What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The Pop Group - Y

Bristol's jazzy and funky post-punk legend's debut.  (don't take either of those terms literally)

This could be made tomorrow and would still sound fresh (actually 40 years old), this has influenced thousands in its wake

R-4608483-1437576725-4783.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I've been listening to all kinds of random mellow stuff all day whilst I was working - very loungecore but now...

It's going off like it's 1992...

The Orb - U.F.Orb. I only have this on CD now having sold an unopened ltd edition first pressing about a decade ago for silly silly money when the missus was ill. I had two copies, sod knows where the other vinyl copy went. This and its predecessor plus a lot of On-U Sound stuff really really changed my outlook on music. The first two albums by the Orb definitely changed my musical DNA. Anyway.... play loud!

R-13274-1281309190.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've been listening to all kinds of random mellow stuff all day whilst I was working - very loungecore but now...

It's going off like it's 1992...

The Orb - U.F.Orb. I only have this on CD now having sold an unopened ltd edition first pressing about a decade ago for silly silly money when the missus was ill. I had two copies, sod knows where the other vinyl copy went. This and its predecessor plus a lot of On-U Sound stuff really really changed my outlook on music. The first two albums by the Orb definitely changed my musical DNA. Anyway.... play loud!

R-13274-1281309190.jpeg.jpg

this is an exceptional album. Love this, loved it when it came out and love it now. Babylon and ting. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Gigaton got released today. On pre-order from Amazon but not been delivered so streaming on Spotify. 

download.jpeg

I love Pearl Jam and so want this to be good but I fear it’ll be cringe inducing dad-rock.

hope I’m wrong but finding it easy not to find out either way.

I played my 13yr old Ten yesterday and it’s still an epic record that’ll be 30(!) next year 😮😮😮

Edited by theboyangel

Thing is, as you've said Ten is 30 years old now and PJ's style has changed over the years.  I'll admit some of the newer albums aren't great but every single one has a couple of epic tracks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Today I have had the Divine Comedy discography playing on random - some tremendous tunes being played. 

One of those bands I have nothing by and every time I hear something, I think ooh I might give them a try. Then I see something shiny or low cut and the thought is lost.

• Haha 1

When The Frank and Walters first played over here they were trying a Setanta records bill with A House and The Divine Comedy. I saw Frank and Walters a tree over the early 90s but that gig with The Divine Comedy was the best. I also saw them with Sleeper at the Irish Centre and again they were excellent. I have a lot of singles by them but no albums. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

When The Frank and Walters first played over here they were trying a Setanta records bill with A House and The Divine Comedy. I saw Frank and Walters a tree over the early 90s but that gig with The Divine Comedy was the best. I also saw them with Sleeper at the Irish Centre and again they were excellent. I have a lot of singles by them but no albums. 

Was at the Irish Centre gig too. 
The best time I saw Neil Hammond live was in Liverpool with an orchestra accompanying him - such a great voice live. 

• Like 1

This could go all over the place... I just went into the living room and grabbed a bunch of CDs, without a glance at what I was grabbing. First up the crusty dubby ska yet techno breakbeat reggae of Zion Train with their album Siren. Definitely takes me back to some of the Crusty gigs at Planet X where I used to play stuff like this and Fini Tribe between the bands. This might get a full play, whatevers coming next might not

R-417994-1388665694-2706.jpeg.jpg

Zion Train lasted until track 6 until the Marc Bolan in my mind banged a gong

Now I'm onto

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly - Searching for the Hows and Whys

R-1309069-1208460872.jpeg.jpg

I have absolutely no idea why I own this, its f***ing dreadful. Marc Bolan entered my head at track 3, enough!

• Haha 1

Â