Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I wonder if he managed to get his Christmas shopping done last night?

Injured... I just don't believe that.

And neither do I. To me it is an all too familiar story at the moment and I think we are in the later stages of his brief stay with us

Bent was injured. Nothing to see here, although he didn't use his brain when he went out shopping before full time...but then again we don't pay them for their brains.

Thanks YIM nice to see what I'd call a fact from a reputable poster rather than people speculating as usual.

I can't believe people seriously believe Bent would either trick our physios that he was injured or that we'd leave a £18m player out for nothing and tell him he can go shopping. Although I'm sure they know that.

Dont get me wrong here, I want Mcleish out as much as the next man but as I dont think their is any chance of that happening, if I got a big offer £25m in Jan then I would sell him. He clearly isnt working out under Mcleish, he doesnt fit into his plans or "style" of football but while we are stuck with him, I would rather we had the money to buy us the players that can get us out of trouble, playing Mcleish's unique brand of anti football.

Dont get me wrong here, I want Mcleish out as much as the next man but as I dont think their is any chance of that happening, if I got a big offer £25m in Jan then I would sell him. He clearly isnt working out under Mcleish, he doesnt fit into his plans or "style" of football but while we are stuck with him, I would rather we had the money to buy us the players that can get us out of trouble, playing Mcleish's unique brand of anti football.
I'd rather we just we got rid of McLeish instead. Surely when looking at the situation people must realise that it's McLeish that needs to go and not Bent?

For all of the terrible tactics employed by Mcleish this season Bent has still missed a lot of absolute sitters, had he put those away he could easily be sitting on 10+ goals. I firmly believe sooner or later he will start to find the net, especially if we get the ball in the box like we did yesterday.

For all of the terrible tactics employed by Mcleish this season Bent has still missed a lot of absolute sitters, had he put those away he could easily be sitting on 10+ goals. I firmly believe sooner or later he will start to find the net, especially if we get the ball in the box like we did yesterday.
He's missed a few, but by no means as many people make out. He's had a few shots that have been well saved, but of course whenever Bent gets a shot saved well it's automatically marked down as a "missed sitter".

Problem is, we haven't been getting anywhere near enough service to him this season.

Fans leave the stadium while the team is losing, what's the difference?

OMG, is that a serious question!

Because we pay to attend and hope for some entertainment!! When it ain't happening we have every right to make our feelings known or go home early

OMG, is that a serious question!

Because we pay to attend and hope for some entertainment!! When it ain't happening we have every right to make our feelings known or go home early

And he's only paid to play football not paid to support the club.

The only decent reason ive heard for him to stay was to put an arm round Fonz to give him encouragement. But even that is weak, the Fonz shouldnt need any encouraging he should be biting at the leash to prove himself. Also the two might not even get on had Bent put an arm round him Fonz may just well have thought '**** off Darren'

The bigger question is not why wasn't Bent watching Villa, but why were Villa fans going shopping instead of supporting the team, if less people went shopping and turned upto the ground we might actually be in a better situation.

I mean look at Stoke, yes horrible team/tactics but my god do there fans back the team. If we were half as passionate we might actually make some noise for a change.

I'd rather we just we got rid of McLeish instead. Surely when looking at the situation people must realise that it's McLeish that needs to go and not Bent?

that was sort of my point. Like everyone else, id rather Mcleish left, but i cant see it. On that basis id rather we let Bent go and bought players in who Mcleish will get the best out of. Mcleish and his own players would be better than Mcleish and Bent.

that was sort of my point. Like everyone else, id rather Mcleish left, but i cant see it. On that basis id rather we let Bent go and bought players in who Mcleish will get the best out of. Mcleish and his own players would be better than Mcleish and Bent.

I don't want to see McLeish bring in his own players. He'll turn us into a thuggy anti-football side. It's not even like he's any good once he's built up his own squad. SHA's relegation last season proved that. We'd just end up a poor man's Stoke.

No, I'd rather we keep Bent and hope that McLeish leaves soon.

The bigger question is not why wasn't Bent watching Villa, but why were Villa fans going shopping instead of supporting the team, if less people went shopping and turned upto the ground we might actually be in a better situation.

I mean look at Stoke, yes horrible team/tactics but my god do there fans back the team. If we were half as passionate we might actually make some noise for a change.

?

you think it is the crowds fault we are losing rather than the shit that is faulkner decided to employ the shit ginger clunge?

and then the ginger clunge doing exactly what anyone with half a brain cell said he would which would be to produce poor unattractive ineffective hoofball which will have the club looking like shit?

you think fans who all look inbred and want to fight as it is the only thing they can do as they dont work and there is **** all else for them to look forward to in their dull lives are passionate and that is why stoke have become a team our currently shittly managed team fears?

oh my! :|

Â