What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Used to have this on Vinyl but sod knows where it went, like many others

Wild Paarty Sounds Vol 1 - An On-U Sound Compilation. There never was a Volume Two

Lots of different On-U artists, including The Mothmen who are the only artists to appear on the label, that Adrian Sherwood didn't produce. Their album was the first official release which AMS released on the label as a favour.

The Mothmen were former mebers of the original line up of the Durutti Column together with some members of Albertos Y Lost Trois Paranoias. A short lived Manchester post-punk supergroup if you like. Two of the band (Bowers and Joyce) went on to be in some big group with the former singer of the Frantic Elevators. You know the Ginger Nabc Twunt. Anyway, SHerwood did do the dub mix of the Mohmen on here, the only track of their he ever touched I think (Well apart from the remixes he did for Pimply Head)

R-191021-1177696415.jpeg.jpg

This morning I listened to the Led Zep Remastered double CD

This afternoon we've gone full on ambient with ...

Future Sound of London - Lifeforms.

A double CD, promo copy. The sticker on the back tells me that this is their debut album, it is a lie as their debut was three years earlier and was called Accelerator. Discogs lists my version as variant 3 (Made in Holland with the price code PM 518), I'd suggest this is really variant 1 as this copy was sent to me before release

Anyway, its perfect for an afternoons work

R-1522007-1505817343-2410.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

And onto this, Another Promo Album. The second album proper by Lush - Split

Suspect this will be in the keepers pile. I always liked them and I think we put them on once or twice early on

R-393877-1291787568.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

And onto this, Another Promo Album. The second album proper by Lush - Split

Suspect this will be in the keepers pile. I always liked them and I think we put them on once or twice early on

R-393877-1291787568.jpeg.jpg

Another band I saw. First time in Birmingham Institute down in Digbeth. Supported by Faith Over Reason. The latter had the vocalist that appeared on St Etiennes Only Love Can Break Your Heart. 

Lush at the time were too shoe gazey for me and I never saw them again until they got a bit more pop.

Wooden Shjips Eponymous Debut Album

RIpley Johnson's first album from 2007, they've all followed  similar path every since in all his guises but this is where it all started

Decent for working to, mellow psyche meanderings, where the words aren't really important but the vibe is.

I think it's the only time the band have appearedon the cover from my recollection

R-1222635-1201797400.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

I was never really a fan of what followed this debut album but this will always be a great record

Reminds me a lot of those heady days when I was resitting my A Levels and waiting to go to Uni

Lloyd Cole and the Commotions - Rattlesnakes

R-11000825-1507989039-5077.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

I’ve gone all the way up to the garage, moved boxes, cleaned up a bit of worktop and prized open a cupboard door on a near abandoned stash of old CD’s.

49727445152_9a68b659cf.jpg

Selected.

Closed up.

Locked up.

Back to the house, back upstairs.

49727445812_ababd843c3_w.jpg

49727130281_6348821f6e_w.jpg

I mean, its fine, but where’s Praise The Name Of Jah, by Sugar Minotaur?

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Would appreciate further pictures of CD spines to be done in a higher resolution if you dont mind. 

Garage dump store, poor lighting. It’s very much to my advantage you can’t see what some of that shite is!

49726685758_b8caf0226d_w.jpg

• Like 1

Â