• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I don't want Mcleish .......................but if he declines it - or the board change there mind ....................where on earth do we go from here ?

Mark Hughes?

Rijkaard.

I honestly think the time is right for a proper rebuilding and he could be the man to do it. Would help attract a good calibre of player, gets the ball on the floor and gives youth a break.

Its ambitious but isn't that what we all want from the club?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC are reporting Villa will be making a statement on Thursday about AM and the vacancy. I have never known Villa to do this before normally they interview and then annouce the new manager at a press conference.

I think deal is off. I hope I am right on this one.

Randy please please go for Rijkaard He wants to manage the villa.

After the past few weeks it is now essential that we have a quick decision with a manager in place to start working on recruiting and retaining players. The amount of over-reaction to the possible appointment of a football manager is ridiculous. He would not be my choice but is unlikely to be a disappointment, may even surprise some fans. He certainly must have some courage to be willing to take on this job with all the flak that is flying around.

Why? Chelsea sacked Ancelotti a week before we sacked Houllier and they came out this morning and said they hoped to appoint a new manager within the next two weeks. Chelsea have a rebuilding job to do too. Why aren't the press telling Roman to 'hang his head in shame' for taking so long to appoint a new manager?

I'm happy to wait as long is it takes, even if it's mid July. If Randy appoints McLeish now just to get it done, and then Hughes ends up at some mid table team in the near future I'll be pissed off.

All made up Julie.

Talksport said it was reported off the back of 'twitter rumours'

So next time we hear Sky Sports Sources or Talksport understands......... we know where they get their info from then!

Have been thinking about AMs imminent appointment and spoken with my 2 lads tonight. Having started to get used to the idea (we have to), I'm going to renew our 3 STs. Decided that we need to keep supporting the team and to hit the board in the pocket will hurt the club and its potential investment in strengthening the side.

Logically, Lerner will need to arm AM with a decent transfer kitty to give him every chance of success otherwise the backlash will be immense if he has a bad start to the season. I've met AM and he's a decent guy. I hope fans judge him on his management now and refrain from the personal insults which he certainly does not deserve.

I'm going to say something unpopular now but I have already said that I am hoing to renew though looking at what has happened today I honstly think if AM comes now then boy has he got some balls! Go for it I say and prove then wrong!

if randy has seen the protests how the friggin hell can he appoint him? that is a major line of hatred how can he seriously destroy the club like this. next season song will be changed to (with mcleish in charge)

empty seat my lord, empty seats my lord

RL may well have painted himself into a nasty little corner.

The job was declined by atleast one candidate and another candidate was supposedly publicly struck off the interview list - but named. If this latest candidate now doesn't get offered the job then any next in line 4th choice will be in such a strong bargaining position RL probably feels he couldn't risk it. I know that ignores the other nasty wet paint corner of seismic fan anger, but rich people are often 'stubborn'.

If it helps the club out, I'll happily manage the club up until Christmas. I can provide photographic evidence of attendance since the mid '70's and a 35 year old reply to an autograph request on Villa headed paper. £5k a month, basic knowledge of tactics and the modern fashions for substitutes and altering tactics on occassion. Would happily step down as soon as someone that wasn't less popular than herpes got the sack elsewhere with half a season remaining to keep us up.

I'm going to say something unpopular now but I have already said that I am hoing to renew though looking at what has happened today I honstly think if AM comes now then boy has he got some balls! Go for it I say and prove then wrong!

All made up Julie.

Talksport said it was reported off the back of 'twitter rumours'

So next time we hear Sky Sports Sources or Talksport understands......... we know where they get their info from then!

I guess so Julie. Lets see what tomorrow brings. lol