• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

....McLeish is nailed on, get used to it..... put all the nonesense behind you and get behind him.

Ok Ok you made your point you want McLeish we've all read your last 3 posts. Now go to beddy byes and have sweet dreams about his ginger balls .

If you had read my post properly, you would know i said he would not have been my choice..... but hey Ron Saunders wouldn't have been either.

He may turn out to be brilliant for us, who knows.

I'm merely saying none of us know, who is going to be the McCoy......Moyes might have been a flop, who knows

I'm saying, just accept whoever it is...... we have accepted mediocrity for the best part of 70 years so, so what.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suport VILLA not the players,Manager,Chairman,Coaches or ballboys!

They all come and go.I watched as Turner,McNeil,Venglos,GT Mark 2 and O'leary were appointed.I didn't agree with any of them getting the job.But still i followed and suported them, argued at school and work to defend them.

I wanted Yorke to stay and Milner and Barry and Young.But they went cause thats what players do they come and go and still i suported their replacements.

Why because Aston Villa is MY club! The staff will be around for a while and they will delight and disapoint in equal measure like they always have done.

Randy will make more mistakes i'm sure (i'm just hoping he doesn't sell us to some dodgy Thia business man TBH)what can i do?

I can carry on suporting the club that has been a part of my life for 34 years because they are Villa and they are MY team.

So if Alex McLeish gets the job he gets the job.....so what? There will most likely be another one in his place in three years time.So while he is here he will get my support as the manager of MY team!

My two pence for what its worth..

From the evidence available to me I am quite confident that AM will not be the next Villa Manager.

This is from a mixture of what in my opinion are sources I would take over what I am told by the media Circus, the same media circus who in the last 2 weeks alone have at some point guaranteed 1 of at least 5 managers with the next 24 hours etc.. the fact is they don't know there arse from their elbow when it comes to this board and they build up on what little snippets they can get until it spills over and people start to take it as gospel, FFS you only have to look at the number of players at team get linked with in the papers and how many actually happen for an example of this.

And now this statement from the BCFC board just makes me think it's even more unlikely, it's just not the way that this board works what the **** have they done in the last 5 years to deserve such vitriol? do you think they have had a mental breakdown and suddenly have no clue what to do? The appointment of GH may not have panned out as planned, but you could see the logic to it and it met all of the criteria mentioned in the statement tonight.

That leads me on to statements the only things we have heard officially are in regards to Martinez and Interviewing AM, the first of these were driven by Whelan mouthing off to the press who in turn make up their own story which suddenly is stated as fact on talkshite, SSN, so we make a statement which rubbishes all the shite that the media had been pedaling by clarifying that it was decided days ago that we were not even meeting Martinez, if whelan hadn't mouthed of none of these facts would be in the public domain and people would still be of the mantra he turned us down.

Tonights statement in my opinion was made due to the constant moaning and whining of the want it now generation and is very carefully worded are we the **** going to employ AM, if you go back and read it again the whole statement is a contradiction to them employing AM as he meets none of the aforementioned criteria GH did , the only reason he is mentioned (right at the bottom I may add) is because the BCFC chairman has come out and mentioned us (similar to Whelan) other wise I think that paragraph would not have been on there and it would just have been a statement to appease, finally the reason they do go into detail is to show that the fact he has been at BCFC should not stop him from being able to apply and be interviewed and rightly so, thats all it doesn't say he has the job, that is the medias take.

There has never been anything official on Hughes, Ancelloti, Jol, Mclaren, Benitez, Moyes all anyone is going on is what the media have drummed up, maybe there are some grains of truth in what has been said about any of the above candidates the only way we would / will ever know is with official statements.

Personally I fully expect David Moyes to be the new Villa manager come 1st of July

....McLeish is nailed on, get used to it..... put all the nonesense behind you and get behind him.

thank god a sensible comment !!!!!!!!!!! get behind whoever the manager is and stop making us villa fans looking anymore foolish than we already do......the club will always be more important than the individual?

From the evidence available to me I am quite confident that AM will not be the next Villa Manager.

This is from a mixture of what in my opinion are sources I would take over what I am told by the media Circus, the same media circus who in the last 2 weeks alone have at some point guaranteed 1 of at least 5 managers with the next 24 hours etc.. the fact is they don't know there arse from their elbow when it comes to this board and they build up on what little snippets they can get until it spills over and people start to take it as gospel, FFS you only have to look at the number of players at team get linked with in the papers and how many actually happen for an example of this.

Love your optimism my friend but can I have a bit of what your smoking?

And now this statement from the BCFC board just makes me think it's even more unlikely, it's just not the way that this board works what the **** have they done in the last 5 years to deserve such vitriol? do you think they have had a mental breakdown and suddenly have no clue what to do? The appointment of GH may not have panned out as planned, but you could see the logic to it and it met all of the criteria mentioned in the statement tonight.

That leads me on to statements the only things we have heard officially are in regards to Martinez and Interviewing AM, the first of these were driven by Whelan mouthing off to the press who in turn make up their own story which suddenly is stated as fact on talkshite, SSN, so we make a statement which rubbishes all the shite that the media had been pedaling by clarifying that it was decided days ago that we were not even meeting Martinez, if whelan hadn't mouthed of none of these facts would be in the public domain and people would still be of the mantra he turned us down.

Tonights statement in my opinion was made due to the constant moaning and whining of the want it now generation and is very carefully worded are we the **** going to employ AM, if you go back and read it again the whole statement is a contradiction to them employing AM as he meets none of the aforementioned criteria GH did , the only reason he is mentioned (right at the bottom I may add) is because the BCFC chairman has come out and mentioned us (similar to Whelan) other wise I think that paragraph would not have been on there and it would just have been a statement to appease, finally the reason they do go into detail is to show that the fact he has been at BCFC should not stop him from being able to apply and be interviewed and rightly so, thats all it doesn't say he has the job, that is the medias take.

There has never been anything official on Hughes, Ancelloti, Jol, Mclaren, Benitez, Moyes all anyone is going on is what the media have drummed up, maybe there are some grains of truth in what has been said about any of the above candidates the only way we would / will ever know is with official statements.

Personally I fully expect David Moyes to be the new Villa manager come 1st of July

You are gonna be disappointed!

Lets get one thing straight, McCliesh is being INTERVIEWED for the job not given it, I personly think it is a smokescreen as the Martinez interview was

I still think it will be a manager the majority will take to, but if I am wrong and they appoint AM then we (fans that actually go to VP and pay thier money)

get behind him, this man has relegated the mongrels not once but twice, we know who the agents have been in the past, but never thought

we might have had a sleeping agent there, he`s just signed 4 shite players nobody else wanted, you never know, it could be masterstroke, any bit of sucess

he gives the Villa, will turn that knife in the small heath bellies more and more and deeper and deeper, God Bless the Villa, and all us Villans.

Here's a thought Mcleish comes to villa & we get relegated & McClaren steers Forest into the premier league.

And all the pies at Villa Park will be of the "humble" variety

I won't. I voted for McLaren in both polls as soon as they came out. Moyes was never going to leave Everton, Ancelotti never going to come. Schteve has a much better record than most on here give him credit for. I'm not English so couldn't give two shits that he failed to get a bunch of overpaid prima donna wanabe celebrities to qualify for a tournament. That many on here would have prefered Martinez is both laughable and frightening.

You are gonna be disappointed!

If Blues succeed with there injunction - doesn't that leave villa in the very position that they have been so keen to avoid - No manager for pre season training. - What a f*n Mess

This is **** depressing.

Jesus, when you admit to being depressed over something villa related you know things are bad. You'd think McCleish might be our next manager or something...oh wait :cry:

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

....Don't remember many players wanting to leave the Blues under McLeish, seems a very popular guy, from what I can gather.

Deserves a chance, and any guy willing to take all the flak, would suggest a strong character to me.

as for the negative football tag, most managers with poor players play negative football.....it kinda follows like night follows day.

Make that 4.

.....thanks for keeping tabs, almost forgot you were there.....off to bed now.

We'll have the last laugh if McLeish gets us into the top 7 at the end of the season and Birmingham stay in the championship. If he can get absolute shite like Birmingham to 9th, then I recon he could get us nicely in the top 8/7 this season.