Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When will people stop typing " so and so said on X, formerly Twitter." And just say "On X."

Probably when it changes name to something less stupid. Calling something by a single letter is pretty useless for recognition purposes both written and spoken.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What the politics of footlocker are and why protestors hate them so much 

Are these protestors right wing nutjobs? If so it’s because they supposedly donated £200 mil to “Black Lives Matter”, they didn't. What they did do was set up a community programme to help black communities with economic and educational projects.

Yep good old misinformed racism.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

When will people stop typing " so and so said on X, formerly Twitter." And just say "On X."

I still call them Opal Fruits and Marathons and refer to Zimbabwe as Rhodesia , so if I’m the benchmark at least  40 years :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I still call them Opal Fruits and Marathons and refer to Zimbabwe as Rhodesia , so if I’m the benchmark at least  40 years :) 

Imagine Tony sat there at 9 years old peering up from his Telegraph, "well it will always be bloody Rhodesia to me"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Also, a Twitter post was known as a 'tweet'. What do you call an X post? 

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are these protestors right wing nutjobs? If so it’s because they supposedly donated £200 mil to “Black Lives Matter”, they didn't. What they did do was set up a community programme to help black communities with economic and educational projects.

Yep good old misinformed racism.

Im not sure if he was referring to a specific event but I read an article dated 2012 that seems to suggest they get targeted every time there is an incident by youths who seem to like trainers but not paying £100 for them … gives examples from Paris as far back as 2006 

but there could be more specific reasons in modern times like the one you refer to 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I had this conversation the other week when some punter tried to persuade me to open a packet of opal fruits that were in the car.

”open your starburst and let me have one”

”only if you call them by their proper name”

repeat multiple times until the end of the journey

In my head they are still filed under Opal Fruits and they are made to make my mouth water

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Im not sure if he was referring to a specific event but I read an article dated 2012 that seems to suggest they get targeted every time there is an incident by youths who seem to like trainers but not paying £100 for them … gives examples from Paris as far back as 2006 

but there could be more specific reasons in modern times like the one you refer to 

Oh yes, they are definitely looter central in the states (and Dublin this week) and that is probably why they started the £200 mil outreach program.

But he was talking protestors not looters

• Thanks 1

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

Some people still call their Dyson vacuum cleaner the "hoover", so you'll need to wait a bit longer.

Well it is a hoover isn’t it ?  Can’t imagine myself saying to the wife” Eh love I’m just going to get the Dyson out “ 

There was a bloke who worked down our place he was kind of staff and was mostly off the tools so he’d drive about in a company vehicle . Then he bought a jaguar car and every time he’d need something from the car he’d say “ I’m just going to the Jag to get something “ 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can’t imagine myself saying to the wife” Eh love I’m just going to get the Dyson out “ 

Uh-oh. You know what's coming now, don't you? 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There was a bloke who worked down our place he was kind of staff and was mostly off the tools so he’d drive about in a company vehicle . Then he bought a jaguar car and every time he’d need something from the car he’d say “ I’m just going to the Jag to get something “ 

I know a couple of Jag owners, and they do exactly the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well it is a hoover isn’t it ?  Can’t imagine myself saying to the wife” Eh love I’m just going to get the Dyson out “ 

Clarkson famously said that only cads and bounders drive Jags, and always refer to their vehicle as the "Jaag!"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

I had this conversation the other week when some punter tried to persuade me to open a packet of opal fruits that were in the car.

”open your starburst and let me have one”

”only if you call them by their proper name”

repeat multiple times until the end of the journey

In my head they are still filed under Opal Fruits and they are made to make my mouth water

I admire you for not telling the cheeky bastard just to **** off. 

• Like 1

Â