• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this talk of Alex McCleish.... :crylaugh:

There's more chance of Heather from EastEnders loosing 15 stone, having a make over and applying to contest Miss World 2012.

Same goes for Grayson,Poyet or any other manager from Mickey Mouse clubs.

I've got complete faith that Randy knows what he's doing and the next manager will be one 90% of us will want.

Can someone please explain why Grayson odds have been slashed and where the speculation started? Cheers.

i've asked the question about 4 times now without a response. ta

I not sure, but the first time I heard his name mentioned was on the Adrian (ginger word removed) Durham & the Fat Darren Gough radio show on talkshite where they were making a point of he would be about the only sort of manager we could attract now we are a small club with no ambition and a chairman who cant be arsed no more - Fckers . :evil:

anyone else genuinely worried? maybe the rumours of us cutting back on spending are true. maybe all this manager fuss is because we're being turned down because of our finances. the longer it goes on the futher down the manager ladder we seen to be looking. and now all this moyes bullshit. smoke and mirrors my bollocks. moyes is on holidays and pf and rl might as well be looking up a ducks arse. i just think we're clutching at straws when deep down i think we all know and fear the real truth. i hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it

UTV

The problem a lot us are having with the "ITKs" is that they're not so much "in the know" as they have a source.

It's quite possible for people to have sources and get completely different sets of information. There's nothing to say one ITK can't contradict another.

If you just treat an ITK as someone who has a source feeding them info, rather than someone with an ear to the door of the board room, you'll sleep a lot better at night.

Can someone please explain why Grayson odds have been slashed and where the speculation started? Cheers.

Quite an obvious link I suppose. Young manager, Ex Villa player, doing a very good job at Leeds having led them to promotion in to the Championship and then almost in to the play offs last season.

Not saying I'd necessarily want him but the last time an ex player managed us was JG and before him Brian Little. JG did well but Brian Little did a great job in particular 95/96 - League Cup win, 4th in league and semi of the FA Cup.

Anybody who get's annoyed at the bollocks spouted on talkshite or the rubbish written in the national press are doing exactly what they want you to do, so you carry on listening getting increasingly angry and maybe phone in at a rip-off amount per minute so they can cut you off if you disagree with them, or buy their shitty newspaper based on a sensationalist lie of a headline.Don't listen to their pathetic radio station and don't buy their paper, you'll be all the better for it.

Ex player, achieved things at Leeds but I don't rate Grayson at all. Tactically he baffles me, and I know the Leeds fans would be happy for us to take him. I want an experienced manager but if we were going lower leagues it would have to be Poyet, he's shown a lot more during his time at Brighton and has worked his way up from coach and assistant manager. Although I have a little bias as I loved him as a player.

Hopefully we don't take that route though...

i wish people would stop taking odds as being anything more than an indication of where punters money is going

Just before I switched off Talksport yesterday in disgust, the guy from Paddypower was interviewed and said they had absolutely no idea who or when the next Villa manager would be named because Villa keep things tight.

Said there'd been about 14 favourites since betting opened.

Must be driving all nutz but that's their problem.

Anybody who get's annoyed at the bollocks spouted on talkshite or the rubbish written in the national press are doing exactly what they want you to do, so you carry on listening getting increasingly angry and maybe phone in at a rip-off amount per minute so they can cut you off if you disagree with them, or buy their shitty newspaper based on a sensationalist lie of a headline.Don't listen to their pathetic radio station and don't buy their paper, you'll be all the better for it.

Adrian Durham is a genius at it. I bet he doesn't believe half the stuff he says. I actually find a lot of it quite funny.

Ultimately **** knows who the manager is going to be, just sit back and let them get on with their work and who knows we may get a nice surprise

anybody else think that if villa dont have any money or alot, the new manager will have to work with the youth and who knows players like albrighton, clark, the fonz, bannan etc better than kevin macdonald. im not even sure myself but its realistic if he had a pre season as well it could be better unlike last time

anyone else genuinely worried? maybe the rumours of us cutting back on spending are true. maybe all this manager fuss is because we're being turned down because of our finances. the longer it goes on the futher down the manager ladder we seen to be looking. and now all this moyes bullshit. smoke and mirrors my bollocks. moyes is on holidays and pf and rl might as well be looking up a ducks arse. i just think we're clutching at straws when deep down i think we all know and fear the real truth. i hope i'm wrong, but i doubt it

UTV

no im actually surprisingly calm about it, i think the penny dropped after the SSN rafa bullshit, i dont believe a single ting ive read/heard anywhere but the OS

I not sure, but the first time I heard his name mentioned was on the Adrian (ginger word removed) Durham & the Fat Darren Gough radio show on talkshite where they were making a point of he would be about the only sort of manager we could attract now we are a small club with no ambition and a chairman who cant be arsed no more - Fckers . :evil:

Quite an obvious link I suppose. Young manager, Ex Villa player, doing a very good job at Leeds having led them to promotion in to the Championship and then almost in to the play offs last season.

Not saying I'd necessarily want him but the last time an ex player managed us was JG and before him Brian Little. JG did well but Brian Little did a great job in particular 95/96 - League Cup win, 4th in league and semi of the FA Cup.

anybody else think that if villa dont have any money or alot, the new manager will have to work with the youth and who knows players like albrighton, clark, the fonz, bannan etc better than kevin macdonald. im not even sure myself but its realistic if he had a pre season as well it could be better unlike last time

Stuart Pearce would have worked with a few of them. I actually thought he had a decent start at Man City but things went pear-shaped once he started buying players, but that's an experience thing and something you can learn from. He's done really well with the Under 21s and seems a really good man manager. I reckon he gets looked down upon a bit harshly, especially in terms of taking over from Capello.

At the end of the day we dont know. Thats why i will judge the ambition of the club/chairman when we appoint the manager and players are brought in. So many people no nothing that is the only way to judge it. No point getting worked up because we've herd very little news.