Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Hate the guy, by all means. But at least hate him accurately.

Didn't know there were rules governing HOW I should hate anyone. You love him fine.....have him back then

In that case Denis, I hate you because you're in cahoots with shoe-bomber Richard Reid.

It doesn't matter if the above is true or not, does it?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa was a failure at plop. He's never impressed me at all.

I 100% agree. Winning the Champions League and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is a complet fail. :bang:

Never even looked like he could ever win the Prem. Champions league was a blip, lots of average managers have won that, if your at the right club, it's not a massive feat.

Man Utd 38 28 6 4 68 24 44 90

Liverpool 38 25 11 2 77 27 50 86

Not too far behind.... I'm pretty sure they were top for a logn while too.

He looks like the headmaster from Saved by the Bell, but other than that, I have no major issues with him.
What, Rafa? I think I've said this before but he looks a bit like my dad. :lol:

What was your dad doing in the mid 90's?

He looks like the headmaster from Saved by the Bell, but other than that, I have no major issues with him.

Eh? :? :P

Starring in a crappy American teen drama?

I tell you what I have never seen so many rediculous posts in one thread, ive just been listening to talksport on the way home and the guy on there summed it up,

any avfc fan who thinks we are going to attract ancelotti, deschamps, rijkaard etc is bark raving mad, either that or your living in the past. I mean come on, we are NOT a top 6 team now, we got close under Oneil and we could not make the next step.

It really annoys me at this club how many fickle fans we have, they are exactly the ones who dont give a single manager 2 weeks let alone 2 years at our club and ultimately that is our down fall... In one way I hope McClaren gets the job so these fickle fans that want to hand in there season ticket can because there the type we dont need in the ground creating an atmosphere so shit that no one would want to stay around... rant over :D

On to relistic matters, its going to be one of the following four more than likely so I suggest we start looking at the positives in these guys maybe?;

Hughes

Martinez

McClaren

Coyle

theres an outside chance it might be Moyes or Benitez or possibly even someone else we havnt though of.. but comeon, lets be a bit more realistic guys..

Delusional and incoherent rant hiding behind what's 'realistic' with a stab at your own fans in the process. Try to think for yourself rather than bandwagon the thoughts of people on talksport who's very occupations are to talk a load of outrageous shite to facilitate income via CALLERS.

It's about time we employed someone with tangible credentials rather than an 'up-and'comer' because the consenus of the pundit world thinks they did a good job getting 14th or avoiding relegation at a shit club the previous year.

1) Don't like the smarmy git

2) Lost the plot totally towards the end at Plop

3) Shit and got sacked in Italy

4) won the ECL with GH team

5) Had his best time with a number 2 he pissed off to the extent he left.....end it went downhill from there

6) Eventried to get him back but failed, he realised it was a mistake.

7) Still don't like him!

Oh look. More ill-informed, poorly-researched nonsense.

And the last thing I need is a lecture off you!

Sorry Redman but i agree with Denis (anybody with a name like that is a legend) it is not il-informed, it is our view. I happen to feel the same.

Rafa was a failure at plop. He's never impressed me at all.

I 100% agree. Winning the Champions League and finishing 2nd in the Premier League is a complet fail. :bang:

Never even looked like he could ever win the Prem. Champions league was a blip, lots of average managers have won that, if your at the right club, it's not a massive feat.

Man Utd 38 28 6 4 68 24 44 90

Liverpool 38 25 11 2 77 27 50 86

Not too far behind.... I'm pretty sure they were top for a logn while too.

They weren't going to do it, his tactics and selections let him down too often. He failed to produce consistency over his whole tenure.

I've not watched Saved By The Bell but I looked this guy up and he looks nothing like Rafa or my dad. :shock:

its absolute horseshit to say benitez won european cup with houlliers team. How far did Houllier get in the competition? You are aware Liverpool got to another final under Rafa? Houllier did not buy Carragher and Gerrard, he had the best backbone in english football.

I've not watched Saved By The Bell but I looked this guy up and he looks nothing like Rafa or my dad. :shock:

Spoilsport.

I have a hunch that Hughes isn't going far

People may have glossed/skipped over this post but I think Mr h is trying to say something here without saying something.

He's never claimed to be ITK but he does have a very close Chelsea connection, if I recall correctly.

Just sayin'

Rafa won the cl with houlliers team. As soon as he got his own players in it started to go downhill.

They finished 2nd oin the 08/09 SEASON. He took over in 04. :thumb:

Point being??

What were his other league finishes? Never for one minute did they look like actually winning the league when he was there, even that season they finished second.