What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

dbfa1978.jpg

Just got home from seeing him in concert, and I'm a wreck.  What a beautiful, yet devastating album about loss.  The performance was extremely well done and had lots of people wiping their eyes.  Definitely worth going to if he swings through your city.

Edited by Houseoftomorrow

Rainbow, Down To Earth.

Rainbow and Nazareth were the two bands that my old man had in his collection I'd secretly play back in the day when I still lived with the folks.

Everybody out? Good. Lets have a bit of Rainbow Rising on the stereogram.

Closest I get to that now? Probably Grinderman, which I know isn't that close, but its the closest I go. I did play it ridiculously loudly on Tuesday on a 'work from home' day.

16630370394_3b33807645_k.jpg

• Like 4

rainbow rising is one of the greatest rock/metal albums of all time so there's no shame there dude. 

If you've got a Distant Echo Scooter Club badge sewn on the back of your parka and a pair of black n white bowling shoes at the bottom of your burgundy sta press then there's plenty to be wary about getting caught playing that stuff!

rainbow rising is one of the greatest rock/metal albums of all time so there's no shame there dude. 

If you've got a Distant Echo Scooter Club badge sewn on the back of your parka and a pair of black n white bowling shoes at the bottom of your burgundy sta press then there's plenty to be wary about getting caught playing that stuff!

bloody mods  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I've never understood musical tribalism. If my mates didn't 'approve' of what I liked, **** 'em.

It took me a while to end up there, but yes, agreed.

I'm a lot happier in my own skin now.

Actually, I should just add it was much much more of an anti-dad attitude than a conforming to my friends taste thing. 

Edited by chrisp65

Anybody given the new Blur album a listen?

I think I dig it. It's not going to set the world alight and it seems like a bit of a slow burn, but there are definitely a few tracks that will grow on me.

SFA OK!

Not an album as such. But 53 minutes of lush.

So it turns out my mate used to drive SFA's tour bus! He'd never mentioned this to me before! He's got a picture of himself on stage with them, dressed a big 'supper fury animal' still on his phone. I knew he'd worked with Starsailor and The Charlatans, but had no idea about the Furies. Why didn't I know this before now?!   

• Like 1

Â