Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It would be suicide selling Bent IMO, if he decides he wants out you can't blame him, but if we have a choice in the matter he has to say, without Bent we're bereft of any idea on how to score. With a change in management the base of a very strong side is there and needs to be built around Bent and Ireland.

It would be suicide selling Bent IMO, if he decides he wants out you can't blame him, but if we have a choice in the matter he has to say, without Bent we're bereft of any idea on how to score. With a change in management the base of a very strong side is there and needs to be built around Bent and Ireland.

Here here. Any "fan" wanting rid is basically wanting us to score less.... :bang:

Sell Bent...sell Gabby...if we can haul in £30m for the pair i would be over the moon.

We may have to, we cannot afford to pay anybody over 40k per week realistcally.

Getting these two off the wage bill would save £3m a year if we replaced them with players on or around 40k per week.

There are much better players than Gabby about and dare I say it we get get a striker just as good as Bent too. The problem is our scouting network is bollocks and our current managers idea of a quality continental striker is Nikola Zigic.

We could afford to lose them both if we had somebody trustworthy in charge to replace them.

There are much better players than Gabby about and dare I say it we get get a striker just as good as Bent too.

First part your correct. the second shows your mad we havent had one as good as him for over 10 years.... where we going to find one that easy with no money?

There are much better players than Gabby about and dare I say it we get get a striker just as good as Bent too.

First part your correct. the second shows your mad we havent had one as good as him for over 10 years.... where we going to find one that easy with no money?

It is possible to do, you would have spend some of the 15m-20m you recouped on Bent.

You can get strikers for less money, look at Ba, look at Cisse, Look at Hernandez.

It is possible, I didnt say it would be easy. The fact is Bent was bought in to keep us up. we are not in a financial position to pay his wages. thats the bottom line

It is possible to do, you would have spend some of the 15m-20m you recouped on Bent.

You can get strikers for less money, look at Ba, look at Cisse, Look at Hernandez.

It is possible, I didnt say it would be easy. The fact is Bent was bought in to keep us up. we are not in a financial position to pay his wages. thats the bottom line

If his wages werent accounted for in the sale The Chairman and finance team should all go. why bring in a fabulous striker then sell him. Complete madness.

So youve namd 3 strikers there. As you can see it wont be easy. So why put ourselves in that position

If his wages werent accounted for in the sale The Chairman and finance team should all go. why bring in a fabulous striker then sell him. Complete madness.

So youve namd 3 strikers there. As you can see it wont be easy. So why put ourselves in that position

Bent was bought in to avoid relegation during Houlliers reign. he has served his purpose.

We were never going to build a team around him as he was a short term solution

Sell Bent...sell Gabby...if we can haul in £30m for the pair i would be over the moon.

We may have to, we cannot afford to pay anybody over 40k per week realistcally.

Getting these two off the wage bill would save £3m a year if we replaced them with players on or around 40k per week.

There are much better players than Gabby about and dare I say it we get get a striker just as good as Bent too. The problem is our scouting network is bollocks and our current managers idea of a quality continental striker is Nikola Zigic.

We could afford to lose them both if we had somebody trustworthy in charge to replace them.

Of course we can pay players above 40k a week. It's a case of getting rid of the players on high wages now and rebuilding the squad with far more sensible policy regarding wages.

Bent won't go to Liverpool unless they sell Carrol and i'm concerned that a swap will be offered to us.

I wouldn't take a straight swap, but would consider this with some additional cash thrown in with Carroll. His holdup play is superior to Bent, overall technique too, and he has the potential to get his share of poached goals. If we are going to persist with the long ball and isolating one up front, then Carroll would be a much better fit.

(ducks for cover)

I'll agree Carroll's a questionable character, but if Bent isn't happy and sulks he may not be much better.

Goals are important, but it's also goal difference that matters. Too often our defense is pinned back and we have no one as an outlet that can hold up play and let the rest push forward. Of course, there are other ways to improve that than just getting rid of Bent...

Â