Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That SkyItalia quote was from earlier today.. it was taken to say that Ancelotti is on his way to Villa - he's refused the job at Roma.

However who knows this is one mad rollercoaster.

F**ks sake Lerner - get a friend in that knows something about football, and for gods sake dont appoint Hughes.

Look how crap citeh were despite all the cash they spent, before Mancini took over. And Fulham have been dire on occasions to watch. As for Blackburn, a side without any finesse, and this is the man who signed warmcock before us.

Surely, a club with some pedigree, some money, and several repeated top six finishes til Faulkner/Lerner started interfering with the trainset and appointed Houllier can do much better than this.

Er Man City were 5th when Hughes was sacked . Where did they end up finishing that season under Mancini ? Yes thats right 5th.

Fulham were far from dire to watch from what i saw . Hughes sides are far from unattractive to watch.

Hughes decent manager and one who is still hungry and could do a good job here ...IF... it is him appointed

Mancini didn't have his own pre-season to splash out loads of millions, we were also above Hughes' City but below Mancini's city.

You see, there's always two sides.

just to say, if LAST season we had got hughes i would have thought it a decent signing due to circumstance

but due to our circumstances now, my thoughts are we can do better

and i am judging him on his history as a manager, not that he was a great forward or had a dodgy hair do.

moyes would be a good one, not a glamour manager but one who has got consistant top 8 finishes, better than hughes.

ancelotti and wilkins would be ideal, rijkaard would be interesting and exciting, deschamps i think is too much pie in the sky

but houllier came out of no where so who knows?

I do not know how much I would read into the Sky Italia news feed that people are translating into Ancelotti refusing us.

ASTON VILLA, SMENTITI I CONTATTI CON HUGHES CARLO ANCELOTTI HA RIFIUTATO L’INCARICO

While that can be one of the translations...another can be that rifiutato means deny as well in Italian. Feel free to challenge that if your a fluent speaker of the language. Either way, I do not think Ancelotti has turned us down just yet.

Typical Villa this is going to be a saga. Hughes to sign a new contract tomorrow then?

Why is it a saga, Houllier only left last night!?

Jesus get a grip people.

I said is going to be a saga... didn't say it was

Not saying an appointment should have been made straight away but its not like they've had no time over the last couple of months to identify who they want.