New kits

villa4europe

QPR away kit is lovely.

Like I said before, you can't **** up Red and Black unless you really really try.

to me they look like JJB sunday league special kits

obviously going for the simple look but they look more like no effort 

QPR away kit is lovely.

Like I said before, you can't **** up Red and Black unless you really really try.

to me they look like JJB sunday league special kits

obviously going for the simple look but they look more like no effort 

Essentially that's what they are.  It's teamwear.

QPR away kit is lovely.

Adidas must have tried bloody hard with Mian's new home shirt then!
yep. That's what I was getting at ;-)

Nowt wrong with umbro boots, had a few pairs for £20 odd never fell apart.

Spent about £100 on a pair of Nike total 90's and they came apart the second time I wore them, didn't help that I kicked the pitch instead of the ball during warm up*

*warm up - taking shots at the keeper until the refs ready

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with umbro boots, had a few pairs for £20 odd never fell apart.

Spent about £100 on a pair of Nike total 90's and they came apart the second time I wore them, didn't help that I kicked the pitch instead of the ball during warm up*

*warm up - taking shots at the keeper until the refs ready

Puma is the king of football boots.

Why do Spain need a 3rd kit for the game vs Holland. Their away kit is black, so there is no clash with the orange of Holland.

the prem and CL arent but at a guess the world cup is still based on black and white TVs, according to adidas FIFA have requested that spain have a 3rd shirt because their 2 kits arent distinguishable enough, sounds like an adidas **** up or a cash in, either way spain / adidas will cash in so i doubt they care

I think it was in 2002 a majority of games a team wore a white kit for some reason

New Ireland kit will be launched today against Turkey -

Bod3QoWCQAAoS1D.jpg

BodtGVCCMAAzPKU.jpg

BodvVz3IgAAGpTE.jpg

They look like they're walking backwards

a metaphor for the direction O'Neill is taking the team

• Like 2

I heard a stat that every game in USA 94 apart from 2, at least one one of the teams was wearing a white or yellow kit. Looking back at that tournament, it looks like it was true.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why they've been asked to do it, as Holland's away kit is blue so it "should" be fine, but similarly I can't find any quotes from FIFA about it either.

Black and white tvs don't come into it.  The premise is that you would have one dark kit and one light kit.  So for instance with England having a white home kit they could have pretty much any away kit apart from yellow or sky blue.

The same idea influenced the change from the need to have an aperture (plain box) for numbers on the back of a shirt.  With Argentina having sky and white stripes and a black number there is enough contrast to allow it to be visible.  With, say, Paraguay it'd be harder to find a contrasting colour because the stripes are red and white.  Whilst black and white tv isn't a consideration, a shortcut for designers is to put the numbered shirt on a black and white photocopier as this allows you to understand if it'd be deemed contrasted or not.

The odd thing with the Spain situation is that they are named as the home team so the onus should be on Holland to wear a contrasting away kit.  Holland's away kit is blue so really you'd think that would enough.

The only other thing I could suggest is that normally Holland having an orange home kit and dark blue away kit is enough to tick the light/dark box.  Spain, though, play in a very dark red and their away kit is black so it could be deemed that they don't meet the criteria overall.  Bit harsh to ask Holland/Nike to make a new kit when what they have meets the regulations and would be fine against every other team.

/kitbore

Edited by NurembergVillan
  • Like 2