fifa 12

fifa09don

I'm getting really cfucked off with having to play fecking Santos now.

Got to league 5 in H2H and everyone is either Santos or the Russian team with Eto. It's just shit. They cant be tackled or caught up with Villas shite defense.

Pissing me right off now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, funny you should mention that! I just jumped on for a couple of games and who do I get matched up against? Some kid who had a massive wankfest over that Neymar for Santos. He wouldn't pass to anyone else, it had to be that C*** IN THE GREEN BOOTS! Couldn't do skill moves to save his life, made himself look a right weirdo.

Next up was that Anghahahghahahah who Eto'o plays for. Luckily I smashed seven bells of shit out of him. He quit.

Oh and I played Villa! Not sure if he too was a Villa fan but he sure gave me a good game!

I'm getting really cfucked off with having to play fecking Santos now.

Got to league 5 in H2H and everyone is either Santos or the Russian team with Eto. It's just shit. They cant be tackled or caught up with Villas shite defense.

Pissing me right off now.

Yes but everyone says the same about people using Villa and Gabby. When it's time to defend against a fast attack try selecting a defender away from the play and sprinting him back to the box, once the opposition player gets there use the X button jockey to block off the shooting opportunity.

Funny you mention Neymar, I'm 3 star teams quite alot and you get people being LA Galaxy and hoofing up field to Donovan at every opportunity. :lol:

It's stupid that this is sort of how people try to get around the new match making.

can someone tell me what this game is like?

is the defending ridiculously difficult?

also is it pretty much impossible to score outside the box? i hardly ever scored from distance in fifa 11 and free kicks were like a reaction testing exam.

also in Fifa 11 the keepers were superhuman, basically whoever you played against got posessed by Peter Shilton.

Nah the defending just takes a bit of getting used to. Much more difficult against the computer than other people though.

I find it easier to score from outside the area, although usually low shots that zip into the bottom corner. I am yet to hit the top corner from over 18 yards.

Just sold Ireland and Gabby for a combined 32m. Was difficult letting gabby go but it was just too much money to let pass. I don't know who to sign now though.

The following suggestions assume you're playing the same formation as me; 4-5-1 with one striker in front of a CAM and two CM's (sat in the CDM position but edited to CM role in the formations menu) with an RM and LM out wide...

Either Jan Morávek (always on the cheap/transfer listed by Schalke) or Ross Barkley (gettable for around £4m from Everton) as your CAM for the future and Kevin Nolan as your direct (and cheap) replacement for Ireland.

Then, rather than sink money into a Gabby replacement, simply bump Delfouneso up to the sub's bench. The rate he develops at (and the shite rating that EA gave Gabby) means he surpasses Gabby soon enough anyway. Keep Weimann around as your reserve striker for emergencies, but during spells when you don't need him do make sure you loan him out so he can develop.

This should leave you with a sizeable chunk of the Ireland/Gabby fee still left, which should just be enough to get you the following (if not, try reducing the wage bill on the Budget Allocation screen as it can bump up the transfer budget by quite a sizeable amount and can be done an unlimited amount of times as opposed to only 3 per season in FIFA 11). In order of priority:

•Either Asmir Begovic from Stoke or Samir Handanovic from Udinese as Given's replacement (Given starts declining really fast, so you will need to replace him ASAP :().

•Sigamary Diarra from Lorient as your starting LM (bargain for a player of his ability).

•Emilio Izaguirre from Celtic as a direct replacement for Warnock (out-grows Warnock quickly and is an absolute monster down the flank).

•John Brayford from Derby as future RB (you can sell Lichaj to help fund the move).

•Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen from F.C. København as future CB (you can sell Cuéllar to help fund the move, as you won't need him after this).

If you've any money left after that, I'd suggest getting a promising future LM, someone like Steve Zakuani from Seattle Sounders maybe.

My Villa team, with a few minor adjustments prior to starting the career; I changed N'Zogbia's role to LM and bumped up Gabby's stats to 77 through upping his movement stats (speed, acceleration, agility, balance et cetera)...

Staring Line-Up:

••••••••••••••BEGOVIC••••••••••••••••

HUTTON•••DUNNE•••CLARK•••IZAGUIRRE

••••••••••BANNAN•••DELPH••••••••••••

MCGEADY••••••IRELAND•••••••N'ZOGBIA

••••••••••••••••BENT••••••••••••••••••

Subs:

•GUZAN

BRAYFORD

•COLLINS

•PETROV

•ALBRIGHTON

BARKLEY

•AGBONLAHOR

Reserves:

•GIVEN (Injured)

•SIEGRIST (Loaned Out)

•BAKER (Loaned Out)

•WARNOCK

•JENAS (Loaned In)

•MAKOUN (Loaned Out)

•GARDNER (Loaned Out)

•DELFOUNESO (Loaned Out)

I'm through to March of my first season and I'm currently simulating all games bar the FA Cup (after getting unceremoniously dumped out of the League Cup in the first round to Man City). Went unbeaten in the League for the first 7 weeks of the season to go top, I'm currently sat in 3rd fighting with Man Utd for the last CL spot.

I was considering replacing Given in the January window as he dropped down a whopping 3 points in the first half of the season, then at the tail-end of December he got injured for 4 months necessitating my move for Begovic.

Hutton also got injured in pre-season for 4 months, so Brayford got thrown straight in. I originally wanted to loan him straight out after buying him, as I won't introduce him the the first team for another season or so. Izaguirre has come on well after a shaky start, but as an added bonus Warnock is surprisingly unbothered by being dumped in the reserves.

Dunne and Clark seemingly make a solid partnership, but I'm wary of Dunne's age and niggling injuries so I'm looking at replacing him in the summer. I tried in January with moves for Douglas and Ecuele Manga but couldn't meet their respective club's transfer demands. If I get enough cash from the board, come August I might go for Gary Cahill instead.

I didn't originally want to partner Bannan and Delph in the middle, as I like to have a right-footer/left-footer combo for balance but Bannan agitated for some game-time and they've both been a revelation in the middle of the park. They're also individually as good as Petrov now anyway (though he has declined by 1 point) so there's no reason not to stick with them, but it'll be a quandry when Makoun comes back as he's the best of the bunch. Either way, I'll probably sell Petrov if I can get another good bid for him (I did agree to a generous £5m offer from Fiorentina at the start of the season, but the bastard wouldn't agree personal terms! :x).

Ireland and McGeady (my one marquee signing at around £10m) compose the main supply-line to Bent, whilst N'Zogbia is a more of a goal-threat than a provider (7 goals so far this season). Bent's thriving off the service though, 13 goals in the League and I had to rebuff a £25m advance from Everton. Ireland's been attracting the most interest though, continually getting offers around £15m but nothing to tempt me into selling.

My last signing (about an hour before the window closed) was Barkley; he hasn't featured much but when he does eventually make the step up I'm hoping he'll provide some much needed height and physical presence in front of Bannan and Delph. My master plan is if in 3-4 seasons I get a ludicrous offer for Ireland, Barkley should be good enough by then to go straight into the side so I'll have plenty cash to do some more shopping.

God I love this game.

Yup. You can either play or simulate any match, and if you sim you get a scrolling text of events (cards, injuries, goals etc.) during the game as well as score updates from other games that day. I like to sim most of the time so I can burn my way through a season in an evening, and as I don't have a good enough PC to run FM proper then FIFA's career mode is ideal.

Yup. You can either play or simulate any match, and if you sim you get a scrolling text of events (cards, injuries, goals etc.) during the game as well as score updates from other games that day. I like to sim most of the time so I can burn my way through a season in an evening, and as I don't have a good enough PC to run FM proper then FIFA's career mode is ideal.

Im in the same boat mate, love FM but need to upgrade the PC to run it properly.

I might just invest in this in the end.

How indepth are the contract/transfer negotiations Gaz?

I have played 8 games in career mode so far and Given has just announced he is going to retire at the end of the season :(

can someone tell me what this game is like?

is the defending ridiculously difficult?

also is it pretty much impossible to score outside the box? i hardly ever scored from distance in fifa 11 and free kicks were like a reaction testing exam.

also in Fifa 11 the keepers were superhuman, basically whoever you played against got posessed by Peter Shilton.

Don't know about everyone else but I'm finding it pretty easy to score from distance.

Can I ask what level people are playing this on. I have always played FIFA on legandary and done ok. But I am shipping at least 3 goals every game at the moment! Might have to drop it down to World Class, but feel I would be cheating myself.

Bought this for £28.99 from Sainsburys on friday, traded in at hmv for £35 store credit today, quite chuffed!

I understand the tackling is more realistic but I just didn't enjoy the game, the new tackling sapped all the fun out of it! Whats the point in getting to grips with the new tackling system and then when u play online everyone reverts back to the old legacy system. Kinda defeats the point.

I also find it impossible to score from corners/crosses and concede far too many headers. Its got to the point where I always had to take short corners and stop crossing and work the ball around. Not realistic and not fun in my opinion. If im crossing over 15-20 crosses and corners a game i wanna be able to score at least one, more often than not.

I also got fed up of playing against shit teams and getting passed off the pitch because all of a sudden they turn into world beaters when they get in your half. I play on World Class so dont know if thats anything to do with it?

Also thought the Defensive AI was a bit gash and especially more frustrating when all cpu attackers have amazing close conrtol and can run rings around you.

One last negative, playing online - chipped through balls. Half the time the defender tries to cut it out without me telling him to so and misses it, the other half when i change the player to be the nearest he stops running the second i hit L1. leaving him through on goal.

Overall it is a good game, very well polished with player faces/kits/stdiums/commentary/decent gameplay, but I just feel its sapped all the fun out of it, I'd almost prefer it to be a little more acradey and free flowing. Can see why people enjoy tho, just not for me!

Â