Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If we get a new manager and get offered 24m, bite their hands off.

If we don't, do NOT give McLeish any money to waste.

I don't think McLeish will leave this Summer, Faulkner will made an absolute hash of it and sack him in November when we're bottom, wasting another season.

If we get a new manager and get offered 24m, bite their hands off.

If we don't, do NOT give McLeish any money to waste.

I don't think McLeish will leave this Summer, Faulkner will made an absolute hash of it and sack him in November when we're bottom, wasting another season.

even without signing anyone in the summer that isn't already announced, if we were to line up with zoggy, ireland and holman feeding him, i can see bent scoring goals for fun next year.

two real wingers and a genuine attacking midfielder is what he didn't have all season, playing in front of heskey, gabby, delph, petrov, herd, clark etc.

if we get a new manager who can get us playing some attacking football again, i can see db9 smiling again at villa park...

even without signing anyone in the summer that isn't already announced, if we were to line up with zoggy, ireland and holman feeding him, i can see bent scoring goals for fun next year.

i wouldn't be averse to taking martinez's 3-4-3 approach and lining up something like this, though maybe with a more senior player than herd in there, and a replacement for albrighton, a new lm and possibly a new starting cb. that said, it's far too attacking for mcleish...

-----------------------given---------------------

----lichaj-------------dunne----------clark----

albrighton-------herd-----ireland------new lm

----------holman-----bent----nzogbia---------

If I was in Bent's shoes you wouldn't see me for dust. England striker, one of the most prolific ever in the league... why the **** would you want to stay at Villa right now? Our only goal now seems to be not getting relegated, Liverpool might be a mess but compared to us they look like Barcelona. We're an entirely different club to what we were when he joined.

If I was in Bent's shoes you wouldn't see me for dust. England striker, one of the most prolific ever in the league... why the **** would you want to stay at Villa right now? Our only goal now seems to be not getting relegated, Liverpool might be a mess but compared to us they look like Barcelona. We're an entirely different club to what we were when he joined.

Agreed. Bent must be wondering what he got himself into.

Sell Bent...sell Gabby...if we can haul in £30m for the pair i would be over the moon.

Great! Then we could use the money to buy a whole team of Alan Huttons and Karl Henrys.

Exactly. Unless we had a fantastic manager who was brilliant in the transfer market, selling Bent would be insane. Besides, even if we did get £30m for the pair of them I'm not so sure Randy would allow that all to be spent on players.

If Bent decides he wants to leave it would be hard for us to keep him, of course. Wouldn't blame him either. But anyone who thinks selling him would benefit the club should be locked away in a padded cell.

Sell Bent...sell Gabby...if we can haul in £30m for the pair i would be over the moon.

Great! Then we could use the money to buy a whole team of Alan Huttons and Karl Henrys.

Exactly. Unless we had a fantastic manager who was brilliant in the transfer market, selling Bent would be insane. Besides, even if we did get £30m for the pair of them I'm not so sure Randy would allow that all to be spent on players.

If Bent decides he wants to leave it would be hard for us to keep him, of course. Wouldn't blame him either. But anyone who thinks selling him would benefit the club should be locked away in a padded cell.

Wellsedsah.

I suggested much earlier in the season (probably in this thread) that I would reluctantly be prepared to sell Bent if it meant that we could get rid of McLeish and then reinvest at least some of the remaining money (maybe £10-15m) in another striker.

If that were the only way we could afford to bin McLeish, would people be in favour now?

No, sell Gabby instead.

That wasn't an option because you wouldn't have the money from it to sack McLeish, pay compo on a new manager, give some money back to Randy and still leave cash for a new striker. I'm not sure we'd get more than £8m for Gabby.

Â