Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

more shit from nursey

McLeish admits: I could sell Bent

Published 22:30 25/12/11 By James Nursey

Alex McLeish has admitted for the first time Aston Villa's England striker Darren Bent could leave next month - providing they get an irresistible bid.

Villa are willing to listen to offers for many of their stars to raise funds for boss McLeish, who must sell to buy.

He has already considered "sacrificing" captain Stiliyan Petrov.

Bent's commitment has been questioned after he was seen shopping in the televised defeat to Liverpool while injured.

QPR are interested in Bent, 27, who cost £18million from Sunderland a year ago.

McLeish said: "I wouldn't think anybody can afford Darren. I wouldn't think so.

"It is very much a kind of juggling of the balls at the moment.

"We have got to trade carefully so that means I can't just go into the market without there being a kind of balance.

"But losing a striker of Darren's ability would be difficult to replace.

"His goals last season were a vital part of Villa's season in terms of keeping them up."

McLeish is wary after his shot-shy Birmingham side were relegated last season after scoring just 37 goals in 38 games.

He added: "People say that strikers make the difference in this league.

"That was something that badly affected Birmingham City last year when we lost Nikola Zigic after the League Cup final and Obafemi Martins breaking his leg was a massive blow to that club."

I'm no professor of English but where in AMc's words does he 'admit he could sell Darren Bent' - as the headline states????

More horse-shit from The Mirror and their chief retard.

More rubbish from that total and utter rocket polisher Nursey. He is so anti Villa its just untrue.

Mind you he is being run a close second by some of the comments on here by fans about Bent leaving.

People are reading too much into his every move lately. Yes he'll leave, we always sell assets but not for another season or two imo.

And your evidence is what precisely?

bite their hands off Randy
Give it a rest.

And would the club really sell for a loss? I can see him being sold for £25m, but £15m?

15 - 16m for a player who for more than 1 reason isnt playing well and looks barely interested. Whats the point in keepin him when we can get good money for him.

Couldn't really fault him in the end last season but this season he been woeful 85% of the time.

I understnad we may not be playing to his strengths and thats another reason to cash in. Mcliesh wont change. And from where Im standing, Mcliesh looks more interested in AVFC than Darren Bent, and while Im no Mcliesh fan, I will always back the person who lacks ability but tries against a person with ability who feels the need to take his bat home.

Good idea that. Regardless of how anyone perceives his ability lets sell him for a loss of around £3million only 12 months after we bought him when he is in the prime of his career.

Not doing the business, end of. I have seen nothing from Darren bent or AVFC that fill me with any hope that he will do the business at any point this season. Not solely his fault, as our lack of creativity (something I was wary of when we first signed him (even when we had Young/Downing)) has played a part in him being a complete an utter waste of space in many matchesd this season.

Good idea that. Regardless of how anyone perceives his ability lets sell him for a loss of around £3million only 12 months after we bought him when he is in the prime of his career.

Not doing the business, end of. I have seen nothing from Darren bent or AVFC that fill me with any hope that he will do the business at any point this season. Not solely his fault, as our lack of creativity (something I was wary of when we first signed him (even when we had Young/Downing)) has played a part in him being a complete an utter waste of space in many matchesd this season.

It isn't end of though is it. In times we seem to be short of money we sell our record signing 12 months after we signed him for a loss? It's absurd in both football and financial terms.

It isn't end of though is it. In times we seem to be short of money we sell our record signing 12 months after we signed him for a loss? It's absurd in both football and financial terms.

I don't think so. We may not receive the same transfer fee, but we have had some of our moneys worth out of him. His goals were crucial in keeping us up last season - Not even I can deny that. So you could argue that he was almost a free signing in the summer.

Ive never been a big fan admittedly but I genuinely no longer see what he offers the team or indeed what the team offers him.

Â