No thrill ofbuying a speculative purchase and it turns out to be mint though, it's instanly dogshit and off. Paying for the product at least means you give it a chance

I do stream, I do it to discover new things too but that really doesn't stop me making speculative purchases either. Streaming will never replace the sheer excitement of a first play on a physical format.

• Like 2

I'm talking more about acts that didn't sustain a whole album's worth of material.

I like 'Raspberry Beret', but don't like Prince, I like 'Crazy Horses' but don't like the Osmonds.

Gave up buying albums for one track years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

I'm talking more about acts that didn't sustain a whole album's worth of material.

I like 'Raspberry Beret', but don't like Prince, I like 'Crazy Horses' but don't like the Osmonds.

Gave up buying albums for one track years ago.

There's a bloke with a market stall in Llanidloes that sells 7" singles for a quid for that kind of stuff. It's where I buy my ABBA :mrgreen:

Â