Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

So McLeish's stunning level of incompetence has some fans now actually wanting us to sell Bent??

Bloody hell!

Just google Bent's premiership record FFS - It speaks for itself.

We've been needing a striker like him for the last decade and now because we have an utter moron as manager who can't manage - we now have some fans actually doubting actual reality and even wanting to sell Bent.

Crazy.

bite their hands off Randy
Give it a rest.

And would the club really sell for a loss? I can see him being sold for £25m, but £15m?

15 - 16m for a player who for more than 1 reason isnt playing well and looks barely interested. Whats the point in keepin him when we can get good money for him.

Couldn't really fault him in the end last season but this season he been woeful 85% of the time.

I understnad we may not be playing to his strengths and thats another reason to cash in. Mcliesh wont change. And from where Im standing, Mcliesh looks more interested in AVFC than Darren Bent, and while Im no Mcliesh fan, I will always back the person who lacks ability but tries against a person with ability who feels the need to take his bat home.

How about getting rid of the manager instead? That is the main problem. Even under Steve Bruce Bent managed to score a lot of goals. In Gabby, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bannan we have sufficient suppliers. Get a manager in who will play to our strengths and Bent WILL score goals.

Who cares if McLeish "looks" interested in Villa? Fact is, we've tamely submitted in no less than 3 league games this season, and hardly bothered to attack in many more. McLeish is the main problem here, not Bent. Also, I wouldn't trust McLeish to spend any kind of money wisely.

Can't believe people are siding with one of the most inept managers in Villa history over a proven goalscorer and one of our only star players.

Give it a rest.

And would the club really sell for a loss? I can see him being sold for £25m, but £15m?

15 - 16m for a player who for more than 1 reason isnt playing well and looks barely interested. Whats the point in keepin him when we can get good money for him.

Couldn't really fault him in the end last season but this season he been woeful 85% of the time.

I understnad we may not be playing to his strengths and thats another reason to cash in. Mcliesh wont change. And from where Im standing, Mcliesh looks more interested in AVFC than Darren Bent, and while Im no Mcliesh fan, I will always back the person who lacks ability but tries against a person with ability who feels the need to take his bat home.

How about getting rid of the manager instead? That is the main problem. Even under Steve Bruce Bent managed to score a lot of goals. In Gabby, N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Bannan we have sufficient suppliers. Get a manager in who will play to our strengths and Bent WILL score goals.

Who cares if McLeish "looks" interested in Villa? Fact is, we've tamely submitted in no less than 3 league games this season, and hardly bothered to attack in many more. McLeish is the main problem here, not Bent. Also, I wouldn't trust McLeish to spend any kind of money wisely.

Can't believe people are siding with one of the most inept managers in Villa history over a proven goalscorer and one of our only star players.

The manager isnt going to be sacked. Pointless arguement imo

whatever his faults...natural goalscorers are a rare breed.

If we can feel safe in acquiring an adequate replacement then fine sell him but our record in the transfer market suggests we keep him.....we don't get lucky too often.

I guess what we are are all looking for and him too plus( them that left i.e Barry,Milner,Downing & young) is to know the calibre of player likely to come in to help.

We need to get back on this front foot.

Give it a rest.

He should be, and things carry on the way they are I think his position will become untenable soon.

Give it a rest.

He should be, and things carry on the way they are I think his position will become untenable soon.

Whether I disagree with you on that or not (and I slightly disagree FWIW) - it isnt going to happen!

unfortunately Mantis i honestly think we are stuck with this manager even if got relegated (which no - i don't think even McLeish can achieve yet).

The club made such a ridiculous and unneccesary rod for its own back in appointing him in first place i think he will be stubbornly backed even if results went really awful.

In the meantime we've ended up with some fans thinking Bent is crap etc and should sell him ! Madness.

The level of McLeishs incompetence is pretty staggering all the same.

In the meantime we've ended up with some fans thinking Bent is crap etc and should sell him

If thats aimed at me, Id like to add that his 10 or so glaring misses this season has played a part in that.

Can I ask a question - Why is Darren Bent so excusable?

Does Mcliesh play heskey to his strengths? No

Do we acknowledge it? Yes tbf

But in acknowledging it, do we let Heskey off the hook? No we absolutely crucify him.

Â