dudevillaisnice

So, it seems like Everton are struggling with injuries again, i read a report that they had 11 players missing for the game against Benfica last night.

Yes, they've got their injury problems but still put out a decent team last night - only the youngster Coleman was without any real competitive experice. (Rodwell and Gosling have been involved for a while now)

Everton

* 24 Howard

* 02 Hibbert

* 15 Distin

* 31 Coleman

* 07 Bilyaletdinov (Saha 60 yellow card)

* 17 Cahill

* 19 Gosling

* 25 Fellaini

* 26 Rodwell

* 11 Jo

* 22 Yakubu (Baxter 71)

Yes, but you also fail to note how many were playing out of position, and how vulnerable it made our defence.

your managers decisions though...

he had the players to play in correct positions... rodwell is a centre back, hibbert a right back, and gosling is a midfielder... put them in their correct positions, and you only have 21 year old coleman playing at left back instead of right back...

and tbh, to protect him, you would have been better off playing him at right back, and moving hibbert to left back, as he has more experience...

injuries were not an excuse for us, nor was the size of our squad, so it isnt for your lot either...

So, it seems like Everton are struggling with injuries again, i read a report that they had 11 players missing for the game against Benfica last night.

Yes, they've got their injury problems but still put out a decent team last night - only the youngster Coleman was without any real competitive experice. (Rodwell and Gosling have been involved for a while now)

Everton

* 24 Howard

* 02 Hibbert

* 15 Distin

* 31 Coleman

* 07 Bilyaletdinov (Saha 60 yellow card)

* 17 Cahill

* 19 Gosling

* 25 Fellaini

* 26 Rodwell

* 11 Jo

* 22 Yakubu (Baxter 71)

Yes, but you also fail to note how many were playing out of position, and how vulnerable it made our defence.

your managers decisions though...

he had the players to play in correct positions... rodwell is a centre back, hibbert a right back, and gosling is a midfielder... put them in their correct positions, and you only have 21 year old coleman playing at left back instead of right back...

and tbh, to protect him, you would have been better off playing him at right back, and moving hibbert to left back, as he has more experience...

injuries were not an excuse for us, nor was the size of our squad, so it isnt for your lot either...

Rodwell is not a CB, he's not played there for 3 years in a competitive level game. He played there in pre season twice and was an absolute disgrace so there was no chance of him going there. Yeah, playing Coleman on his debut directly against Di Maria would of been a genius idea too wouldn't it?

If you notice, Moyes didn't use it as an excuse (neither did I), unlike other teams who complain with 2 or 3 players out, so get your facts straight, thanks.

my facts are fine...

rodwell is a centre back and will be put back there in a few years when he has matured... whether he is a crap centre back or not, is irrelivent... he is a centre back who could have played there instead of a right back, moving a midfielder to right back and another right back to left back for his debut...

speaking of coleman, it certainly was a genius idea putting him out of position against a top european side in a 5-0 hammering for his debut, wasnt it?

you mentioned the players playing out of position sweetheart... i merely offered an alternative viewpoint...

my facts are fine...

rodwell is a centre back and will be put back there in a few years when he has matured... whether he is a crap centre back or not, is irrelivent... he is a centre back who could have played there instead of a right back, moving a midfielder to right back and another right back to left back for his debut...

speaking of coleman, it certainly was a genius idea putting him out of position against a top european side in a 5-0 hammering for his debut, wasnt it?

you mentioned the players playing out of position sweetheart... i merely offered an alternative viewpoint...

Seriously, don't **** patronise me by calling me sweetheart, its pathetic.

No, Rodwells has only been mentioned as a CB merely for the fact he used to play there when he was a kid. He is a midfielder, ask him yourself, he will tell you he is a midfielder, even said it in an interview the other day.

We had to put a team out, Hibbert to CB was the most obvious option as he played there in the last game and was our next most experienced defender. Then the only REAL choices we had for full back positions were Coleman and Gosling, hence put the more natural defender (Coleman) over to the other side as a less natural defender would struggle on the opposite side of the pitch than their most natural foot to kick with.

Oh, and I was sayin bout your "using injuries for an excuse" which neither Moyes nor I have! The only thing I have said is that we had 11 out and I would of fancied us with a full team out, not blaming the result on the injuries.

Oh and Kurt, what was the team youse had out when youse lost to the RS 5 nil last season? Pretty strong, yeah? :winkold:

*awiats the "we only had 10 men"*

my facts are fine...

Seriously they aren't..

Rodwell is never in a million years a CB.

Oh and Kurt, what was the team youse had out when youse lost to the RS 5 nil last season? Pretty strong, yeah? :winkold:

We were shit, we don't have a problem admitting that. But take a visit to the Everton forums and it's all "We had kids playing, everyone was out of position!". The excuses thing gets a bit old really, people playing out of position shouldn't make that much difference.

Oh, we did only have 10 men though. :winkold:

We were shit, we don't have a problem admitting that. But take a visit to the Everton forums and it's all "We had kids playing, everyone was out of position!". The excuses thing gets a bit old really, people playing out of position shouldn't make that much difference.

Even I don't read Everton forums!! :lol:

Oh and for the record, apart from 5-10 minutes of madness, I don't think we did that bad... :|

Even I don't read Everton forums!! :lol:

Oh and for the record, apart from 5-10 minutes of madness, I don't think we did that bad... :|

Read the first sentence of my previous post. :lol:

Maybe you weren't shit, but you were poor. Maybe they just made you look that bad.

Read the first sentence of my previous post. :lol:

Maybe you weren't shit, but you were poor. Maybe they just made you look that bad.

I know :lol:

But seriously, for the first half I thought we were still totally in it and had got caught out with a quality cross from Di Maria and a good/flukey (;)) finish from Saviola.

Then we had like a total collapse for the 10 minutes after half time when our defence decided to disappear, then we gave up and the game was played at walking pace.

I know :lol:

But seriously, for the first half I thought we were still totally in it and had got caught out with a quality cross from Di Maria and a good/flukey (;)) finish from Saviola.

Then we had like a total collapse for the 10 minutes after half time when our defence decided to disappear, then we gave up and the game was played at walking pace.

Yeah, there's no way Saviola meant that.

Would have been interesting to see how the game went if you did had you not gone so far behind. Maybe we'll see in 10 days time.

Gotta deal with another 2 away games in 3 days first, with only Heitinga and Neill coming back, and Bilyaletdinov and Yakubu out (supposedly)

I give up :lol:

Is there something wrong with the way you conduct your medicals or something? You either have a fetish for injury prone players or you are are doing something wrong somewhere. I feel like it's the same thing every year with you guys. It can't all be down to bad luck surely?

What do you think your line up will be against us AG?

Whoever is fit :lol:

Dunno what it is, as I say, most are injured in tackles and the rest are just freak injuries like torn cruciates/achilles, its crazy.

Â