• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people not aware that he will be paid millions of pounds to manage us? How is that showing balls?

Also add to the fact that no other Prem club would be exactly busting their balls to get him either.

And us like mugs offering a great job back in Prem after being relegated again- bet he can't believe his luck in many way.

Mick McCarthy has done better in Prem than this clown.

Who takes a job where he isn't wanted?

To me, it doesn't mean he 'wants' to manage us, it means he wants to be paid better money, to manage a bigger and better club, spending big money on better players...

I doesn't show balls to me, it shows an arrogance that he thinks he can prove us wrong...

I'm not prepared to risk transfer funds, whatever the outcome...

It is fair to say the board have now identified AM as their man and are now in a lose-lose situation.

If they appoint him, the fans have already decided his fate.

If they don't appoint him and choose another candidate e.g. Grayson or someone, the media will continue to have a field day about the ineptitude of the board.

Bad situation they have got themselves into.

It don't matter whether they appoint him or not now. The media will have a field day about the ineptitude of the board because the board are inept.

MON took us as far as he was capable of, Houllier nearly relegated us and then died (almost !) so I'm more than happy to take McLeish and start all over. I want a guy who can work with what we have because we genuinely have talent to work with and McLeish will get the best out of them IMHO. I don't give a shiny shite what he did or didn't do at Blouse because no manager can turn that bunch into an attractive side - he'll have better resources at Villa and I'll certainly be ready to give him a chance.

Discussing AM's proverbials or position on the 'nice chap' scale aren't really relevant though are they, I don't know about you but I prefer to judge a manager on his approach on the pitch and football mentality/philosophy, throw in some nice credentials too and a history of bringing in good players and using youngsters effectively. AM does not check any of those boxes unless you start counting competiitions that aren't very competitive in a universal context.

Yet he seems to fill out beloved owner's boxes quite magnificently:

Premier League Experience: **** it he got relegated twice in 3 years but whatever CHECK

Nice chap: CHECK

Works hard: CHECK

Sign here please.

It's inexplicable. It's like we're recruiting for checkouts at a supermarket, must have checkout experience! This is foregoing that we'll most likely have to PAY MILLIONS to get this guy. I'm dumbfounded.

I think one of the main reasons why Randy wanted to hire McLeish was because he didn't want to invest much money anymore and expects him to bring out the best of Ireland, Warnock, Beye etc. I think that's one of the reasons surely...Just you watch.

Also, do people still honestly think buying Bent (when we were in the bottom 3) was still ambition by Randy? Again, he used the Milner money (mostly) to protect the money he gets from the Premier League. I still stand by my theory that it was a panic buy and nothing more.

If the guy wants to stick his head into an oven that's fine, but I want call it ballsy I'd call it stupidity!

If we are stupid enough to offer him the job, I hope he has the sense to turn it down. Because despite what we say, we wont really give him time will we, the first set of bad results and we'd be on his back faster than a horny toad!

[

quote]

if AM comes now then boy has he got some balls! Go for it I say and prove then wrong!

Totally agree Dave.. Been saying all day. If Alex McCleish WANTS to manager Aston Villa Football Club this much and he's got the

stomach to face this lot baying for blood then by heck he must be made of steel!

Only other thing I wondered is if McCleish might be a DOF and maybe GMAC or Gordon Cowans or a young coach learning the trade?

I was listening to Paul Hartley on TalkSPORT this evening and he was saying that the football McLeish played at Hibs was "exciting & entertaining". He also made the point that O'Neill wasn't renowned for elegant football at either Leicester or Celtic but we didn't seem to have an issue with him, and in truth I agree with him on that point.

Being honest, I'm baffled by it all but having had to endure the shit of the last 72 hours and to still want the job I'm prepared to get behind him & reserve judgement.

Everyone I've spoken to says AM is an honest, decent guy. I could see him fitting in well with RL.

But it's just the whole thing is bonkers!

I think the reaction is bonkers Julie and I really believe that the majority of the reaction is down to the fact that he is has been Birminghams manager for the past few years.

Sure he was relegated twice with them (possibly only one of those drops was his fault), sure he is an uninspiring choice but the reaction has been crazy. I really feel like a lot of our fans have let the club down. I mean graffiti?! That is a stupid and childish thing to do to your own club.

I wouldn't have picked him in a million years. I am not happy about it. Although one thing is for sure folks, nothing will stop me supporting the Villa. Nothing.

Forget that AM is coming from Blues etc, I think we should all get behind him regardless..and here's why...

1) He has won a trophy in the last year, something which Arsen Wenger cannot say.

2) He is proven and tbh, he got blues relegated because they are shite and built on wank owners.

BUT

3) More importantly, we are in an awkward position at the moment, our options aren't great, and we could be faced with scenario of four different managers in four seasons if AM isn't given support. He is a good manager, and a decent, honest man. I for one, won't hold it against Lerner for trying to appoint the best manager of a bad bunch left, given that everyone else seemingly sees Villa as undesirable.

4) Let's be honest, all the stuff on SSN is making us look a bit shit, which is the last thing the club needs when we are trying to attract high flyers!