Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think next season if McLeish stays and Bent stays, we could still go down.

If McLeish goes and we get a decent manager in but Bent goes too...I think we would have more chance of staying up, even if less than half of the Bent money got reinvested in a new striker.

I have said all along Bent is the biggest asset at the club.
I think the owner and manager probably agree with you

Given how Lerner is cutting his cloth, would you say selling Bent is the best way to rebuild the squad?

Nope. And certainly not under this clown of a manager

I think next season if McLeish stays and Bent stays, we could still go down.

If McLeish goes and we get a decent manager in but Bent goes too...I think we would have more chance of staying up, even if less than half of the Bent money got reinvested in a new striker.

I tell you what:

The longer Lerner leaves it to get rid of McStupid the harder it will be to get us out of the shit

I've had enough of fans saying we are better off without Bent and should sell etc..

.. So ive posted why i think he could be one of our best strikers EVER here:

http://lernerslostit.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/darren-bent-the-best-avfc-striker-since/

You need to get out more mate. Whilst I dont doubt Bents goals have been important to us since he signed, Id quite like to read a more balanced arguement where you don't appear to replace Bent with 'thin air' should he have not signed.

Absolutely ridiculous to take his goals away and not even acknowledge that another player would have been playing, who may have scored less and may have scored more - who knows??

I've had enough of fans saying we are better off without Bent and should sell etc..

.. So ive posted why i think he could be one of our best strikers EVER here:

http://lernerslostit.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/darren-bent-the-best-avfc-striker-since/

You need to get out more mate. Whilst I dont doubt Bents goals have been important to us since he signed, Id quite like to read a more balanced arguement where you don't appear to replace Bent with 'thin air' should he have not signed.

Absolutely ridiculous to take his goals away and not even acknowledge that another player would have been playing, who may have scored less and may have scored more - who knows??

its in direct response to people saying we'd be better off without him. So would Gabby or Heskey scored those goals? No. Especially given the fact they cant find their way into the box anyway.

Sorry for caring about the villa.

It depends on your viewpoint.

Have we benefited from his goals? yes definately many would argue his goals kept us up last season.

But ultimately this year we've had a £20m+ striker in the squad who has scored how many goals exactly? Now people could argue that a £10m striker and a £10m midfielder might have contibuted more goals to this team than Bent who frankly hasn't had enough service to be effective this season.

The reality of the matter though is if we do need to generate some cash we havn't really got anybody else to sell.

It depends on your viewpoint.

Have we benefited from his goals? yes definately many would argue his goals kept us up last season.

But ultimately this year we've had a £20m+ striker in the squad who has scored how many goals exactly? Now people could argue that a £10m striker and a £10m midfielder might have contibuted more goals to this team than Bent who frankly hasn't had enough service to be effective this season.

The reality of the matter though is if we do need to generate some cash we havn't really got anybody else to sell.

he's scored 25% of our goals... even with injuries..

Yeah but thats not saying a lot when our goal scoring is so woeful.

My point is due to the way we play, or have been playing a different striker might have scored the same or more and not cost anywhere near the price Bent has.

It reminds of buying a ferrari to nip to the corner shop and back.

I still laugh about the posts where people claimed we wouldnt miss Bent as Gabby would step up and score the goals instead.

Gabby isn't, never was and never will be a goalscorer. He's a 15 a season man once in a blue moon at best.

I beginning to wonder if he actually gives a shit too. His performances of late have been pathetic. Both in terms of effort and quality.

I still laugh about the posts where people claimed we wouldnt miss Bent as Gabby would step up and score the goals instead.

Gabby isn't, never was and never will be a goalscorer. He's a 15 a season man once in a blue moon at best.

I beginning to wonder if he actually gives a shit too. His performances of late have been pathetic. Both in terms of effort and quality.

Gabby is not keen on Eck or Grant and is not happy at being put out wide all of time and is contemplating leaving

Gabby is not keen on Eck or Grant and is not happy at being put out wide all of time and is contemplating leaving

Such shit stirring.

Such shit stirring.

I actually know this as fact!

Â