Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Now they’ve pretty much done creating Artificial Intelligence, when are they starting on Artificial Stupidity? Obviously it’ll be way harder for all kinds of reasons, but seriously the world could do with fewer people having to be so dumb all the time.

Well, considering the so called "AI" is nothing but representation of previous human made articles/images, you could say that we have already made "artificial stupidity".

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 02:39, il_serpente said:

If he’d grown hair and wore socks you’d never recognize him

I could easily put on socks, but the hair is an issue

• 2 weeks later...

Bottles of $3.99 wine that have a cork. Who are they trying to kid? Anyone buying $3.99 wine wants that thing screwed off ASAP.

(Before anyone asks, my wife likes to pour fizzy flavored water into her white wine so I'll be buggered if I'm going to spend more than that.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Bottles of $3.99 wine that have a cork. Who are they trying to kid? Anyone buying $3.99 wine wants that thing screwed off ASAP.

(Before anyone asks, my wife likes to pour fizzy flavored water into her white wine so I'll be buggered if I'm going to spend more than that.)

Can't remember the last time I saw wine with a cork in The UK. 

It's quite pleasant to go to forrin lands and remember corks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Turning wine into water, the antichrist.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just gone to the wine rack 9 bottles 5 with corks including a Prosecco which always has corks

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Just gone to the wine rack 9 bottles 5 with corks including a Prosecco which always has corks

Must buy posh wine then 

leonardo-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

The 19 Crimes chardonnay has corks, which slightly surprised me. 

Corks and screw tops have nothing to do with the quality of the wine. But the association remains. Like the thought bottled beer is superior to cans when the opposite is true.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lidl always seems to have wine with corks, I assume because they source it from the continent.  I can't imagine France going over to screwtops too gladly.

People who squeeze loaves of bread in the supermarket to gauge 'freshness' - can you really tell the difference? 

It's not as if these people have the digits of a brain surgeon. Most of them have fat sausage fingers and an IQ of a panda. 

7 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Like the thought bottled beer is superior to cans when the opposite is true.

Nothing will convince me of that. I hate canned beer, and will only drink it in an emergency (i.e. nothing else available). 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

You need to get out more, Plenty of bottles have corks.

We had a nice bottle of contino reserva roija last night with a steak - the bottle had a cork.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Nothing will convince me of that. I hate canned beer, and will only drink it in an emergency (i.e. nothing else available). 

That is just in your head/ force of habit.

Â