What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A few years ago the footy club had a bit of an open day and for a laugh we basically invited every known person with any sort of link to Wales.

Stuart Cable turned up. Absolutely sound lad. Pissed as a fart and really warm hearted and posed for photos all afternoon.

We also got a letter off the then Australian PM apologising that she couldn’t make it.

Stuart Cable did a DJ set at Aberystwyth Uni about 11 years ago. We had a great conversation for a long time about Eddie Izzard and an antiques shop in Newtown owned by a family friend. 

He was clearly on the Peruvian marching powder but he bought me a pizza.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Kelly is like Marmite but putting him the same sentence as U **** 2 dickwad Bono...well, you've just gone too far.

Definitely the top two in the dwarves who can't sing but do list

Well I definitely hadn't heard that Meat Puppets album before, it goes all over the place,, really not what I was expecting in the slightest. NOTHING like Nirvana, much more dare I say it... Americana

It's more Jason and the Scorchers meets Green On Red IMO

Not something I'd listen to all the time but it's definitely a keeper

Next Up

Pavement - Quarantine The Past - 23 tracks and again, I'm not convinced this has been out of the case before, definitely had that new CD feel

Steven Malkmus is a bit hit and miss for me, not sure why I have it but I'll give it a go

A quick Mooney tells me it's a compilation (which might explain my purchasing decision)

R-2167644-1267658626.jpeg.jpg

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well I definitely hadn't heard that Meat Puppets album before, it goes all over the place,, really not what I was expecting in the slightest. NOTHING like Nirvana, much more dare I say it... Americana

It's more Jason and the Scorchers meets Green On Red IMO

Not something I'd listen to all the time but it's definitely a keeper

Sounds more my sort of thing. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Sounds more my sort of thing. 

Hmm dunno, give it a go, see what you think.. actually it might suit your taste. DOn't be put off by the first track, that is definitely a bit grungy but the majority of the rest isn't

I got bored of Pavement by about track 11, mainly because I knew half of the material and it's OK but not top drawer, I don't dislike it but the fascination some have for Malkmus baffles me

Anyway onto, the Cornershop Album everyone has, if they own a Cornershop Album - When I was Born for the 7th Time

It's the one with Brimful of Asha on. I always feel like I should own more Cornershop and listen to them more, yet I can't for the life of me remember past the first two tracks of this but every time I hear them, I like them.

R-405752-1250258274.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

First One out of the CD pile this morning. A stone cold classic that should need no waffle from me

Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake

R-1226696-1305766278.jpeg.jpg

Dreadful band, massively overrated. No good tunes. :trollface:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Did you hear about the recent explosion in Barry? Some poor bloke's head just blew up

He has tried posting a response 3 times but it keeps coming out as 

Dhhfdbdhshsfjxjdjckckxk kcjdjfjcdnndnffmgkckkfjdk!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next up. Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Half of Animal Collective with a solo album (he's done a few). I always liked this one, hard to describe really, clever slightly pschedelic electronica? A bit like AC but a bit not like them too. Definiely better than the last AC album. Lots of overlaying echos and strummed guitars but it is electronica none the less

Me likely

R-944929-1269447749.jpeg.jpg

Â