Do you think the England manager should be English?

TRS-T

Do you think that the England manager should be English?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the England manager should be English?

• Yes, without a doubt
    • Should be the best man for the job regardless of nationality
    • No, English managers aren't good enough

I don't care as long as they are not gay, black or female.

black? what do you mean?

Haha I like the way you only questioned one of the three. Like it was ok to be prejudice towards the other two groups.

I think he was taking the piss by the way...

The argument is should England, one of the larger footballing nations, have a foreign manager. You don't see it in Italy, Germany, Spain etc. (to my knowledge).

Nope. Germany tend to go with the German manager/non German players option instead. Their top goalscorer and guy who nearly broke Ronaldo's world cup record is Mirsoslav Klose, a Polish guy who speaks Polish when he is at home with his wife and kids. Lukas Podolski, a player pushing 100 caps and 50 goals for the German national team at the tender age of 26 is another Polish guy with a Polish wife who speaks Polish at home and has chosen to raise his kids with Polish as their first language. But at least Germany dont have a foreign manager.

I did find it beautiful in the GERMAN 2006 World Cup the GERMAN side had not one striker born in Germany. Podolski, Kuranyi, Klose, Asamoah and Neuville. Add to that Cacau as well... to say the Germans are some shining example is laughable.

I did find it beautiful in the GERMAN 2006 World Cup the GERMAN side had not one striker born in Germany. Podolski, Kuranyi, Klose, Asamoah and Neuville. Add to that Cacau as well... to say the Germans are some shining example is laughable.

Mike Hanke was born in Germany ;)

Mike Hanke was born in Germany ;)

He was born in West Germany ;) Also he's shit and doesn't count. :P

The argument is should England, one of the larger footballing nations, have a foreign manager. You don't see it in Italy, Germany, Spain etc. (to my knowledge).

Brazil - Mano Menezes (Brazilian)

Italy - Cesare Prandelli (Italian)

Germany - Joachim Löw (German)

Argentina - Alejandro Sabella (Argentinian)

France - Laurent Blanc (French)

Spain - Vicente del Bosque (Spanish)

Holland - Bert van Marwijk (Dutch)

Uruguay - Óscar Tabárez (Uruguayan)

Portugal - Paulo Bento (Portuguese)

England - Fabio Capello (Italian) :oops:

To be fair though the teams you've listed, bar perhaps France, are world class teams. England are very much second tier and as such should be bracketed with your Russia's (managed by a Dutchman) & Greece's (managed by a Portuguese).

Nah mate, England are top tier.

In club terms we would be a Top 4 club, Russia and the like would be a Europa League club.

To be fair though the teams you've listed, bar perhaps France, are world class teams. England are very much second tier and as such should be bracketed with your Russia's (managed by a Dutchman) & Greece's (managed by a Portuguese).

Well, 2 of those teams we are currently above in the FIFA Rankings. Until it was reshuffled a couple of weeks ago (when England dropped 4 places despite winning our last 2 games.. :-/ ) we were above all bar 3 of them.

England might seemingly continually break our hearts, but we are always potentially tournament winners, which makes us a top tier team. You'd never go into a tournament saying Russia or Greece have a chance of winning (Euro 2004 doesn't count).

Nope. Germany tend to go with the German manager/non German players option instead. Their top goalscorer and guy who nearly broke Ronaldo's world cup record is Mirsoslav Klose, a Polish guy who speaks Polish when he is at home with his wife and kids. Lukas Podolski, a player pushing 100 caps and 50 goals for the German national team at the tender age of 26 is another Polish guy with a Polish wife who speaks Polish at home and has chosen to raise his kids with Polish as their first language. But at least Germany dont have a foreign manager.

How do you know Podoski and Klose speak Polish at home with their wife and kids? Also how do you know Podolski has chosen to raise his kids with Polish as their first language? Also I think Germany have only ever had 7 players play for them who were not born in Germany, which is not many. Probably less then England and Holland with all the Surinamese born players they have had over the years.

Brazil - Mano Menezes (Brazilian)

Italy - Cesare Prandelli (Italian)

Germany - Joachim Löw (German)

Argentina - Alejandro Sabella (Argentinian)

France - Laurent Blanc (French)

Spain - Vicente del Bosque (Spanish)

Holland - Bert van Marwijk (Dutch)

Uruguay - Óscar Tabárez (Uruguayan)

Portugal - Paulo Bento (Portuguese)

England - Fabio Capello (Italian) :oops:

Nah mate, England are top tier.

In club terms we would be a Top 4 club, Russia and the like would be a Europa League club.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sure you are ;).

England are not top tier. England have only ever been to 1 major final. Compare that to the other European countries.

Germany: 13

Italy: 8

France: 4

Spain: 3

Holland: 4

In international terms England are on the same level as Portugal and Sweden

Disagree CarewsEyeBrowDesigner.

Had we thrown the kids in after the last World cup, or even before, we would probably be struggling to qualify for major tournaments. I think football fans up and down the country deserve to see us play in summer tournaments, and writing off the Euros for a long term aim seems a little over simplified. I can't honestly say I'd be happy to miss out on watching us in the next euros because we're looking further into the future.

I think the better option would be to keep the best of our youngsters in the U21's and bring them through together, like Germany did.

England are not top tier. England have only ever been to 1 major final. Compare that to the other European countries.

Then when you add in Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina - in terms of global standing England probably just about squeeze into the top eight.

No mate, we are top tier.

We have won the World Cup.

Holland have not. Portugal have not.

We are one of the big boys in international football.

We may not be as successful as Italy, Germany, France or Spain are we definitely up there with them.

Chelsea are not as successful as Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal but you would still class Chelsea as top tier.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sure you are ;).

Ireland would be like Bolton - a mid-table nation.

in your case then Notts Forest must be a top 4 team

England are a lower 2nd tier team and last world cup and Euros proved it

in your case then Notts Forest must be a top 4 team

England are a lower 2nd tier team and last world cup and Euros proved it

:lol:

We are top tier mate.

We have won the World Cup - not many nations can say that - only 5 in Europe of which we are one.

We have one of the strongest teams in European and world football.

Top tier nations - Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, France, Spain, England, Uruguay, Holland, Portugal

Second tier nations - Ghana, Russia, Croatia, Sweden, Ivory Coast, Japan etc

Â