• Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The interviews that are OFFICIAL:

Martinez - Turned us down

McLeish - We're interviewing him

I don't think there's been anyone else! I mean if there was why would the publically state we're interviewing McLeish but not the others?

Again, they've had 2 months to prepare for this. What is going on?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board have spoonfed us BS from day one if the appoint McLeish. Krulak might as well **** off to another forum as I can't see how he can expect us to believe any more shit from him. First we had the big statement about not letting the horrendous year under GH happen again, then came the statement saying that we have been researching non-stop for weeks to find the right candidate that fits the clubs traditions and ethos etc and now we hear nothing except a copied supposed statement from GK to a fan on another forum.

If they lump for McLeish when Benitez and Hughes (who not only quit his job like AM but also was entitled to do so without issue) are free then the board can suck on my saggy ball sack.

So I admit it - I got drawn in by all this proud history bright future crap. How we will follow the traditions and heritage of this great club.

This board did more in 4 years than we had seen in probably 2 decades and then at the first real sign of difficultly WHAM the two fingers are rammed right up our nose in what is to me the ultimate betrayal to our great football club and most importantly us the fans.

Assuming the inevitable now happens there is no way what so ever that I will be renewing my families 3 season tickets.

I feel sick to the bottom of my stomach I just can't believe it :puke:

This is mindboggling. Mark Hughes is available yet we wouldn't speak to him because he resigned as Fulham manager. Two weeks later Alex Mcleish resigns at Scum and we interview him. Randy what is the difference?

I would to like to know after the shock announcement what your vision is for the next five years for this wonderful club we all support.

You are completely out of touch with the fans so please do us all a favour and put the club up for sale and go back to America and take the rest of the board with you. This is a shambles now and you have made Villa a laughing stock with the media.

I support the club, the team, the 11 men on that field in claret and blue.

Doesn't matter who the owner is, who the board are, who the manager is, who the players are, what division we're in.

I will still support this club.

I don't think AM is the BEST appointment, but I will never, ever turn my back on the club.

:support:

Not for 1 minute do i believe we will have mcleish as manager,the board is just going through the motions until mark hughes is announced as manager.

Yes yes yes!

I can tell you now what McLeish's first statement to the Villa fans is going to be "all I ask is that you judge me on my results"

To which the reply thunders back from the Villa fans "we have done - **** off".

Had to steal this off H&V :nod:

How would people feel if we wanted to appoint Steve Bruce since he has also had the misfortune of managing SHA.

Would it be a smaller pill to swallow because it would be an indirect movement (Blues -> Wigan -> Sunderland -> Villa) ?

Whereas McLeish is pretty much direct Blues -> Villa

Just wondering what kind of reaction there would be if it were Steve Bruce instead of Alex McLeish?

I think the bigger picture is being missed here..... Mcleish's team scored 37 goals last year and his team got relegated- his birmingham team were the most dullest team in the league last year!..

He is shit which is why i don't want him. The blues thing is irrelevant in my opinion- he had a decent amount to spend at that club and still played horrible, dull football and relegated them twice in 4 season! oh and the first season, he was there from November- thats long enough to be responsible for the relegation!

Well, for financial reasons i've been really undecided whether to renew my season ticket or not, i want to support the club, but last year was a complete shambles and it's a lot of money to spend to go watch some utter tripe, i was hoping a new manager may influence me to decide...

If we sign McLeish then Randy has made my mind up for me, no way i will be paying money to watch that crap. 8-1-1 formation....

Will just buy the shirt instead :P

(if it ever gets released)

The thing that just really sticks in my throat about this is that it just seems that the board couldn't care less about how this affects the fans.

If AM is appointed as Villa manager, I think they will struggle to see more than 25k at any of the first 5 or 6 home games.

I could understand if he was a top coach, but he's been relegated a month ago, and now he's being considered as someone that can take us forward.

This makes me wonder who's already turned us down!

it is unbelievable what is happening. i can undersatdn mcceish leaving the blues after having his feet trampled on on transfers and his team sacked but why would we interview? ok he did fairly decently with scotland and won a cup with birmingham but he is a blue manager - he is not claret and blue! surely there is a more popular choice.

gone are the days of BIG RON, The return of brian Little, the MON appointment (ellis did this i believe). we are scrabbling aorund in the dark. chelsea have said very little publicly. we may say we conduct oursleves properly but the only time we should know is when the manager has been appointed!

i think not interviewing mcclaren based on fan forum views was an oddity in itself and agree with GT's comments (when he was tlaking about the resppnse he had from wolves fans) but the mccleish pressure is much stornger and the board have in essence created a precedence with the stance over mcclaren. in al honesty i would prefer brian little/john gregory and allan evans back or even GT - at least they care for the club.

Not for 1 minute do i believe we will have mcleish as manager,the board is just going through the motions until mark hughes is announced as manager.

Er..what motions?

Why interview McLeish , try to intertview Martinez if going to appoint Hughes all along?

Why would there be any need to have interviews?

What exactly would be the point or benefit of that paticular cunning plan??

This "smokescreen " idea seems bollocks and excsuing a board that seemingly don't know what the hell they are doing.