How big a derby is Coventry for us Villa fans?

TRS-T

It's not. If we drew them away in a cup or something I'd class it as a cheaper away day. The same way that Stoke isn't one but media still call it one.

In whos eyes yours? you look about 18??? the last time villa played Coventry id guess you was 9/10????

Coventry through 80's 90's was fierce......on and off the pitch...always a

good derby is Coventry.

First away game I went to was against Cov...in the Cov end. My cousin took me, think it was 99, so I wouldve been 13. A cold midweek evening it was. We were sat behind the goal and Dion scored in front of us in the first half, the Cov fans went berserk :D They ended up winning 2-1 though.

I've had alot of hostility from Cov fans in recent years, but I can understand that really as we sent them down. They've got the legion though who will seek out trouble with anyone, on the FA Cup day we played Blackburn this season and they were playing SHA I bumped into a bunch of them on the train, and they were expecting a scrap with them. Talked that up like it was a derby aswell.

Leicester is there derby now though, and they really do hate each other. Only other one they have is the annual friendly against Nuneaton which can get pretty tasty believe it or not!

They're a pathetic nothing club. They REALLY hate us, aruguably more the Leicester in some cases. I find it hilarious that they've got all this pent up anger/rage/bitterness/jealousy about us, and we literally do not give a crap about them.

I lived with one at uni who hated us, who always tried to take the piss out the villa and loved it if we lost and tried making fun of the Holte and our fans, pretty pathetic really.

If it wasn't for him they wouldnt even register with me.

Just remember everyone, we relegated them, after they were 2-0 up against us! then we stole hadji of them who was their best player!

I may be remembering it wrong but wasn't it a load of Coventry fans who were in the Holte End one game and then ran the length of the pitch to jump in the away end in the early 90's?

I think that was Newcastle when they first came up. Unless Coventry did it some other time as well...

My earliest memory of Coventry was in the 89-90 season, which was the first season I was old enough to figure out what was going on. I've since watched the season review video several hundred times and the name Kevin Drinkell always sticks in my mind. He scored when they beat us 2 - 0 at their place but it's the name that I remember. Micky Quinn (the original fat bastard) might have scored the other I think. OT, but also that season and from that video I learnt for the first time what a 'screamer' was. Glenn Cockerill scored for Southampton against us at The Dell, his shot was right in the top corner and the ball rattled around in the stantion of bar and post. Always remember the commentator screaming "OH WHAT A SCREAMER!".

I remember quite a few games at VP against Coventry but have always been amused by how much they hate us, I really am indifferent to them. Having said that I never went to Highfield Road.

I remember them being proper vexed when we signed Dublin off them. Also remember them beating us 4 - 1 at VP for the first time in 60+ years. Boateng scored twice for them so we went and bought him! And of course will always remember relegating them, the day that JPA scored his first goal for the Villa. We were in the Trinity middle, right above where the away fans were at that point in lower North. They were obviously giving it the big one being 2 - 0 up at HT and thinking they were staying up. What a 2nd half...

We haven't played them for 10 years, so it can hardly be classed as a living rivalry.

I lived in Coventry in the early 70s and the main thing I detected from the locals was an almost complete indifference to the fate of their home team.

Coventry are on a par with Walsall in my mind to be honest. A small club near Birmingham that I don't ever really think about. Mind I'd not shed a tear if Cov went bust, but I'd not like to see Walsall go under. We are the most hated club in the Midlands though, no doubt about it. Due to being the biggest and most successful. Can't say I'd lose any sleep over it.

That 4-1 defeat against them was also incidentally the last time a fully English team was played. By us.

We relegated them. We don't care about them anymore, they're still bitter. Our derby is with SHA. And stretching, WBA as well.

Coventry was never a derby game in my eyes. A bit of a fun day out, occasionally a bit lively, but thats all.They've been living off their cup win for years and have always seemed to see us as this huge rival, which tbh I don't get.

Taking my father-in-law as an example (a pretend sky-blue), I would say that their recent loathing of us does actually stem from the fact that we effectively put them down and out. Personally, I think they just make up the numbers anyway and are well due a visit from the administrators.

Who the **** are Coventry?

Really dont even think of them.

We dont give a **** about them

i think it pisses them off even more how little we think of them, but i never look for there results or even know who there manager is.

For me, they are not even a derby

They're a pathetic nothing club.

On a scale of 1-10, with Blose being 10. I'd rate a game with Coventry at about -1

we couldn't give two shits about them.

Had forgot all about them. What they up to these days?

These.

I once had the enormous pleasure of being in a football team with a Cov fan. We were in the pub after training when he found out I was a Villa fan, and he went off on one about how much he hated us, and the "bitter rivalry" between the two clubs.

The rest of the team seemed quite taken aback and looked at me for a reaction. I basically replied as above - basically "Meh - of course we don't hate them, they don't even register on our radar".

He was FURIOUS, and the rest of the team were in stitches. To make it even better, we played in the same position, and seeing as how he was fat and slow, I got the shirt. He **** off shortly after that. Marvellous.

Desperate for a shadow to be cold in. Not a proper club in any way or form. Their hatred is bitter from top to bottom. Went on a corporate trip to the Highfield Rd years ago, the then Coventry chairman, can't remember his name, but he used to be a batsman for warwickshire, came to our table as he knew my host and he was vitriolic against us. We won 2-0 if I recall, sweet.

Desperate for a shadow to be cold in. Not a proper club in any way or form. Their hatred is bitter from top to bottom. Went on a corporate trip to the Highfield Rd years ago, the then Coventry chairman, can't remember his name, but he used to be a batsman for warwickshire, came to our table as he knew my host and he was vitriolic against us. We won 2-0 if I recall, sweet.

If you have nothing in your life, you find something to hate. It gives you a reason to carry on, in what is a miserable existance.

Kind of sums Coventry up :lol:

Â