Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that Randy appoints a manager by tomorrow and stops all our stresses over who is next.

Mr Lerner if you reading this PULL YOUR FINGER OUT.

what the hell??

we've only had a manager vacancy for about 24 hours.

it takes time to employ people, especially such important positions paying £2-3mill a year.

heck, it takes me over a week to employ an admin bod on £15k.

I believe everyone knew Houlier would not return after his heart scare and the ball has been rolling since May, we need a manager fast if we intend on keeping Downing and a few other players who have a massive itch.

I think Houlliers lawyers would be in there like a shot if they found out we were hiring a new manager before agreeing a departure with the old one.

Nothing wrong with managing multiple prem clubs, it all adds up to an experienced man at the hem.

Hughes will work his Months notice of June so if he is appointed he will be in at the end of June, avfc's target incidently!

One thing is certain, if Hughes comes in and does well at Villa he will **** off to a better job at the first opportunity.

I agree.

If he comes to Villa, then he will have managed a quarter of the Premier league teams in his 7 years in management.

Er...you mean a fifth? Anyway, I can't see him having any more loyalty to Villa than he's had to any of the others.

But Hughes is better then Houllier.

Time will tell, I would certainly be happier with the appointment of Hughes than I was with Houllier, ambitious young British manager who will have money to spend should he come. He has Premier League experience as well, its not like this is his first big managerial role, I would be happy be Hughes.

One thing is certain, if Hughes comes in and does well at Villa he will **** off to a better job at the first opportunity.

Aren't many better jobs for him. I agree with you that he would f*** off at any opportunity to further himself, but look at what's realistically available.

Top 4- ain't gonna happen, not after what he did with the funds and numerous draws at City.

Everton- you're a bigger club and they're skint anyway.

Liverpool- they have Kenny and would look to a foreigner before Hughes.

Only place I could see is Spurs, and when they lose their top players, they'll be mid-table, and I don't think their club is bigger than Villa.

If Hughes keeps you about 6th-8th I could see him managing Villa for 20 years.

Hughes to Chelsea and Carlo to villa would make my day would be dancing around if that happened but just see Hughes as a far more viable option to Carlo, he could set up a big thing with villa let's just see what happens.

I say a week till we will know for sure and think Hughes may well have just shot himself in the foot unless he knows something we don't ????????

I think Ancelotti will be off to Roma.

I also think the new Premier League managers will be this:

Villa - Hughes

Fulham - Jol

Chelsea - Hiddink

QPR - MON (they'll get rid of Warnock sometime)

:evil:

I think Ancelotti will be off to Roma.

I also think the new Premier League managers will be this:

Villa - Hughes

Fulham - Jol

Chelsea - Hiddink

QPR - MON (they'll get rid of Warnock sometime)

:evil:

Fulham - MON more like hehehehehehehe

How we would laugh

i'd laugh & cry at the same time.

Hughes will get us 6th next year, and 5th the year after that.

a solid appointment with potential to do really well

then after finishing 5th he would quit and join the next club bigger spurs, or liverpool

he has no loyalty and i cant see him sticking around longer than 2-3 years

Would getting Hughes in be an admission to getting the last appointment wrong?

He was available when looking before.

No he wasn't, he had already joined Fulham!

Did anyone else listen to Pat Murphy on Five Live? Like I said earlier, didn't sound like Hughes was Lerner's number one choice to me.