Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F**ks sake Lerner - get a friend in that knows something about football, and for gods sake dont appoint Hughes.

Look how crap citeh were despite all the cash they spent, before Mancini took over. And Fulham have been dire on occasions to watch. As for Blackburn, a side without any finesse, and this is the man who signed warmcock before us.

Surely, a club with some pedigree, some money, and several repeated top six finishes til Faulkner/Lerner started interfering with the trainset and appointed inspector clueless can do much better than this.

Win Percentages

O'Neill at Aston Villa - 42.11%

Houllier at Villa - 39.00%

Mark Hughes

Blackburn Rovers - 43.62%

Manchester City - 46.75%

Fulham - 32.56% (A lot of draws lower percentage)

?

so his last club his win ratio is less than either MON or houllier

great

and to be fair about it lets also include the stats for MON and houllier at their previous clubs

without proper calculation i see

houllier averages a win ratio around 52.5% including his villa reign his points per game is 1.82

Wheres this from?

In 33 games under Houllier and GMac we won 10 league games in 33 a 30% win ratio. If you take out the 5 games that GMac was in charge then in 28 league games under Houllier we won 8 a 28% win ratio.

I presume the other calculation includes cup games which shouldn't be used for working out points per game ratios. Houlllier/Gmacs points per game ratio was 1.24 taking out the 5 games GMac was in charge on his own it was 1.17.

where are the figures from? you mean the FACTS?

try somewhere like soccerbase, as they are facts they will be around the internet on reliable places.

the facts are how many games each manager was in charge as manager of the club, it doesnt specify if GH went to the toilet at half time, if it were a cup game, if it was raining.

it also does'nt help people who are clasping at straws to pretend hughes is better than he is.

does that help you?

Of course it is just speculation. Having said that, It was Sky Italia who got everyone's hopes up when they suggested that Ancelotti was due to choose Villa earlier in the day. I guess whatever they say is far from gospel...

However, I have faith in Kendrick; he never seems to be wrong...So when he stated earlier that Ancelotti was on the radar and we haven't heard anything from him as of yet; I will still believe that it is still a possibility. But, if Hughes comes, I won't be disgruntled.

F**ks sake Lerner - get a friend in that knows something about football, and for gods sake dont appoint Hughes.

Look how crap citeh were despite all the cash they spent, before Mancini took over. And Fulham have been dire on occasions to watch. As for Blackburn, a side without any finesse, and this is the man who signed warmcock before us.

Surely, a club with some pedigree, some money, and several repeated top six finishes til Faulkner/Lerner started interfering with the trainset and appointed Houllier can do much better than this.

Er Man City were 5th when Hughes was sacked . Where did they end up finishing that season under Mancini ? Yes thats right 5th.

Fulham were far from dire to watch from what i saw . Hughes sides are far from unattractive to watch.

Hughes decent manager and one who is still hungry and could do a good job here ...IF... it is him appointed