Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

What's the difference between a cappucino and a latte?  Is it just that they're served in different cups?

Volume of milk (there's more in a latte) and preparation.

I thinK latte is hot milk with coffee added to it.

Cappucino is the coffee with the milk sort of floating on top.

I quite like the Cortado that Costa do at the moment, it's basically an espresso with a little warm milk added (so not unlike a macchiato).

But I have to order it in a larger cup than they want to give it in, so that it fits in my cup holder. This in turn freaks them out, they see a big cup and feel the need to keep filling it.

How did natural food evolve to taste good and how does the good tasting stuff get selected for. You'd have thought the bad tastes would have had a better chance of surving. Or is it just that our taste has evolved to like it.

How did natural food evolve to taste good and how does the good tasting stuff get selected for. You'd have thought the bad tastes would have had a better chance of surving. Or is it just that our taste has evolved to like it.

The good tasting stuff gets farmed.

• Like 1

Both and neither depending on the species involved. When you say "You'd", I guess you mean "I'd" :)

PS. food doesn't evolve, it just goes green when other things grow on it.

• Like 1

Being eaten is good for fruit and veg. The eater moves around and shits out the seeds in new areas, complete with its own fertiliser.

yup, the squidgy sweet fruit of a blackberry isn't for the baby plant seed to eat

Another series of dragons den on tonight, other than the reggae ssuce bloke, in 10 years has anything been a success off the back of that show?

The couple from Worcester with their stickon whiteboard things.

And Trunkis (though they didn't get an investment).

Well I woudln't eat them over normal noodles in normal circumstances. But they're a good way to beef up a meal with pretty much zero calories.

They make an extra protein variation too

Doctors have been telling us to drink 8 glasses of gravy a day. Just drink a couple more. That's gotta help with the beefing up, right? 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â