Do you think the England manager should be English?

TRS-T

Do you think that the England manager should be English?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the England manager should be English?

• Yes, without a doubt
    • Should be the best man for the job regardless of nationality
    • No, English managers aren't good enough

England are always built up to be something they are not, they are always in amongst the favourites for any tournament they manage to qualify for and they always never live up to the hype

That's only in this country. I can't see any people outside of England holding the team in high regard.

I think the other big nations would regard us as a dangerous side.

They wouldn't see us as an easy game I don't think...

I really dont think they do but keep believing ;). Last top team you beat in competitive game was Turkey in 03 just after they came 3rd in World Cup and even that be a stretch calling them a great team

I really dont think they do but keep believing ;). Last top team you beat in competitive game was Turkey in 03 just after they came 3rd in World Cup and even that be a stretch calling them a great team

So you think the other big nations see us as an easy game?

I think they see us as a dangerous side who could be dark horses but they probably would be quietly confident of beating us.

wouldnt say easy but not that much of a threat. England were in easiest group of last world cup and were appalling. They will be respected thats it

I think they see us as a dangerous side who could be dark horses but they probably would be quietly confident of beating us.

why would a team you call one of Europes Top 4 be seen as dark horses?

wouldnt say easy but not that much of a threat. England were in easiest group of last world cup and were appalling. They will be respected thats it

why would a team you call one of Europes Top 4 be seen as dark horses?

Maybe not dark horses but have the potential to win it even though it is unlikely...

An English manager has never won the Premier League. Funny that.

A foreign manager has never won the World Cup. Funny that.

I'm talking about the supposed ENGLISH Premier League...

Woy was never given enough time at Liverpool, but the less said about their 'one of our own' bullshit the better.

As things stand, Redknapp is Engerlands only option if they want to do the 'English job for English people!' route.

I think they should have a go at an ex-player with experienced no.2.

Shearer/Keegan, for example, would be hilarious.

How many English managers have had the chance at one of the big clubs?

It seems that moderate sucess at a foreign club seems to be a good enough criteria to hire a manager, yet moderate sucess at an English club isn't.

Exactly.

If you gave Big Sam the Man Utd job I would expect him to win the league.

You can't however expect him to win the league with Bolton or Blackburn.

Sam what did you do at Newcastle when you had a bigger budget. This was a ambitious Newcastle as well.

If Allardyce was so good he wouldnt be at West Ham

Sam what did you do at Newcastle when you had a bigger budget. This was a ambitious Newcastle as well.

If Allardyce was so good he wouldnt be at West Ham

He got sacked when he was 11th mate.

They then went on to get relegated.

Big Sam has been a success everywhere he has been.

If he were to get a job at one of the biggest clubs in the country (Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) I'm sure he would be a success there as well.

He had a job at Newcastle who had ambitions like Villa at the time and spent money on rubbish players. They were 11th playing awful football. They also went down 18 months later so not like they automatically went down as he left.

Also he was the only manager to lose to Derby that season in the league

Allardyce, much like Hodgson, was hounded out of the job before he had a chance to build his team, due to a reactionary fan base who didn't take to him at all because he wasn't 'one of their own'.

Then again I'm a big believer in giving managers time, and I also think once the season is underway, you shouldn't be able to sack them until the season is over. If they **** up, well, you should've done your homework ;)

This is a discussion for another day however.

Â