• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Can people stop quoting massive posts. Its so FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! But not as frustrating as picturing Young, Downing & Bent all leaving Villa.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bent was thinking of leaving now, maybe not this season; although it wouldn't surprise me. But definitely next year.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

so what is it then you smart arse prick

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

This has to be the most simple ownage I have ever seen.

Close the polls.

Pop open the champagne and thank everyone for coming.

Post of the Year 2011 has just been won.

I don't want to be pedantic too, which means I am about to be. Also apologies for being off-topic here, but it isn't boy scouts, it is just the Scouts (as girls have been members too for quite a long while). :D

Our next manager should be somebody who is prepared to walk that extra mile for the job, a brave man, a strong man, and a man of integrity. That man may well be in our midst.
Yes our next manager should be all of those things and if McLeish takes the job then he may very well tick all of those boxes. But he must also get results on the pitch and the evidence to date suggests that may not happen. As well as obviously taking the noses down twice, he managed to 'guide' Rangers to 3rd in the SPL. Quite an impressive achievement in a 2 team league. Being a 'good manager' is a much more important box to tick than the size of the man's cojones or his ambition. And that's the point here. He just doesn't appear to me to be someone worth chasing, ignoring his association with them.

So let's cut to tomorrow's headline:

"Lerner crumbles to supporter pressure.......again!"

Realistically, who next?

This is my worry...

Who else is on the list, if McLeish was only recently approached due to him quitting at Blues?

Is the list a blank sheet of paper as they have now ran out of options?

I would take Gus Poyet next if we cant get a big name.. But does he meet the criteria the board are looking for?

Maybe we will end up with Southgate or Curbishley.

Our next manager should be somebody who is prepared to walk that extra mile for the job, a brave man, a strong man, and a man of integrity. That man may well be in our midst.
Yes our next manager should be all of those things and if McLeish takes the job then he may very well tick all of those boxes. But he must also get results on the pitch and the evidence to date suggests that may not happen. As well as obviously taking the noses down twice, he managed to 'guide' Rangers to 3rd in the SPL. Quite an impressive achievement in a 2 team league. Being a 'good manager' is a much more important box to tick than the size of the man's cojones or his ambition. And that's the point here. He just doesn't appear to me to be someone worth chasing, ignoring his association with them.

So let's cut to tomorrow's headline:

"Lerner crumbles to supporter pressure.......again!"

Realistically, who next?

Well, I thought that Big 'Eck would be the most unlikely in the odds when this circus started. So, it can only be someone who originally had longer odds. It's either Tony Morley being unveiled in a truimphant return or it's Trevor Francis.

hahaha

first of all i would like to thank you for putting a smile on my face for the first time today!

My pleasure.

secondly, prepared and be prepared have a very similar meaning, if i was to say prepared and not prepared were the same i would understand your objection....

The Aston Villa motto "Prepared" is a positive statement of current status and outlook. The motto of the international Boy Scout Movement, "Be Prepared", can be seen as either a statement of aspiration or desired status. They are very different. They're also different on a much more fundamental level. One says "Be Prepared", the other says "Prepared".

as to my point about the board not being prepared.... last year they dicked about for months before making an appointment of a washed up manager with major heart problems that also couldnt start the job until weeks after he was announced as manager...

In fact, it was 30 days after O'Neill resigned that Houllier was appointed. Not even an entire month. Also, during this incredibly long tortuous 4 weeks and 2 days, Houllier underwent medical tests which showed him to be in sufficiently good health to take the job. In fact, I would argue that the process of insisting Houllier had these tests showed a good level of preparedness on the part of AVFC.

they say that they want a manager who shares there ambition yet only days after ged was appointed he referred to us as a 7th to 12th placed team after wed just finished 6th 3 years running. i personally think that these comments along with many others made were fuel for the fire that raged behind the scenes last year

And the way in which this shows a supposed lack of preparedness is?

and now, the manor in which we have held interviews, one at a time, scattered about is just unprofessional.

Holding interviews one at a time is unprofessional? Would you prefer that they gather all prospective candidates in a room together and set them Big Brother style tasks?

the board wasnt prepared for MON taking us to court, they wernt prepared for geds heart problems recurring, they wernt prepared to pay off houlliers remaining 2 and half year contract

I think you're confusing preparedness with an ability to see into the future on this point.

Anyone see Alan Curbishley speaking about all this on SSN? He says McCleish will be in for hell if he comes and needs to think theings through.

Idiot asked him if he would be interested in Villa job & he went bright purple. I was embarassed for him because heard we'd interviewed him

before Houlier was appointed.

Someone reminded me earlier that Alex McCleish has never walked away from any job he's had. Goings on at B'ham must have been bad

for him to walk out on them.

He's not yet appointed, all of us don't know who the manager is going to be and I can't beleive that a so called fan could graffitti at BMH,

where our training facilities are thanks to Randy Lerner are second to none!

I'm getting chilled about it a bit more now and TBH whoever is appointed will have my full backing.

UTV.

People talking about feeling sick and wanting to vomit. Now for me, watching sky sports news just now, seeing that bloke down at Bodymoor Heath scrubbing the walls in front of the cameras is more vomit inducing than anything else. Abso-****-lutely disgraceful!

I agree

But shame on the board as well for forcing the fans to extreme's such as this

Nobody with an ounce of sense wants the ex-shite manager at villa

Its not just because he's a nose the idea of the McLeish brand of football being played at VP week in week out makes me shudder

Darren Bent is going to love this bloke as prolific and deadly as he is McLeish will soon have him firing blanks on a regular basis.

the Motto is 'Be Prepared', which is quite IRONIC after these last 12 months.....

No it's not. We're not the boy scouts.

so what is it then you smart arse prick

It's "Prepared".

Your sincerely,

Smart Arse Prick esq

This has to be the most simple ownage I have ever seen.

Close the polls.

Pop open the champagne and thank everyone for coming.

Post of the Year 2011 has just been won.

I don't want to be pedantic too, which means I am about to be. Also apologies for being off-topic here, but it isn't boy scouts, it is just the Scouts (as girls have been members too for quite a long while). :D

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD.

BADEN-POWELL OUT!!

I have never been so disgusted with a potential manager appointment before in my life, although there have been one or two over the years that I wasn't happy about, I have still supported them and supported my team but if this happens then I would hate it.

I would feel confused and disappointed as it feels that everything we have been told by the board and even seeing the fruits of their hard work over the last few years - this would totally go against all of that.

I'm putting the fact that I personally don't think he is a good manager, his 2 relegation's, bad signings, negative style etc to one side for a moment. What worries me more than anything is the fact that the villa camp will not be a happy one for the next year (unless we win every game). Of course there will be a massive fans backlash and the will be alot of people on his back from day 1. This in turn will filter down to the players and it will also surely effect them too. Players will not want to stay and players will not want to come. The pressure will be so intense that I fear even the best managers in the world would struggle to work to their best ability under these conditions so it will be a slippery downhill slop and come this time next year we will be in the same postion again looking for a new manager which will in turn halt our progress for the 12/13 season.

I am still holding very slim hope that this will not happen. This could be one of the saddest days for me personally in my 30 years of supporting my team

Chaz, even your username is wrong.

Villain not Villan!

Sorry Wiggy but your wrong!!

Villain = criminal / baddie

Villan = follower of the worlds greatest football team.

My guess is you're under 40 years of age.

Correct, I was going to post something like this too.

People talking about feeling sick and wanting to vomit. Now for me, watching sky sports news just now, seeing that bloke down at Bodymoor Heath scrubbing the walls in front of the cameras is more vomit inducing than anything else. Abso-****-lutely disgraceful!

This, it really put me on one today!

Chaz, even your username is wrong.

Villain not Villan!

Sorry Wiggy but your wrong!!

Villain = criminal / baddie

Villan = follower of the worlds greatest football team.

My guess is you're under 40 years of age.

Correct, I was going to post something like this too.

I stand corrected, as you were people.

:oops:

hahaha

first of all i would like to thank you for putting a smile on my face for the first time today!

My pleasure.

secondly, prepared and be prepared have a very similar meaning, if i was to say prepared and not prepared were the same i would understand your objection....

The Aston Villa motto "Prepared" is a positive statement of current status and outlook. The motto of the international Boy Scout Movement, "Be Prepared", can be seen as either a statement of aspiration or desired status. They are very different. They're also different on a much more fundamental level. One says "Be Prepared", the other says "Prepared".

as to my point about the board not being prepared.... last year they dicked about for months before making an appointment of a washed up manager with major heart problems that also couldnt start the job until weeks after he was announced as manager...

In fact, it was 30 days after O'Neill resigned that Houllier was appointed. Not even an entire month. Also, during this incredibly long tortuous 4 weeks and 2 days, Houllier underwent medical tests which showed him to be in sufficiently good health to take the job. In fact, I would argue that the process of insisting Houllier had these tests showed a good level of preparedness on the part of AVFC.

they say that they want a manager who shares there ambition yet only days after ged was appointed he referred to us as a 7th to 12th placed team after wed just finished 6th 3 years running. i personally think that these comments along with many others made were fuel for the fire that raged behind the scenes last year

And the way in which this shows a supposed lack of preparedness is?

and now, the manor in which we have held interviews, one at a time, scattered about is just unprofessional.

Holding interviews one at a time is unprofessional? Would you prefer that they gather all prospective candidates in a room together and set them Big Brother style tasks?

the board wasnt prepared for MON taking us to court, they wernt prepared for geds heart problems recurring, they wernt prepared to pay off houlliers remaining 2 and half year contract

I think you're confusing preparedness with an ability to see into the future on this point.

being prepared means being PREPARED for whatever could happen!

**** it, im gonna quote a dictionary for you here as your obviously not the smart arse i once viewed you as....

pre·pared   

[pri-paird] Show IPA

–adjective

properly expectant, organized, or equipped; ready: prepared for a hurricane

It is quite obvious that if the board were prepared they would have a clause in Geds contract saying that if he were to fall ill again his contract could be ended without paying him Millions in compo! Also, giving him a 3 and half years was a bit optimistic to say the least.....