Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think a further problem, it would be even more moronic to buy Bent and then sell Young and Downing, only for us to go and sell Bent again.

He’s on a tidy wedge, QPR are no draw, I’m sure he’ll get over his tiff, if he’s actually had one.

If they're able to do so, I'm sure Lerner will bite their hands off, probably bringing Djalo in on a free as his replacement.
Really? But why would he do that when it's a sure way of getting the entire fanbase on his back even more?

If they're able to do so, I'm sure Lerner will bite their hands off, probably bringing Djalo in on a free as his replacement.
Really? But why would he do that when it's a sure way of getting the entire fanbase on his back even more?

Do you think he is bothered what the fans think?

It's never bothered him that the Browns fans dislike him and he lives in the same city as them. I'm sure he doesn't hear anything from the Villa fans on the other side of the world.

Personally, I think the Mcleish appointment shows us that he's not massively concerned by fan opinion.

It's my opinion that Bent was bought in as a cheaper option than getting relegated and if Lerner can get his wages back off the books, then he'd jump at the chance, be it in this window or the next.

Personally, I think the Mcleish appointment shows us that he's not massively concerned by fan opinion.

It's my opinion that Bent was bought in as a cheaper option than getting relegated and if Lerner can get his wages back off the books, then he'd jump at the chance, be it in this window or the next.

Even if he thought we were in danger again this year?

I wouldn't be bothered at all if he was sold. He offers so so little in the current set-up (which isnt going to change), that its almost pointless him being on the field. He needs too many chances to get a goal, and we just dont create them.

Looks like hes not been interested for a while, and I lost patience with him some time ago.

That said, ther just rumours :D

Even if he thought we were in danger again this year?

This is a good point. Perhaps by the time January comes back around we'll be in enough of a mess for Lerner to realise that weakening the squad further could see us relegated.

Personally I think if we sold Bent in January, which I think for the record is very very unlikely, the backlash from fans would be massive. There are lots of season ticket holders who are in two minds about renewing and its clear our ticket sales for any game are weaker than last year. Selling Bent would mean that the gates could fall more and season ticket holders would not renew.

The solution is to buy players to give the right service to Bent, not sell one of the most prolific strikers in the Premiership.

Personally I think if we sold Bent in January, which I think for the record is very very unlikely, the backlash from fans would be massive. There are lots of season ticket holders who are in two minds about renewing and its clear our ticket sales for any game are weaker than last year. Selling Bent would mean that the gates could fall more and season ticket holders would not renew.

The solution is to buy players to give the right service to Bent, not sell one of the most prolific strikers in the Premiership.

Exactly. Unfortunately some would rather sell him just because our current buffoon of a manager can't get the best out of him. :|

Â