What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Zion Train lasted until track 6 until the Marc Bolan in my mind banged a gong

Now I'm onto

Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly - Searching for the Hows and Whys

R-1309069-1208460872.jpeg.jpg

I have absolutely no idea why I own this, its f***ing dreadful. Marc Bolan entered my head at track 3, enough!

I used to adore this guy and still have a significant amount of his work. I went through a period of liking those acoustic punk rock guys, him, Frank turner, remarkable rocket etc. Not that album though. 

This has already come off, Track 2. Again, I have no idea. SNow Patrol singer and a list of lumiaries inc Peter Buck (which might have been my reference point). BONG!

Tired Pony - The Place We Ran From

Snow Patrol are turd, this ounds just like Snow Patrol

I shall give this to some random small child I don't like

R-2358169-1279304123.jpeg.jpg

Next....

Sweden's The Knife - Deep Cuts. I bought this because I really liked a later album, SIlent Shout.

I don't think this comes close from what I can remember.

R-119799-1320652717.jpeg.jpg

Nah, not doing it for me. In fact by track three its turned into some elctronic version of the frog chorus with fake sampled steel drums. BONG!

The adventure started in 2011, Christian Zanesi artistic director of the INA-GRM had the crazy idea to order from Beatriz Ferreyra and Christine Groult an improvised duet with tape recorders as part of a “retro active” Weekend At the Gaité lyrique de Paris. Beatriz Ferreyra brought out her old analog studio from the 70s with four Revox tape recorders, augmented by an analog matrix and a synchronization box with variable speed drives designed on demand. The use of the magnetic strip is very manual, it puts in direct energy relation the movement of the body with the sound which one shapes. Christine Groult, wanted to work again with samplers but digital this time and to test the current inexpensive interfaces (several keyboards, 2 pads, faders, potentiometers, XY touchpad). The use of the sampler, essential tool of the 90s, is very particular and playful, it tends to be abandoned. However, it allows the use of recorded sound with its singular and personal sound palette... The interaction between these two very different technologies pleased and stimulated these two composers. But above all they seek musical expression. They therefore worked together to develop the improvisation. A common theme and meaningful images then guide them in search of sound bodies and towards a configuration of game tools.

Beatriz Ferreyra, Christine Groult ‎– Nahash

Edited by useless

14 hours ago, dubbs said:

This stuff should be known by all!! Thanks bud.

I generally take his suggestions on this site, wait a week, post them somewhere else and they think I’m some alt music guru.

Which makes me wonder if that’s what he’s doing...

• Haha 2

So, the drivers can no longer phone me, the wine is open and I'm just keeping an eye on the system, with my tea in front of me.

So another grab at the CDs in the living Room

First up, The Doors - Soft Parade

It is what it is, not my favourite Doors album but you know, it's The Doors so it isn't bad either

R-3198395-1320136734.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

So, the drivers can no longer phone me, the wine is open and I'm just keeping an eye on the system, with my tea in front of me.

So another grab at the CDs in the living Room

First up, The Doors - Soft Parade

It is what it is, not my favourite Doors album but you know, it's The Doors so it isn't bad either

R-3198395-1320136734.jpeg.jpg

Bizarrely I’ve had The Doors discography playing all afternoon. 

great way to spend the afternoon working! 

• Like 1

This appropriately starts with a song called Help Me. I have no-idea why I have this, I detested little Kelly, even when he was just an underage drinker in Aberdare

The Stereochronics - You Gotta Go There To Come Back

R-423843-1410340122-4029.jpeg.jpg

I predict Marc Bolan banging his gong around 3 or 4 tracks in. Ah sod it, No, make that track one, his voice is that awful. Did I mention he makes Bono look tall? Bong in 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

This appropriately starts with a song called Help Me. I have no-idea why I have this, I detested little Kelly, even when he was just an underage drinker in Aberdare

I predict Marc Bolan banging his gong around 3 or 4 tracks in. Ah sod it, No, make that track one, his voice is that awful. Did I mention he makes Bono look tall? Bong in 1

I own some shockers, I really do. I have a couple of Oasis albums, so trust me I am not without sin. I listen to country music for god sake. But this, this? I am losing all respect here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was definitely a freebie and by the sound it made coming out of the jewel case, I've never played it

The Meat Puppets - Too High to Die from 1993

Got lumped in with Nirvana iirc and for good reason but they formed well before them

R-386155-1551854184-6488.jpeg.jpg

This might actually go the distance

Just now, Seat68 said:

But this, this? I am losing all respect here

I can only imagine it was free and I couldn't find anyone to give it too. My Disliking for Manboy Jones is HUGE.

Still I agree its no excuse, I guess I just had to see what pain felt like, trust me, it wasn't worth it

• Like 1

A few years ago the footy club had a bit of an open day and for a laugh we basically invited every known person with any sort of link to Wales.

Stuart Cable turned up. Absolutely sound lad. Pissed as a fart and really warm hearted and posed for photos all afternoon.

We also got a letter off the then Australian PM apologising that she couldn’t make it.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I am a huge Stereophonics fan, but you have the worst album they have ever made.

Kelly is like Marmite but putting him the same sentence as U **** 2 dickwad Bono...well, you've just gone too far.

Â