dudevillaisnice

shouldnt carragher be done for that somehow?

well, other than reveal himself to be a bit of a scumbag with dodgy mates, he hasn't done or said anyhting wrong/illegal there.

It just makes him look like a prick, which we all knew already anyway.

Oh and for the benefit of TrentVilla...quote from an Ajax fan.

I'd say though that he'd be a pretty good buy for you guys, he seems rights for the Premier League. He's fast, incredible headstrong despite his length of 180cm (better than Vermaelen for instance) and he has a good long pass. Think is that he sometimes has a moment of loss of concentration, which sometimes resulted in a slip up. I'd say he's generally a lot like Vermaelen and on a good day I'd rate him even higher. I wouldn't use him as a rightback though, but as a central defender I'd say he'd fit right in for Everton. Also, he scores 3-6 times a year which is pretty good for a defender.

Well, I'm suitably impressed with his 180cm length.

Whats up with Fellaini he seems to have had a severe drop of form.

He had a blood virus or somethin over the summer ( :? ) and lost like over a stone in weight or something. To be fair to Fellaini, he completely changed the game when he came on against Wigan.

Still no excuse, whole team has been poor so far. Baines in particular looks a shadow of the player in the 2nd half of last season.

He had a blood virus or somethin over the summer ( :? ) and lost like over a stone in weight or something. To be fair to Fellaini, he completely changed the game when he came on against Wigan.

Still no excuse, whole team has been poor so far. Baines in particular looks a shadow of the player in the 2nd half of last season.

Perhaps the squad all get on the piss over the summer and it takes them until december to get fit again? Might explaing the good team spirit in the squad??

Perhaps the squad all get on the piss over the summer and it takes them until december to get fit again? Might explaing the good team spirit in the squad??

:lol:

Wouldn't surprise me!

Lucas Neill's a good signing for Everton. I was saying on an Aussie forum a few days ago he seemed to be pissing his career down the drain in a world cup year simply because he had an over inflated sense of his own worth.

Sounds like he has seen the penny drop somewhat and landed himself at a very good club in the process. Aussie papers are suggesting 35-40k a week.

Sorry AG but the views of some randow Ajax fan do nothing to change my views on Hetinga, I make my own judgements on players rather than others especially those I don't know. For instance there are plenty of rather amazing assesments of players by posters on here that I wouldn't place any value in, so for the time being I stand by my prediction that he isn't cut out for CB in the Prem.

As for Lucas Neill under the circumstances I can understand why Moyes has gone for him but I don't believe for one minute he has got him for the low wages (low by Neill standards) simply because of his mate being there. I think given the frustrations Moyes has suffered in the market this summer and the form you have shown this season I think circumstances may have encouraged or forced him to have a change of heart on this matter.

Lets not forget Neill turned down the chance to win things with Liverpool to go to West Ham for money so I simply don't believe he has turned down other CL clubs for less money because of Cahill, it simply doesn't add up.

Sorry AG but the views of some randow Ajax fan do nothing to change my views on Hetinga, I make my own judgements on players rather than others especially those I don't know. For instance there are plenty of rather amazing assesments of players by posters on here that I wouldn't place any value in, so for the time being I stand by my prediction that he isn't cut out for CB in the Prem.

As for Lucas Neill under the circumstances I can understand why Moyes has gone for him but I don't believe for one minute he has got him for the low wages (low by Neill standards) simply because of his mate being there. I think given the frustrations Moyes has suffered in the market this summer and the form you have shown this season I think circumstances may have encouraged or forced him to have a change of heart on this matter.

Lets not forget Neill turned down the chance to win things with Liverpool to go to West Ham for money so I simply don't believe he has turned down other CL clubs for less money because of Cahill, it simply doesn't add up.

Did I say it was JUST because of that? No, so don't be put words in my mouth.

We all know the only reason Moyes has gone for him because of the injury to Neville, it made sense.

Oh and I only put the bit about Heitinga because it was someone who had seen him play over a number of years for Ajax. Of course your entitled to your opinion, I was just showing I wasn't the only one who had the opinion I do.

We all know the only reason Moyes has gone for him because of the injury to Neville, it made sense.

Which is why I don't believe the numbers flying around about his wages. Neill has the upper hand here. The transfer market is shut, Moyes can't buy anyone to replace Neville, Moyes is the one of need. It just doesn't make sense for Neill to lower his wages, if anything he would higher than knowing that Moyes needs him.

Oh and I only put the bit about Heitinga because it was someone who had seen him play over a number of years for Ajax. Of course your entitled to your opinion, I was just showing I wasn't the only one who had the opinion I do.

I think the problem with the Ajax quote wasn't the opinion that was held by the Ajax fan, but the fact that he would have seen him play for Ajax alot, not in Spain where he would really be tested. Just look at Afonso Alves when he switched over. A more fitting comparison for your lot would be van der Meyde. I'm sure Ajax fans would have given him raving reviews on his move to Everton, based on his Ajax days. But like Heitinga, went to a top side and flopped. He may not go the same way as van der Meyde, it's not a given.

I for one hope Heitinga plays against us, I think Gabby would certainly have the upper hand in terms of ariel ability, strength and pace.

I never attempted or indended to put words in you mouth AG so chill out a little.

I didn't say the signing of Neill didn't make any sense, it makes perfect sense even if I'm not a huge fan of him as a player.

As for the bit about Heitinga, as I already said I make my own mind up on players. The guy may have seen him play lots of times but as I already said people on here have seen Villa players play plenty of times and I don't automatically share their views on players either.

I also already said I don't place any great store in him having played CB for Ajax in the Dutch league because I don't think much of the standard in that division especially when he was playing one of if not the best side in the league at that time. Its akin to saying Maloney was a good player because of what he did at Celtic but he still failed in this league.

Bouma played CB successfully in Holland but I don't think he could in this league and I remain unconvienced that Heitinga will be a success either. I have no crystal ball though, I may be wrong it is just my opinion I'm sorry if you don't like it, its not intended to put your back up but some comments from a random Ajax fan I don't know doesn't change it.

Which is why I don't believe the numbers flying around about his wages. Neill has the upper hand here. The transfer market is shut, Moyes can't buy anyone to replace Neville, Moyes is the one of need. It just doesn't make sense for Neill to lower his wages, if anything he would higher than knowing that Moyes needs him.

Aussie media, English media and other people all say around 75k Australian dollars a week - thats around 35-40k pounds.

I think the problem with the Ajax quote wasn't the opinion that was held by the Ajax fan, but the fact that he would have seen him play for Ajax alot, not in Spain where he would really be tested. Just look at Afonso Alves when he switched over. A more fitting comparison for your lot would be van der Meyde. I'm sure Ajax fans would have given him raving reviews on his move to Everton, based on his Ajax days. But like Heitinga, went to a top side and flopped. He may not go the same way as van der Meyde, it's not a given.

I for one hope Heitinga plays against us, I think Gabby would certainly have the upper hand in terms of ariel ability, strength and pace.

Ahh, but Van Der Meyde had already been reasonably successful over in Milan with inter...top league no? He had started to pick up injuries over there and came to us in the hope he could start over, the injuries carried on and several off the pitch incidents hindered his time here, as well as his performances and attitude. You use Van Der Meyde but you could quite easily look at Pienaar, he was quality at ajax, and moved over to Dortmund in Germany. He couldn;t settle, lots of pressure was put on him as a creative outlet for the recently departed Tomas Rosicky and he bummed out. Their fans don;t rate him at all. He came to us and now he is arguably one of our best players...

I was saying I would give Heitinga a chance, lots of players move to other countries and things don't work out, they don't settle or have bad form and a number of things contribute, but then they move and start afresh. It just depends what type of league suits that player. In Spain, he pointed out that everytime he went in for a tackle he was getting booked and it meant he had to stand off and leave himself vulnerable afterwards. I'm not going to write him off just because of one really poor season in Spain because I know he's proved his talent in the past, and I know that Moyes is renowned for bringing the best out of players. You's are fair enough entitiled to your opinions and I respect them, I just don't agree that you can write him off when he's not had a chance to prove himself here yet.

I never attempted or indended to put words in you mouth AG so chill out a little.

I didn't say the signing of Neill didn't make any sense, it makes perfect sense even if I'm not a huge fan of him as a player.

As for the bit about Heitinga, as I already said I make my own mind up on players. The guy may have seen him play lots of times but as I already said people on here have seen Villa players play plenty of times and I don't automatically share their views on players either.

I also already said I don't place any great store in him having played CB for Ajax in the Dutch league because I don't think much of the standard in that division especially when he was playing one of if not the best side in the league at that time. Its akin to saying Maloney was a good player because of what he did at Celtic but he still failed in this league.

Bouma played CB successfully in Holland but I don't think he could in this league and I remain unconvienced that Heitinga will be a success either. I have no crystal ball though, I may be wrong it is just my opinion I'm sorry if you don't like it, its not intended to put your back up but some comments from a random Ajax fan I don't know doesn't change it.

Jeeeezus, read my post above. I said your entitled to your opinion, but I just think it's unfair to write off his chances in this league before he's even had a chance to prove himself.

Aussie media, English media and other people all say around 75k Australian dollars a week - thats around 35-40k pounds.

Ahh, but Van Der Meyde had already been reasonably successful over in Milan with inter...top league no? He had started to pick up injuries over there and came to us in the hope he could start over, the injuries carried on and several off the pitch incidents hindered his time here, as well as his performances and attitude. You use Van Der Meyde but you could quite easily look at Pienaar, he was quality at ajax, and moved over to Dortmund in Germany. He couldn;t settle, lots of pressure was put on him as a creative outlet for the recently departed Tomas Rosicky and he bummed out. Their fans don;t rate him at all. He came to us and now he is arguably one of our best players...

I was saying I would give Heitinga a chance, lots of players move to other countries and things don't work out, they don't settle or have bad form and a number of things contribute, but then they move and start afresh. It just depends what type of league suits that player. In Spain, he pointed out that everytime he went in for a tackle he was getting booked and it meant he had to stand off and leave himself vulnerable afterwards. I'm not going to write him off just because of one really poor season in Spain because I know he's proved his talent in the past, and I know that Moyes is renowned for bringing the best out of players. You's are fair enough entitiled to your opinions and I respect them, I just don't agree that you can write him off when he's not had a chance to prove himself here yet.

I actually used van der Meyde as an example because I thought he was naff at Inter, really wasn't impressed.

As for Heitinga, I wouldn't say I've written him off yet, there's every chance he could become a good player in this league. But my initial thought is that he will struggle. In the Premier League I don't think you can afford to be a player that's okay at everything, but great at nothing, which is what I feel Heitinga is (If you want to be starting for a club with European aspirations). He isn't super strong, or quick, he's not great in the air for a defender. In saying that, he may become a Mr. Consistant type figure, never really putting in 9/10 displays, but always putting in 7-8/10 displays.

Jeeeezus, read my post above. I said your entitled to your opinion, but I just think it's unfair to write off his chances in this league before he's even had a chance to prove himself.

Why is it unfair to him? I don't know the guy my view on him doesn't affect him in anyway it is purely my opinion which in time will be proved right or wrong. Its certainly not unfair to him.

Please do not tell me you do not make judgements on players suitability to play in this division before they have actually do so.

I'm actually not bothered either way if he proves himself or not all I did was express an opinion which is what the game is all about.

Â