New kits

villa4europe

So not only do Cardiff have to wear red, but they have to wear that monstrosity. I really feel for their fans. Their first ever kit with premier league badges and numbers and it's a terrible design and it isn't blue.

am sure the fans dont really care anymore now their team got promoted with their new colours

Oh they do.

So not only do Cardiff have to wear red, but they have to wear that monstrosity. I really feel for their fans. Their first ever kit with premier league badges and numbers and it's a terrible design and it isn't blue.

am sure the fans dont really care anymore now their team got promoted with their new colours

Oh they do.

We'd care if we were offered a Man City type takeover but only if we changed our colours to something totally unrelated to our history. 

It would be incredibly frustrating and nobody would buy the kits.

I wonder if the Cardiff City Stadium is still a sea of blue shirts.

Oh they do.

We'd care if we were offered a Man City type takeover but only if we changed our colours to something totally unrelated to our history. 

It would be incredibly frustrating and nobody would buy the kits.

I wonder if the Cardiff City Stadium is still a sea of blue shirts.

They are all moaning, but the owner has got them into the Prem with his new lucky colour and new lucky badge and new lucky dragon.

Personally, I really don't understand the two mismatched reds, but I think they are still voting on the exact combination. I'd have thought it would be easier to sell to the locals if it was mixed up with a bit of white and green.

Cardiff City fans are being given the chance to vote for the colour of next seasons shorts - 4 colours. Only season ticket holders can vote.

This has come about because of the fan backlash when they were released last week. A club that actually listens to their fans - good on them.

Edited by Voinjama

Cardiff City fans are being given the chance to vote for the colour of next seasons shorts - 4 colours. Only season ticket holders can vote.

This has come about because of the fan backlash when they were released last week. A club that actually listens to their fans - good on them.

Sorry.... but that is one of the funniest post of 2013.

• Like 1

Why?

Here is the story. BBC website, so quite reliable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22722605

Why?

Here is the story. BBC website, so quite reliable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-22722605

You need to do a little background reading on Cardiff's recent history post takeover.

(no offense intended in either post by the way)

Now I know what you mean Trent. I didn't know about Cardiff and what has happened over the last few years. I only follow the prem. I guess initially the owners did not listen to the majority of fans regarding kit colours, but it could be argued that this is an attempt to make amends.

I now realise my error in the post i made.

You guys all have more football knowledge then me.

Edited by Voinjama

I've said it before on this forum, but Leeds fans don't give two shits that Don Revie changed their home kit from blue and yellow to all white for even more stupid reasons than the Cardiff City owners offered to their fans (he thought it would be nice if Leeds played in the same colours as Real Madrid btw) and I'm pretty sure that Cardiff fans will forget about their current colour change if the club can establish itself in the Premier League like, say, Fulham have. 

In ten or fifteen years time: 

"Hey Gareth, do you remember when we played in blue and were really crap?" 

"No Kelly, I don't."

Of course, Cardiff have to do what Leeds did in order for that to work and establish a new tradition by offering the fans a period of sustained success because if they don't do that then the rose tinted spectacles of nostalgia will come out and decades shite football at a shite ground full of hooligans in the bottom two divisions of English football (and lets face it, save for four or five years of failed promotion attempts recently that is where Cardiff have spent the majority of their history) will all of a sudden be remembered as the best days they have ever had. 

Now I know what you mean Trent. I didn't know about Cardiff and what has happened over the last few years. I only follow the prem. I guess initially the owners did not listen to the majority of fans regarding kit colours, but it could be argued that this is an attempt to make amends.

I now realise my error in the post i made.

I think the funny thing is that the blue to red shirt change controversy was actually stated in the article you linked.  Did you even read it?  :D

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

I do understand the "if it works, nobody will care in 50 years time", but my counter to this argument is trying to think less about what their situation is and more about if we did the same. Ditching claret and blue for lucky red and changing the crest to St George from the Scottish lion for investiment. I wouldn't be chuffed. At all

aw come on, if I can't have an irrational dislike of a rival footy club on a footy forum.....

two days a week most weeks I have to listen to how they are actually probably the biggest club in europe

• Like 1