Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

did i say that?

If thats aimed at my question then you implied it wen you said you agree with everything in the post you quoted??

i didn't even read your post, i believe bent is world class and would score goals in any side in world football and no that post was about rooney

Fair enough, I disagree, based on he hasnt proven anything on a world stage yet.

Also, Im not sure your synopsis works tbh. Score goals for any team in world football? Surely the better the team ur in, the easier it is to score. A better way to look at it imo, wud be to judge whether or not he can consistently score against any team in world football.

If Villa played Man Utd 38 times next season, Darren Bent aint gettin 20 goals for me

In his 1 and a half years at sunderland, he scored against arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, tottenham and man utd. Since joining us in jan, he has scored against arsenal twice and man cit

and man utd.

did i say that?

If thats aimed at my question then you implied it wen you said you agree with everything in the post you quoted??

i didn't even read your post, i believe bent is world class and would score goals in any side in world football and no that post was about rooney

Fair enough, I disagree, based on he hasnt proven anything on a world stage yet.

Also, Im not sure your synopsis works tbh. Score goals for any team in world football? Surely the better the team ur in, the easier it is to score. A better way to look at it imo, wud be to judge whether or not he can consistently score against any team in world football.

If Villa played Man Utd 38 times next season, Darren Bent aint gettin 20 goals for me

In his 1 and a half years at sunderland, he scored against arsenal, liverpool, chelsea, tottenham and man utd. Since joining us in jan, he has scored against arsenal twice and man cit

And Man u.

I think having Bent in the squad is a real morale booster for every game. The amount of times I've thought "I'm not sure if we can get a result today" but then realised we've got Bent is astounding. I'm sure some of the players feel this way too.

did i say that?

Think youve missed the point tbh.

Im not saying he cant score against them, cos that would be silly given that hes proven he can.

My point is, could darren Bent adapt his game enough to score consistently against a top side over a season. After a few games, man utd would know his game and shut him out as they would with anyboby admittedly, but Id be more confident that - Torres (when on form), rooney, Villa, Tevez, Messi, Drogba, Ronaldo etc (who I believe to be the best strikers in the world) would be able to adapt there game more than Bent to score more often.

Im not having a go at Bent here, im saying simply hes not at the level of the other players mentioned imo.

Theres been much debate on world class on here and what it means. The majority seem to think its 'the best of the best'. A definition, Ive swung towards from the opinion I had a few months back which I now believe was wrong - but thats a different matter.

The strikers above are the best in the world. On form, all of them have proven that over and over again. No one in ther right mind can argue that Darren Bent is of their quality. Its just madness

did i say that?

Think youve missed the point tbh.

Im not saying he cant score against them, cos that would be silly given that hes proven he can.

My point is, could darren Bent adapt his game enough to score consistently against a top side over a season. After a few games, man utd would know his game and shut him out as they would with anyboby admittedly, but Id be more confident that - Torres (when on form), rooney, Villa, Tevez, Messi, Drogba, Ronaldo etc (who I believe to be the best strikers in the world) would be able to adapt there game more than Bent to score more often.

Im not having a go at Bent here, im saying simply hes not at the level of the other players mentioned imo.

Theres been much debate on world class on here and what it means. The majority seem to think its 'the best of the best'. A definition, Ive swung towards from the opinion I had a few months back which I now believe was wrong - but thats a different matter.

The strikers above are the best in the world. On form, all of them have proven that over and over again. No one in ther right mind can argue that Darren Bent is of their quality. Its just madness

Bents game is based on movement, reacting to lose balls and putting away half chances. It is not that easy to stop those traits. It would mean, anticipating him as well as where the ball to be, holding on to every single shot and literally being closer to him than his own shadow.

It is easier to take a player out that comes deep, always wants the ball at his feet and runs at players.

Also, to say you want him to adapt to score more consistently is wrong, 5,7,8 goals in the last 3 seasons against top 6 teams is pretty impressive. You have got to think about the amount of goals those teams concede and when we beat them, how many goals is it by.

i never said that in terms of general play that he is on the level of the players that you listed but it's still decent and is a lot better than he is given credit for (see darren bent thread in hall of fame for proof). I believe that in terms of finishing, he is better than those players, i have seen nothing to suggest that he isn't, based on his villa career so far

God, what an odd argument. What sort of league has you playing top sides every week? None.

Everywhere he's been he's scored goals. Now he's getting a chance for England... he's scoring goals. Does anyone doubt if he signed for Man Utd or Chelsea that he'd score bucket loads of goals?

He's **** great. End of. Why compare him to Ronaldo or Messi, totally different players. You can compare him to Rooney and Drogba... and lo and behold, he scores just as many goals. Whether you like it or not, he's one of the very best goalscorers in one of the world's top leagues. What more does he have to do?

It is easier to take a player out that comes deep, always wants the ball at his feet and runs at players.

Those players have both what Bent has got and the ability to drop deep.

Other than that - Very good post

God, what an odd argument. What sort of league has you playing top sides every week? None.

Everywhere he's been he's scored goals. Now he's getting a chance for England... he's scoring goals. Does anyone doubt if he signed for Man Utd or Chelsea that he'd score bucket loads of goals?

He's **** great. End of. Why compare him to Ronaldo or Messi, totally different players. You can compare him to Rooney and Drogba... and lo and behold, he scores just as many goals. Whether you like it or not, he's one of the very best goalscorers in one of the world's top leagues. What more does he have to do?

Surely you realise that I dont genuinely think you go a season playing man utd evry game - it was just an example I used as a way of highlighting the difference between Bent and the rest - or at least what i believe to be the difference.

Otherwise, Im not sure what your point is as I dont disagree with much that uve said, and never hinted that I do

i never said that in terms of general play that he is on the level of the players that you listed but it's still decent and is a lot better than he is given credit for (see darren bent thread in hall of fame for proof). I believe that in terms of finishing, he is better than those players, i have seen nothing to suggest that he isn't, based on his villa career so far

Question SGC - as were not really gettin anywhere here.

You use the fact that Bent has scored what?? the 3rd most goals in the league over 5 years a lot. You use it to justify him being better than most!!

But yet, one of the people (Rooney) whos scored more, in less games (or so I read) than Bent, you go hell for leather to try and justify that hes nowhere near as good as Bent.

Now, you might say hes playin in a better team - and thats a fair point

Theres also the argument that he plays in teams where more people score, which might have even limited his goalscoring due to opportunities not coming his way as often as they come to Bent!!

Either way, the difference both points above could possibly make in terms of goals scored dont coincide with the difference you appear to put between Rooney and Bents abilities.

I think its clear for whatever reason you hate Rooney as much as you love Bent.

That has resulted in you rating Bent a better player/goalscorer/finisher - whatever, than Rooney, which is also known as - talking out ya arse!

Â