dudevillaisnice

Look on the bright side AG - Pienaar isn't far from returning. I imagine he will have a similar impact to Everton as Petrov's return did for us.

He isn't that good.

Yes he is. It's not a case of who's the better player - which obviously we are all going to think is Petrov - it's a case of how much he lifts the team and the players around him. It isn't necessarily your best player, just someone that gives the team a bit of confidence and offers something new.

The game against Wigan was just terrible for Everton.. not just the result, but the performance. They need something to boost the players and give them a kick up the arse, and Pienaars return could well be their answer for that.

He was playing in the lower leagues for Millwall quite late on in his career wasn't he?

About 5 years ago, maybe 6?

We were consistently linked to him when he was at Millwall. Really wish we'd followed up our interest.

He hasn't said anything of the sort there :? Just that he wants to play in Australia at the end of his contract. He's said he will retire about 35-36 anyway so it makes sense though. Jose Baxter is ready made replacement 8)

He hasn't said anything of the sort there :? Just that he wants to play in Australia at the end of his contract. He's said he will retire about 35-36 anyway so it makes sense though. Jose Baxter is ready made replacement 8)

The dog from Anchorman?

Really wish we'd followed up our interest.

i thought we did but couldn't afford the £2m asking price ..so brought Kinsella instead

You bid for Cahill after we had, he came to talk to us first, signed there and then and dropped in to Villa on the way back to apologise. That's what I have heard off different people.

Â